• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros 4 Roster Prediction Contest! Prizes included! Deadline: June 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Characters:
  • mario
  • luigi
  • peach
  • yoshi
  • bowser
  • wario
  • samus
  • zero suit samus
  • cap.falcon
  • pit
  • pikachu
  • pokemon trainer
  • female pokemon trainer
  • mewtwo wind form/evolution thingy
  • lucario
  • ness and lucas
  • chrom
  • link
  • ltt2 link
  • zelda
  • kirby
  • metal knight
  • olimar
  • donkey and diddy kong
  • wreck it ralph
  • bayonetta
  • jack frost
  • heihachi mishima
  • ryu hayabusa
  • snake
  • Monster Hunter Warrior

Assist Trophies:
  • Dillion
  • Samurai from Sakura Samurai
  • Female models from Style Savvy
  • Tempo
  • Bomber Man
  • The character from Crashmo
  • W101 characters
  • Palutena
  • Tom Nook
  • Little Mac

Pokemon:
  • sylveon
  • pokemon xy
  • pokemon xy 2
  • Genesect
  • zoroark
  • xerneas
  • yveltal
  • kyurem
  • jigglypuff
  • slowpoke

Stages:
  • Luigi's masion 2
  • nintendo land
  • style savvy street area
  • Mario 3D Land Stage
  • mario kart 7 stage
  • skyloft
  • FE stage
  • pokemon stadium stage

Items not sure

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
One of the things that people clamoring for Lucina seem to be forgetting is that Smash Bros is a game for Nintendo All-Stars. Marth is iconic for Fire Emblem, Lucina won't be replacing him on that alone.

That's the same reason I don't think characters like Shulk or Isaac have any chance. Xenoblade is a one-off game that doesn't really "deserve" representation any more than, say, Baten Kaitos did. I'm not even sure those games were mentioned in Brawl. And Isaac hasn't been the star of a game in a decade, and the most recent Golden Sun apparently bombed horribly so the series seems to be dead.

Snakey

And Isaac hasn't been the star of a game in a decade, and the most recent Golden Sun apparently bombed horribly so the series seems to be dead.

Marth was not in a FE game since January 1994, yet he was still got chosen to be on the roster for Melee which was released in November 2001, nearly eight years later. Why? He was far away the most popular choice for a FE character among Japanese Smash Bros. fans.

Isaac still has tremendous popularity to be in Smash Bros. among Western Smash Bros. fans.

Snakey

add to that the fact that hardly any of the characters mentioned so far is female. I think Tetra, Palutena and Dixie have pretty good chances

I think Palutena and Dixie Kong are definitely the most likely female newcomers, and Toon Zelda is definitely a dark horse character to get in.

NeonZ

That's the same reason I don't think characters like Shulk or Isaac have any chance. Xenoblade is a one-off game that doesn't really "deserve" representation any more than, say, Baten Kaitos did.

Well, there's "X" though. X is the reason I think Shulk has a chance of appearing in the next Smash. It's not getting ignored, unlike Xenoblade was. So, they might want to push him forward due to X likely being connected to Xenoblade, even if Shulk himself doesn't appear there.

Of course, we don't know much about X, so I might be mistaken, but right now I think it makes sense.

Marth was not in a FE game since January 1994, yet he was still got chosen to be on the roster for Melee which was released in November 2001, nearly eight years later. Why? He was far away the most popular choice for a FE character among Japanese Smash Bros. fans.

Fire Emblem itself was still alive in Japan though. Isaac likely won't be in due to Golden Sun pretty much dying with the DS game.

Neiteio

Toon Zelda was actually in development for Brawl. Might as well finish her with new concepts such as her spirit possession/suit of armor from Spirit Tracks. A Tetra transformation would make her symmetrical with adult Zelda's ability to transform, and would serve as a plug for the WiiU remake of The Wind Waker.

