• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/16 - 4/22

Link

The Autumn Wind
Dragona Akehi said:
Sigh.

And I thought that fanfiction popping up in the MC threads was bad.

Clearly, things have progressed far rapidly than even I foresaw.

I shall have to begin the operation, it appears.
Godspeed.

PantherLotus said:
Dragona, should I stop?
Lord, yes. This is a slippery slope that we really don't need to go down.

mj1108

Joe Molotov said:
We should start a new weekly Media Create Meta-Thread with these number. :lol Total posts would be like our hardware numbers, and a list of posters with the most posts in each thread would like our software.

Someone get Josh on this, STAT! :lol :lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
StevieP said:
I wonder if "Project O" will be a point-and-click... that would be nice, considering how much I loved Hotel Dusk.

There are a couple, though, that are in development - they just escape me. I know the new Sam and Max will probably find a home on the Wii eventually.
They've already said multiple times it'll be like Sim Earth.

StevieP

Banned
jj984jj said:

Haven't been paying much attention. Damnit, Cing, you know how to do old-school point-and-clicks... make one for the Wii!

Hell, I'd be happy if LucasArts woke up and ported SCUMM to the Wii. Or Sierra released some of its Quest episodes on the Wii channel. But then, those companies don't like free monies.

justchris

Dragona Akehi said:
Sigh.

And I thought that fanfiction popping up in the MC threads was bad.

Clearly, things have progressed far rapidly than even I foresaw.

I shall have to begin the operation, it appears.

Are you trying to say it'd be okay in it's own thread, or should we just bailout?

StevieP

Banned
justchris said:
Are you trying to say it'd be okay in it's own thread, or should we just bailout?

bail-out-150.jpg

cvxfreak

mj1108 said:
Someone get Josh on this, STAT! :lol :lol

Don't forget Deku's trend listing. Version 3.0 is due sometime soon.

apujanata said:
GBA LTD, M-create, up to April 16-22, 2007 :
GB Micro 586,649
GBA SP 5,940,735
GameBoy Advance 8,542,613

It's been awhile since we've seen their individual LTDs. Thanks apujanata.

I wonder if GBASP can juuuuust make it to 6 Million. Probably not.

ethelred

Segata Sanshiro said:
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGDGDSKKKKKKK

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You're right! I have a feeling! Blu-ray! Done their job!

YOUR LAST SENTENCE IS A FRAGMENT. CONSIDER REVISING.

I had a good feeling.

speculawyer said:
Top 50 titles and NONE for PS3 or xbox 360? Wow. Next-gen am cry.

I wonder what the sales expectations (by publisher) are for the current crop of Next gen games available? You'd think the trend over the last several weeks would give some kind of point of reference as to what publishers should anticipate upon releasing a game. I wonder if with the new data collected what they anticipate from the market.

Should they ignore it and do business like usual, just expecting things to pickp. Should they delay software until a market gets larger, subsisting off smaller, cheaper games until they can reveal their big guns. Should they adapt to what the current market trends are, and shift strategies into newer more unfamiliar directions?

ethelred

jj984jj said:

They've said Project O will be like a lot of things, and Sim Earth is just one of them. If you're going to try to talk about games you don't have any interest in, at least don't be misleading.

After reading about Project O it reminds me by its description abit of a flash game called "Grow RPG."

Cant wait to get some more concrete details. Hopefully the game is beyond the planning stages.

Tyrannical said:
Outside some first party titles, JP Wii software sales haven't been great. I don't see the PS2 loosing support anytime soon. Which also doesn't bode well for the PS3.
Depends on what you expected the third party games to sell on the first hand.

DBZ sold quite well I thought with roughly 130.000, bearing in mind that it had seen a release on PS2 before.

Naruto sold roughly 85.000 while the PS2 game sold 100.000. Putting these numbers into perspective is not too bad either.

