• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Spielberg to work on Halo TV series

fleck0

Spielberg's TV efforts are so half-assed.

hPPQJ7Z.jpg

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
So... Falling Skies, or Defiance?

... all the money and genius in Hollywood couldn't make Halo a movie.
So now we're excited about a hand-me-down TV show that has been beaten to the punch already?

Should be fun to see develop!

Clevinger

I'm sure he'll put the same effort in this as he put into Falling Skies and Smash and Terra Nova.

"Sure, you can put my name in the credits. Give me my check."

jtb

Banned
He's an exec producer. That speaks for itself, really.

and that Peter Jackson game worked out great, right????

TUROK

It better be a miniseries in the vein of Band of Brothers. I don't want some Falling Skies or Terra Nova crap.

Would be hilarious if you have to buy a XBO to watch it.
According to Joystiq, it will be shown exclusively on the console.

jtb

Banned
Are people really surprised by the fact that it's likely XBO exclusive? Why the fuck else would they make it?

see: House of Cards. Arrested Development.

Spielberg's name being attached to something doesn't mean much anymore.

Hope it turns out good, though, it would be good for the industry to have a game-to-TV/movie adaptation that isn't total shit. Going to wait to see who else is involved before having any expectations, though.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry to say but creatively speaking, Spielberg is past his prime. This isn't an actual win for gamers interested in the Halo universe, only for the Microsoft marketing team that can now name drop. As someone who really enjoyed his early work, all of his recent output has been pablum at best.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I really enjoyed FUD so I'm definitely looking forward to this even though it's not what I wanted announced today (Halo 2 anniversary PLEASE!)

This is literally the only thing they showed that excited me; I'm holding out hope that this series will be good.

It would be a shame if it was exclusive to the Xbox system though; I'd hope they would at least have a blu ray release.

GodofWine

This thread might actually be better in the OT..since its not about a game :)

Microsoft is not only trying to own the house, they are trying to own all of gaf!! Egads!!!

Katzenberg and J.J. were in the video with Spielberg. Would be cool if they're also working on content for Xbox TV shows.

Is MS becoming a competitor to Netflix, Amazon, HBO video services?

Top Bottom