Also, Speedwagon, cutting Ice Climbers is such nonsense. They are a "Retro Nintendo" rep, like Mr. Game & Watch and ROB. They pay tribute to Nintendo's history, which is half the point of Smash Bros. And again, they had to have been one of the most involving characters to develop, featuring AI-tracking and the two-then-one character dynamic. Last but not least, they've been in TWO Smash titles, and add tremendous variety -- and Sakurai is all for variety of gameplay. Ice Climbers are NOT being cut.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Well, there's "X" though. X is the reason I think Shulk has a chance of appearing in the next Smash. It's not getting ignored, unlike Xenoblade was. So, they might want to push him forward due to X likely being connected to it.

Of course, we don't know much about X, so I might be mistaken, but right now I think it makes sense.

IIRC there was confirmation that X will not be related despite the Shulk-looking character in the trailer. I'd have to double check on that though.

That's the same reason I don't think characters like Shulk or Isaac have any chance. Xenoblade is a one-off game that doesn't really "deserve" representation any more than, say, Baten Kaitos did. I'm not even sure those games were mentioned in Brawl. And Isaac hasn't been the star of a game in a decade, and the most recent Golden Sun apparently bombed horribly so the series seems to be dead.

Isaac was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, and it got an awesome remixed song. So Golden Sun definitely got some representation in Brawl. And the thing about both Shulk and Isaac is that they wouldn't be replacing an iconic character like Lucina would with Marth. They'd be representing secondary Nintendo franchises that happen to be incredibly popular. So they're more than qualified to be a part of the next Smash game, especially considering that characters you might consider "true" Nintendo all-stars have pretty much all been put into Smash already. That does make them have less of a chance, but it definitely doesn't give them no chance.

Tell that to Mewtwo dude.

Although Mewtwo was/is popular, he was planned to be in Brawl but got cut due to time constraints, and isn't the face of the franchise. It's not like Lucario replaced Pikachu or anything.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Isaac was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, and it got an awesome remixed song. So Golden Sun definitely got some representation in Brawl. And the thing about both Shulk and Isaac is that they wouldn't be replacing an iconic character like Lucina would with Marth. They'd be representing secondary Nintendo franchises that happen to be incredibly popular. So they're more than qualified to be a part of the next Smash game, especially considering that characters you might consider "true" Nintendo all-stars have pretty much all been put into Smash already. That does make them have less of a chance, but it definitely doesn't give them no chance.

Meant the two Baten Kaitos games by no mention, not that series + Golden Sun. Still, Golden Sun appears to be more or less dead and I don't think Isaac has the draw, influence, or age to be a "revived" character like Ice Climbers or Pit. Just in terms of priority for roster space, it seems like he would be relatively low.

Clov

Why not have Chrom AND Lucina, AND keep Marth? Just give Lucina her own unique moveset. Don't say they can't, they made Captain Falcon's moves from NOTHING. Ike on the other hand I'd be okay with replacing with Chrom.

As for Shulk, I say why not? Xenoblade was a great game, and it's even getting a sequel (or at least a spiritual sequel), so I think he has a fair chance. I'd really like to see him in myself.

Also, Mewtwo is absolutely coming back. At least he better, with that new form of his.

Snakey

Meant the two Baten Kaitos games by no mention, not that series + Golden Sun. Still, Golden Sun appears to be more or less dead and I don't think Isaac has the draw, influence, or age to be a "revived" character like Ice Climbers or Pit. Just in terms of priority for roster space, it seems like he would be relatively low.

Baten Kaitos is a series owned by Namco, so of course it received no content in Brawl.

Also, Isaac is among the most wanted characters for Smash 4, and his series had a new game released for it less than three years ago. That should count for something. Also, after Camelot is done with Mario Gold for the 3DS, there is a good chance they could revisit Golden Sun for the 3DS, as I don't think they are big enough nowadays to handle a HD game.