Now if you compare this to nintendo software it may not look too great. But otoh after seeing the Nintendogs numbers (13 million ww are you f*ing shitting me?) it's hard to imagine third parties putting up the same success stories in the forseeable future and even more so on Wii with a userbase that is far, far lower. I think most people just have been spoiled by the insane numbers DS software is pulling.

Ynos Yrros said:
They will be enough to make PS3 buy worthy, and they will certainly boost PS3 sales to over 30k in the weeks they launch.

How do you know that? PS3 launched 5 months ago, and it still didn't get any real system seller, and there's almost no new software released since many weeks. Last game was Konami's Baseball (bad, bad game), and this week Tokyo Racer. Last real game launched for PS3 was Gundam Mosou. It did boost PS3 sales to 40k from what I remember.

The system has no definition in my opinion. There are no new releases, and SONY doesn't help themselves by releasing gimped versions of their big sellers (MotorStorm, F1). To guess the outcome of PS3's success in Japan, we have to wait until it's situation gets stabilized.

When, like some of people here said, big games like Mina No Gold, NGS, MGS4, DMC 4, RE5, FFXIII won't boost PS3 sales to 20-30k a week, then we can say that it's too late for SONY in Japan.

VF5 was never a great selling game. Gundam did sell alot considering the size of user base, and it did bump PS3 sales. I'm not saying that after launch of 1 of the games mentioned by me, will suddenly make PS3 sales sky rocket, I'm saying that it will bump PS3 sales, and once good software starts streaming in, PS3 sales will go higher than they are now.
Talk about lowered expectations. But you do mention something interesting, that the PS3 has no definition. And this is something I can agree on, 360 is all about Live, Wii all about the controler, PS3 lacks a clear definition. Sure for Sony it's all about BR but it's safe to say that at this point that the consumers don't care all that much about BR.

mabuza said:
not surprised bba bombed spectacularly. its the kind of game you play on the handheld. one piece bombed too i see
30.000 first day are a bomba now? Really interested to see how BBA will be doing over the week. Too bad we don't get any data next week. I guess it'll hover around 50-60.000 for the week, which would be OK I guess.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ethelred said:
They've said Project O will be like a lot of things, and Sim Earth is just one of them. If you're going to try to talk about games you don't have any interest in, at least don't be misleading.
How the **** is that misleading him or let you know I have no ****ing interest in the game? WTF is up with board lately? It's not like I said it'll be Sim Earth or a carbon copy of Sim Earth, I just said it will be like Sim Earth which means it will at least share some likeness with the game. It was just one example of what the game will be like, there could be other better and closer examples and if you wanted to expand on that or go into detail you could've done that but instead you choose to be such an ass and tell me I'd ****ing misleading him. Yet you in that very post they said it will be like Sim Earth, it's not like you denied it. It can be like a bunch of other things as well and if he wishes to know more he can look more into it now having an idea what to expect. I know they said it'll be like a bunch of other games I haven't played as well (or maybe I'm not remembering them all outside of the Japanese games I know I didn't play), but I did not mislead him with what I said since the whole ****ing point of telling him anything was to let him know that the game will be nothing like Hotel Dusk and used Sim Earth as an example to let him know what it'll have similarities too. There is no need to be so ****ing on a message board on the internet, it's not like I'm submitting this for the ****ing royal assembly. I'm just trying to help the man out, if you thought it wasn't enough you could've just gone into more details that you are aware about.

</end internetz serious business rant>

I was just watching that Jaffe special on GameTrailers and it's 4:30 in the morning right now, so I just didn't feel like taking any bullshit. I'm pretty sure my post is coherent enough for you to understand what I said Actually, to sum it up (if you don't want to read my long rant you can just read from here ethelred), you say the game is like Sim Earth and then you tell me I'm misleading the man, yet instead of being an ass you could've just gone into more details that you knew about the game. Yes it was only one example but it was pretty obvious what he thought and I was just trying to tell him it'll be nothing like Hotel Dusk, I think I got that across.

linsivvi

Why are we still referring PS3/360/Wii as next gen? I thought with all consoles launched in all territories, they would be considered the current gen already.

