• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Spielberg to work on Halo TV series

So yeah. That just happened. With Spielberg.

Questions are:
1. When will the series take place?
2. When does the show start? Later this year? Next year?

Kipe

Wow the actual Steven Spielberg instead of his non-union Mexican equivalent Senor Spielbergo. Microsoft is really spreading its cash around.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
If it's as good as Forward Unto Dawn, I'll buy it on Blu-ray (recut version was nice). Done with the game series, but it's still fun military sci fi.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
This was the only real WTF?(in a bad way) moment of the conference imo. Why not a spielberg's halo game?
Well i guess that this move will get more people to halo hence to xb1.

ciridesu

Just one of those 'producers' i.e. doesn't mean a shit and series will probably be shit. Unless they really want to make big and good (but that would cost a LOT) will see though

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone actually believe Spielberg cares about a) a TV series b) exclusive to a video game console c) based on Halo?

Come on now.

Trey

Just one of those 'producers' i.e. doesn't mean a shit and series will probably be shit. Unless they really want to make big and good (but that would cost a LOT) will see though

Given MS' history with bringing the franchise to other media, they will not skimp. If Forward Unto Dawn is any indication of the quality, the TV show will be okay.

Does anyone actually believe Spielberg cares about a) a TV series b) exclusive to a video game console c) based on Halo?

Come on now.

Of course not. But he is a name, it gives the series extra weight and creates a buzz - and Spielberg gets paid.

Don't let MS deceive you with their PR bullshit, guys. Spielberg will have as little to do with this as you can imagine. They basically paid him to record a 3 minute message.

Neill Blomkamp would have been a much better choice.
District 9, hell Elysium's trailer proves he deserved to direct the film.

Now along comes Spielberg, who is clearly not suited to any sort of involvement with Halo, to mess things up like he did Indiana Jones. Grrrrrrreat.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Only thing that caught my attention out of this whole terrible conference. I dunno though.... Is anyone worried this is going to be some pretty low budget stuff here? That and Spielberg hasn't done anything decent with sci-fi in ages.

remember that time halo was an anime

Halo%20Legends%201.jpg

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
How the fuck is this even gonna work. Tv doesn't have the budget to do it justice.
And that's what I'm worried about. Sure, Forward Unto Dawn was good as a one shot made for TV movie prequel, but I don't see an entire series with something as epic and huge as Halo.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
the most "mainstream" announcement today(NFL thing might be bigger though)

but Steven has been in a giant rut for a while now. His projects have been bad/mediocre lately

antonz

So Steven might direct one episode if lucky then attach his name to the series like all the other Steven Spielberg tv efforts.

I don't even understand the logic. This is supposed to make me buy a console? That only works if it's exclusive to the console for a very long time - which might work for games but it totally doesn't makes sense for a TV show. Exclusive games can be somewhat justified because they are written for the system. A TV show is a TV show, and only artificially exclusive because they say so. And exclusive Xbox One game isn't going to work on my PS4. A TV show would.

Top Bottom