There was a user named Shorts who passed along a character poll for Smash 4 among the various Smash Bros. communities on the internet (SmashBoards, GameFAQs, NeoGAF, Reddit, 4chan, Neoseeker, Tumblr, and various other places), and here are the most recent results he posted for it:

Around 1,700 votes
1. Mega Man [Capcom] 930
2. Mewtwo [Pokemon] 811
3. Ridley [ Metroid] 624
4. Little Mac [Punch Out] 601
5. King K. Rool [Donkey Kong] 596
6. Waluigi [Super Mario] 501
7. Isaac [Golden Sun] 492
8. Roy [Fire Emblem] 444
9. Bowser Junior [Super Mario] 440
10. Ghirahim [Legend Of Zelda] 427
11. Palutena [Kid Icarus] 426
12. Chrom [Fire Emblem] 390
13. Shulk [Xenoblade] 374
14. Pac - Man [Namco] 355
15. Krystal [StarFox] 347
16. Zoroark [Pokemon] 337
17. Geno [Square Enix] 317
18. Toad [Super Mario] 278
19. Takamaru [Murasame Castle] 242
20. Dixie Kong [Donkey Kong] 236
21. Samurai Goroh [F-Zero] 213
22. Saki [Sin & Punishment] 210
23. Bandana Dee [Kirby] 177
24. Black Shadow [F-Zero] 171

Fun thread!

Guys and gals, I'd love for Megaman to be in the game but Capcom can't even get a handle on putting him in a new game of his own. :I

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Baten Kaitos is a series owned by Namco, so of course it received no content in Brawl.

Also, Isaac is among the most wanted characters for Smash 4, and his series had a new game released for it less than three years ago. That should count for something. Also, after Camelot is done with Mario Gold for the 3DS, there is a good chance they could revisit Golden Sun for the 3DS, as I don't think they are big enough nowadays to handle a HD game.

Huh, apparently it is. Looks like Nintendo funded the sequel though, which is probably where I got the idea that it was Nintendo/Monolith Soft's series.

And if Dark Dawn's sales were as bad as I recall, I doubt Nintendo is going to have Camelot make another Golden Sun game. IIRC it did really badly.

And Geno? That never made any sense for Brawl and it doesn't make sense now.

zroid

Banned
Guys and gals, I'd love for Megaman to be in the game but Capcom can't even get a handle on putting him in a new game of his own. :I

Wouldn't be a bad way to revive the character though, which is something they've supposedly been trying to do for years, but can't figure it out. Put him in a game guaranteed to sell millions without even needing to do any of the work, while making fans happy!

Then again, it's Capcom. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Snakey

And if Dark Dawn's sales were as bad as I recall, I doubt Nintendo is going to have Camelot make another Golden Sun game. IIRC it did really badly.

I do admit Dark Dawn had pretty poor sales, however, both GBA titles sold over a million copies worldwide. Heck, GS1 sold over a million copies just from North America and Japan alone.

Dark Dawn was released too late in the DS's life. It also left on a cliffhanger. I think Camelot will test the waters to see if there is still interest in the series based on how the GBA Golden Sun games sell on the Wii U's Virtual Console. This is partially how Sin & Punishment 2 got greenlighted.

Characters (56 I think)
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Bowser
  4. Bowser Jr.
  5. Peach
  6. Yoshi
  7. Wario
  8. Waluigi
  9. Rosalina
  10. Donkey Kong
  11. Diddy Kong
  12. Dixie Kong
  13. Link
  14. Toon Link
  15. Zelda
  16. Tingle
  17. Ganondorf
  18. Pikachu
  19. MewTwo
  20. MewThree
  21. Jigglypuff
  22. Samus
  23. Zero Suit Samus (transformation)
  24. Ridley
  25. Kirby
  26. Meta Knight
  27. King Dedede
  28. Pit
  29. Pauletina
  30. Olimar
  31. Marth
  32. Sumia
  33. Ike
  34. Chrom
  35. Fox
  36. Wolf
  37. Falco
  38. Krystal
  39. Ice Climbers
  40. Captain Falcon
  41. Black Shadow
  42. Ness
  43. Lucas
  44. Paula
  45. Mr. Game & Watch
  46. R.O.B.
  47. Tom Nook
  48. Little Mac
  49. Isaac
  50. Isa Jo and Kachi
  51. Sonic
  52. Snake
  53. Megaman
  54. Pac-man
  55. Mii