Vitet

linsivvi said:
Why are we still referring PS3/360/Wii as next gen? I thought with all consoles launched in all territories, they would be considered the current gen already.

I think with the current sales of GBA and PS2, we can still make the diference :D

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
PantherLotus said:
..and you KNOW I'm already working on a chart that shows # of posts versus weekly sales...
That's like metacharting, be careful with that stuff, the universe could collapse on you

It's gonna be a long ten days before we get new numbers. sigh.

Are we gonna have two separate threads, one for each day the numbers come in or are we gonna have one big hugeass thread? I prefer one per weekly MC numbers, personally.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Masklinn said:
That's like metacharting, be careful with that stuff, the universe could collapse on you

:lol

My posts chart needs more love.

Good question Chibi--I too would prefer a double thread rather two separate ones. But it's not going to be for a couple weeks anyway.

OK guys, seriously. You're overanalysing MC threads. If it's getting so boring add in some NPD stuff or something.

Every time you see a drop in the threadposting, I bet it's when I banned an idiot. So you can't analyse that. :p

SuomiDude said:
4 next gen home console games there, and 38 next gen handheld games there. Pretty good if you ask me :)
OK, I'll be more specific. Top 50 titles and NONE for PS3 or xbox 360 (and only 4 for the gamecube 1.5)? Wow. Next-gen consoles am cry.:)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Dragona Akehi said:
OK guys, seriously. You're overanalysing MC threads. If it's getting so boring add in some NPD stuff or something.

Every time you see a drop in the threadposting, I bet it's when I banned an idiot. So you can't analyse that. :p

You better watch out they might take that as a challenge

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Dragona Akehi said:

Would it be appropriate for the weekly Media Create thread to talk more worldwide sales discussion? Seems as good a place as any to meet our Sales Age needs...

schuelma said:
Would it be appropriate for the weekly Media Create thread to talk more worldwide sales discussion? Seems as good a place as any to meet our Sales Age needs...

I wouldn't be averse to it... as long as it doesn't get out of hand. I'd rather not commence the Media Destruct operation. :p

schuelma

Dragona Akehi said:
I wouldn't be averse to it... as long as it doesn't get out of hand. I'd rather not commence the Media Destruct operation. :p

Gotcha.

StevieP

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
I mean the alternative is you lot playing games 'till the new numbers. We can't have that can we? >;)

Playing...games? You mean those Trauma Centre-like things in my living room? :lol

schuelma

Dragona Akehi said:
I mean the alternative is you lot playing games 'till the new numbers. We can't have that can we? >;)

No no...definitely not.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I generally object to over-modding that tries to control the direction of thread discussions. My opinion is if somebody isn't being a jerk about shit, they have a right to their opinion, regardless of it's topicality... But hey --- you got the red name and I don't.

At this point Japan is won by Nintendo and Sony has failed. The direction of discussion is going to be "what franchises will Nintendo take from Sony?" and "what caused Sony's failure?"

Expecting any less than that on a week-to-week basis is foolhardy.

schuelma

PantherLotus said:
I generally object to over-modding that tries to control the direction of thread discussions. My opinion is if somebody isn't being a jerk about shit, they have a right to their opinion, regardless of it's topicality... But hey --- you got the red name and I don't.

At this point Japan is won by Nintendo and Sony has failed. The direction of discussion is going to be "what franchises will Nintendo take from Sony?" and "what caused Sony's failure?"

Allowing some overall sales discussion could also be beneficial to the thread; seems like a lot of us are interested in the overall picture as well as Japan.

PantherLotus said:

I just have a feeling you're going to chart yourself into a corner and be unable to get out.

Parl

The video game market's health depends on who's winning the war between GAF and Nintendo.

Gaming-Age turns hardcore gamers into casual gamers.

Sales-Age turns casual gamers into non-gamers.

Nintendo turns non-gamers into new-generation hardcore gamers.

Then Neo Gaming-Age came along with its Black Ocean Strategy.

Top Bottom