• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson: "We Are Listening!"

Updates.

untitledytupg.png

No answers today.

Dun, dun, dun...

RDJkWli.png

Not a major criticism or anything, but given that this tweet is a reply, the OP should probably link to it or at least provide the full context.

Let's say they back pedal on some of the issues we have.
What's to stop them from flip-flopping a year later with a firmware update?

hawk2025

"Rounding up answers" is not the phrase I would have used to make it sound like my company has their shit together, but great to hear!

Rodimus

Banned
Honestly, what can they do?

If the system does require every game to be installed on the HDD in order to do that fast switching between The Price is Right and your game; not using some kind of CD-Key authentication will lead to rampant cases of people just lending a game to someone else or buying and then returning the disc while keeping it on their HDD.

They could make it so that you must install the game, but it requires the disc to boot (like PC games did before Steam).

Psi

Once he's done rounding up all of the official FAQ answers he'll copy and paste them in a response.

Honestly, what can they do?

If the system does require every game to be installed on the HDD in order to do that fast switching between The Price is Right and your game; not using some kind of CD-Key authentication will lead to rampant cases of people just lending a game to someone else or buying and then returning the disc while keeping it on their HDD.

They could make it so that you must install the game, but it requires the disc to boot (like PC games did before Steam).

Let you deactivate keys.

LMFAO!

Rounding up answers?

As in trying to gather some kind of tangible response from all the evasive, embiguous and outright contradictory statements M$ keeps making?

Good luck with that!

Yeah they are listening, too bad they ain't actually hearing anything.

I'll keep saying this. Execs and spokespeople saying "we are listening" need to actually do the actions they are listening to. Doing it anyways after saying that is just setting up expectations.

Marleyman

Banned
"Rounding up answers" is not the phrase I would have used to make it sound like my company has their shit together, but great to hear!

I hear ya but it is something. I would love to hear something from Sony and MS so this back and forth nonsense could stop and games could be the focus.

Top Bottom