Assist Trophies
  • Lumas
  • Kid Icarus Eye things
  • Luigi's Mansion Ghosts
  • Toad
  • 9-volt
  • King Hippo
  • Mega Yin-Yarn
  • Grub-Dog
  • Monita
  • Medusa

Poké Balls
  • Yveltal
  • Xerneas
  • Sylveon
  • Wobbeffet
  • Deoxys
  • Reuniclus
  • Snivy
  • Ludicolo

Stages
  • Starship Mario
  • Sunset Shore
  • Skyloft
  • New Pokemon Stadium
  • Stage from Kirby's Epic Yarn
  • New Yard Setting from Pikmin
  • Pac-Man level
  • Pit Sky level

Items
  • Poltergust 5000
  • Pac-Man's dot that turns ghost blue
  • DK Bongo's
  • Pilotwings Jetpack
  • Boxing Gloves

MAtgS

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Yoshi
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Wario
8. Bowser
9. Toad
10. Waluigi
11. Link
12. Zelda/Shiek
13. Ganondorf
14. Ghirahim
15. Samus
16. Ridley
17. Adam Malkovich
18. Pikachu
19. Poke'mon Trainer Charizard/Squirtle/Ivysaur
20. New Mewtwo form
21. Zoroark
22. Pit
23. Palutena
24. Fox
25. Wolf
26. Krystal
27. Kirby
28. Dedede
29. Metaknight
30. Ness
31. Lucas
32. Marth
33. Robin (male)
34. Captain Falcon
35. Ice Climbers
36. ROB
37. Mr. Game & Watch
38. Issac
39. Little Mac
40. Shulk
41. Olimar
42. Sonic
43. Mega Man
44. Pac-Man
45. Mii
Total: 48

Assists
1. Dillon
2. Takamaru
3. Excite Biker
4. Samurai Goroh
5. Proto Man
6. Shadow the Hedgehog
7. Blinky, Inky, Pinky & Clyde together
8. Lakitu
9. Metroid
10. Eggplant Wizard

Poke'Balls
1. Xerneas
2. Yveltal
3. Emolga
4. Swadloon
5. Stunfisk
6. Thundurus
7. Metagross
8. Kyorge
9. Unown
10. Jigglypuff

Items
1. Super Mushroom
2. Heart Container
3. Home-Run Bat
4. Fire Flower
5. Metal Box

I didn't see any rules stating to only name new items etc. so why risk it?

Oh yeah, that's true. But Pac-Man? In a 2D fighting game? What would his moves even be? It sounds incredibly unlikely to me. Maybe as a retro assist trophy.
So myopic and incredibly hilarious considering smash bros' unconventional roster: game and watch, captain falcon, ice climbers, fox, jiggly puff, and Rob all come from unusual backgrounds and that's not even delving into the other roster oddities in more traditional fighting games like tekken, street fighter, doa and soul caliber.

The one thing that peeves me the most about Nintendo fans and especially Smash Bros fans (a vocal minority perhaps) is they dichotomously lack imagination compared to the entity they adore (and perhaps this is why they gravitate towards Nintendo) but they impressively emulate Nintendo's ability to value tradition for traditions sake and lack of foresight. A strange duplicitous dance of contradiction and symmetry.

Of course this is in response to people saying a character is too abnormal to cohesively augment Smash Bros --which is just plain false. If tekken can have bears and dinosaurs, then a game whose sole purpose is the amalgamation of various brands, identities, and genres into one game can certainly do it as well and certainly without people blindly saying "X character's identity or "playstyle" just wouldn't work."

Really I find people with this attitude to be the most unimaginative gamers I've ever come across and they always assert because they can't think of anything to properly assist the character in joining the game, that no one could. This could also stem from them wanting the game to remain "pure" (whatever that means) or even fear that their choice of character may be overshadowed by a less honorable one.

I love Smash Bros roster predictions, but I loathe them for the reasons above and below; Everyone always argues about why a character wouldn't work - which always seems to be an exercise in perpetual dogmatism. With that said, bring on more 3rd parties!

Fandangox

Characters: 43 counting PKMN Trainer as a single entry. 45 counting PKMN Trainer as 3 characters
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Wario
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon X Y Rep Newcomer
Mewtwo Back from Melee, possible new moveset
Fox
Falco
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh Newcomer
Ness
Lucas
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley Newcomer
Link
Ganondorf
Zelda
Sheik
Sonic The Hedgehog
Ice Climbers
Mr Game & Watch
R.O.B
Kirby
Metaknight
King DeDeDe
Captain Olimar
Marth
Chrom Newcomer
Shulk Newcomer
Takamaru Newcomer

Pit
Palutena Newcomer
Little Mac Newcomer
Namco Rep
W101 Rep Newcomer (Most likely lead superhero, man in red. Other characters join as attacks/specials)

10 Assist Trophies:
Zael
Fire Emblem Awakening Character (most likely Chrom's sister or Marth)
Pico (F-Zero)
WoW1 Characters
Pikmin Monster (Most likely a Bulborb)
WarioWare character (Ashley/DJ seem likely)
Space Pirate
Wind Waker Wind God
Dingo
Denpa Men

10 Pokeballs:
Arceus
Genesect
Zoroark
Yveltal
Xerneas
Sylveon
Another Pokemon X Y rep
Bouffalant
Scrafty
Victini

8 Stages:
Fire Field
Fire Emblem Awakening Stage
Underworld (Kid Icarus)
Pokemon X Y Stage (Most likely french Europe-inspired)
Namco Stage
W101 Stage (Most likely initial city seen in demo)
Murasame Castle (Takamaru's Stage)
Bionis' Leg (Xenoblade)

5 Items:
Fire Emblem Item
Shurikens (Takamaru's Ninja Castle)
Item From Namco's Rep
Cannon (Kid Icarus)
Jet Pack (Starfox Assault)

Not final but it still took awhile.

48 characters overall.

Mario

1.) Mario
2.) Luigi
3.) Peach
4.) Bowser
5.) Bowser Jr.

Legend of Zelda

6.) Link
7.) Zelda/Shiek (Transform)
8.) Ganondorf
9.) Toon Link

Metroid

10.) Samus/Zero Suit Samus (Transform)
11.) Ridley

Donkey Kong

12.) DK
13.) Diddy Kong

Star Fox

14.) Fox
15.) Falco
16.) Wolf

Fire Emblem

17.) Marth
18.) Ike
19.) Grima

Pokemon

20.) Pikachu
21.) Jigglypuff
22.) Lucario
23.) Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
24.) Mewtwo/New form in X/Y (Transform)

Kirby

25.) Kirby
26.) King Dedede
27.) MetaKnight

Earthbound

28.) Ness
29.) Lucas

Wario

30.) Wario
31.) Ashley

Yoshi

32.) Yoshi

Pikmin

33.) Captain Olimar

F-Zero

34.) Captain Falcon
35.) Black Shadow

Kid Icarus

36.) Pit
37.) Medusa

Retro

38.) Mr. Game & Watch
39.) ROB
40.) Ice Climbers
41.) Takamura

Xenoblade

42.) Shulk

Golden Sun

43.) Isaac

Punch Out!

44.) Little Mac

Third party

45.) Snake
46.) Sonic
47.) Megaman
48.) Pacman

Assist Trophy

1.) Fawful (Mario & Lugi)
2.) Isa Jo (Sin and Punshiment 2)
3.) Captain Rainbow (Captain Rainbow)
4.) Duck Hunt Dog (Duck Hunt)
5.) Dillon (Dillon Rolling Western)
6.) Mallo (Pushmo)
7.) Elza (The Last Story)
8.) Tharja (Fire Emblem Awakening)
9.) Tempo (Harmo Knight)
10.) Reyn (Xenoblade)

Pokeball

1.) Yveltal
2.) Xerneas
3.) Victini
4.) Scrafty
5.) Zoaroark
6.) Meloetta
7.) Zekrom
8.) Kyurem
9.) Sylveon
10.) Genesect

Stages

1.) Skyloft (Skyward Sword)
2.) Yarn Yoshi
3.) Pushmo
4.) Guar Plains (Xenoblade)
5.) X/Y Pokemon stage
6.) Bowser's Castle
7.) Underworld (Kid Icarus)
8.) Nintendo land

Items

1.) Super Leaf (Mario)
2.) Oraclos Chain (Pandora’s Tower)
3.) Poltergust (Luigi)
4.) Throwing Star (Takamura)
5.) Krystal’s Staff (Star Fox)

Does anyone else think Bowser Jr would be an obvious choice? He's been the sole villain plenty of times.

Can't believe so many lists disregard him.

Gartooth

Sounds fun! Curious to see how big the reveal for the game will be come E3.

Characters

Total amount is 48 not counting forms. (53 if you count Sheik, ZSS, Mewtwo's alternate, and each of PT's Pokemon as separate characters)

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Toad (newcomer)
  6. Yoshi
  7. Wario
  8. Donkey Kong
  9. Diddy Kong
  10. King K. Rool (newcomer)
  11. Link
  12. Zelda / Shiek (transformation)
  13. Ganondorf
  14. Toon Link
  15. Ghirahim (newcomer)
  16. Samus / Zero Suit Samus (transformation)
  17. Ridley (newcomer)
  18. Kirby
  19. Meta Knight
  20. King Dedede
  21. Fox
  22. Falco
  23. Wolf
  24. Ice Climbers
  25. Captain Falcon
  26. Captain Olimar
  27. Pit
  28. Palutena (newcomer)
  29. Magnus (newcomer)
  30. Little Mac (newcomer)
  31. Pikachu
  32. Jigglypuff
  33. Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
  34. Lucario
  35. Mewtwo / Mewtwo's new form (transformation, newcomer on 2nd form)
  36. Ness
  37. Lucas
  38. Marth
  39. Ike
  40. Chrom (newcomer)
  41. Isaac (newcomer)
  42. Takamaru (newcomer)
  43. Mr. Game & Watch
  44. R.O.B.
  45. Snake
  46. Sonic
  47. Pac-Man (newcomer)
  48. Mega Man (newcomer)

Assist Trophies

1. Bowser Jr.
2. Dixie Kong
3. Monita
4. Ms. Pac-Man
5. Proto Man
6. Medusa
7. Dillon
8. Tempo
9. Polterpup
10. Lucina

PokeBall Pokemon

1. Zoroark
2. Genesect
3. Kyurem
4. Excadrill
5. Darmanitan
6. Axew
7. Hydreigon
8. Serperior
9. Xerneas
10. Yveltal

Stages

1. Comet Observatory (Super Mario Galaxy)
2. The Underworld (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
3. Pokemon World Tournament (Pokemon Black 2 & White 2)
4. Dr. Wily's Castle (Mega Man)
5. Pac-Man's Maze (Pac-Man)
6. Nintendoland Plaza (Nintendoland)
7. Skyloft (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
8. Bowser's Castle (Super Mario Bros.)

Items

1. Super Leaf / Raccoon Suit (Super Mario Bros. 3)
2. Squawks (Donkey Kong Country)
3. Cherubot (Kid Icarus Uprising)
4. Dice Block (Mario Party)
5. Gust Bellow (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)

BD1

Banned
Veterans
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Bowser
  4. Peach
  5. Yoshi
  6. Wario
  7. Donkey Kong
  8. Diddy Kong
  9. Link
  10. Young Link (A Link to the Past 2 3DS version)
  11. Zelda/Shiek
  12. Gannondorf
  13. Kirby
  14. King DeDeDe
  15. MetaKnight
  16. Samus
  17. Pokemon Trainer (Red & Blue Starters)
  18. Pikachu
  19. Jigglypuff
  20. Captain Olimar
  21. Pit
  22. Mr. Game & Watch
  23. Ice Climbers
  24. Fox
  25. Falco
  26. Marth
  27. Ness
  28. Captain Falcon
  29. R.O.B.
  30. Sonic

Newcomers
  1. Bowser Jr
  2. Impa
  3. Ridley
  4. Pokemon Trainer (X & Y Starters)
  5. MewTwo (X & Y Version)
  6. Captain Charlie, Alph & Brittany (Combo like IceClimbers)
  7. Palutena
  8. Chrome
  9. Pokey
  10. Issac
  11. Shulk
  12. King Hippo
  13. Takamura
  14. PacMan
  15. Main Character of Retro's soon-to-be-announced New IP

These lists are about who people THINK will be in the game, not who they WANT to be in it.

Ah, but you are forgetting that Nintendo loves surprises. Brawl introduced the 3rd party into the series (even if they were planned for melee) and two of them to boot! Sonic (which was certainly WANTED but most assuredly not thought as a practical choice) and Snake (who I'm sure almost no one expected).

If Nintendo is smart, and that's a big if, then they will want to capture that lightning again by adding some very interesting and unexpected characters to the roster. Most of these lists are pretty safe. I highly doubt Nintendo will be that safe. My guess is they will introduce 2-3 characters that will completely surprise everyone and most certainly be on a fantasy list, rather than a more practical list.

SmithnCo

Does anyone else think Bowser Jr would be an obvious choice? He's been the sole villain plenty of times.

Can't believe so many lists disregard him.

He has a decent shot I think. Though I picked Paper Mario as a bit of a wish, because I think the series could use more representation. I'd take Mario & Luigi stuff too though.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
The one thing that peeves me the most about Nintendo fans and especially Smash Bros fans (a vocal minority perhaps) is they dichotomously lack imagination compared to the entity they adore (and perhaps this is why they gravitate towards Nintendo) but they impressively emulate Nintendo's ability to value tradition for traditions sake and lack of foresight. A strange duplicitous dance of contradiction and symmetry.

Why do you foment the idea that a single group's actions can account for that of the whole fandom?

You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Please enlighten me.

Please enlighten me.
Sure.

How can you possibly consider the Ice Climbers to be filler if they have arguably the most unique moveset in the entire game? They were included for a reason, and that was to capitalize on nostalgia and hearken back to the NES era. I don't know which Smash players you've been talking to, but I don't know a single person who "hates" the Ice Cimbers. Whether you like them or not, they're here to stay.

Why do you foment the idea that a single group's actions can account for that of the whole fandom?

Which is why I said a vocal minorit. This is based off anecdotal evidence of course - from across different forums on the internet including the infamous Smash Boards. There seems to always be a good amount of individuals who follow this behavior. I'm lamenting in vain perhaps, but I thought it needed to be said, if only for the person I quoted. I would also argue it needs to be said in EVERY smash bros thread involving rosters and roster predictions.

I dont have time to make a list right now, but let me add, all the people that added to their lists Ridley and Little Mac are good people.
Nothing more to say.

Neiteio

I know Sakurai ruled out Ridley in previous installments and was quoted as saying Ridley would be hard to downscale, but man, I hope he reconsiders that stance, because Ridley is one of the coolest Nintendo characters and the only Metroid character worth adding to the roster, being Samus' arch-nemesis and all. Not to mention, another flight-enabled character would be so cool.

LOCK

This is probably the one game I hope they go crazy with new character DLC after the game is released.

But I still want that 50 character initial roster that some of you guys have nicely posted in here.

Violet_0

Banned
they can't leave Ridley out, not again. Use the fantastic Super Metroid version of him (from the artwork)
256px-Ridley_-_Super_Metroid.png

scale him down to Bowser size, who's already massive in Brawl, and you're all set

Snakey

Which is why I said a vocal minorit. This is based off anecdotal evidence of course - from across different forums on the internet including the infamous Smash Boards. There seems to always be a good amount of individuals who follow this behavior. I'm lamenting in vain perhaps, but I thought it needed to be said, if only for the person I quoted. I would also argue it needs to be said in EVERY smash bros thread involving rosters and roster predictions.

I know that. Heck, at the beginning of this thread I was saying people who were solely putting Chrom on their rosters due to him being the "most recent lord" have a good chance of being burnt. I said plenty of times before there will 1-3 curveball characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom