• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I'm trying to understand why people are caring so much about this being exclusive, or acting shocked that it isn't.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Maybe some details still need to be worked out, like the potential of a ps3 release?

Do you really think Sony would put so much funding into an Xbox title? Even Verendus confirmed they are financially involved in the game. This was not the case with FFXIII.

Why not? Companies put in lots of effort and money for things like exclusive DLC.

Moxx19

Banned
Oh my fucking god it actually happened. Yes!

Also happy its multiplatform, More players will be able to enjoy this (and KHIII)

Good day to be a SE fan.

Darryl

Banned
i don't know what to think of this game yet. i guess they've done everything i thought they'd do. the gameplay looks so.. weird. the only way i can imagine playing it is with button-mashing. it does look pretty though. i think they've transitioned FF into realism nicely, everything blended together really well and was very consistent. i'd love to see a take with a bit more fantasy in it.

cj_iwakura

This game still looked fantastic when it was a PS3 title, shame we still aren't getting that last send off.

Best part of the trailer:

iEhii7nTF1zcE.gif

nero2082

guys I'm pretty sure I saw mockup gif from someone from GAF with FFVersus logo morphing into FFXV like week ago

craziest deja vu ever

aceface

Exclusive only matters to me in that I want Xbone to fail. Otherwise, who cares, why would I pay $100 more to play it on an inferior system anyways? PS4 purchase for me the day FFXV comes out.

Chake

Banned
The trailer might be for the start of the game. Ya know, to set the mood. Also, you can see him fighting the giant, rolling, and casting spells.

i don't know what to think of this game yet. i guess they've done everything i thought they'd do. the gameplay looks so.. weird. the only way i can imagine playing it is with button-mashing. it does look pretty though. i think they've transitioned FF into realism nicely, everything blended together really well and was very consistent. i'd love to see a take with a bit more fantasy in it.

It's basically just like KH gameplay. It looked weird because they only showed the set-piece style battles that are used for bosses in KH games. You can see normal battles in the older trailer.

Negator

Why would you buy it for the more expensive by $100 platform, as well as having it become worthless when you install it?

Voror

One change we might be able to note is that pretty much everything we saw here took place in the daytime as opposed to the night with all the other trailers.

And yeah, the scripted sections do feel pretty much like the triangle actions from KH2.

Darryl

Banned
They don't port over entire AAA projects in return for some paltry DLC.

i don't think porting is as big of a deal as you're making it out to be. look at all the wii u ports that have flopped or are gonna flop. dlc/content packs are huge nowadays and worth big money for large franchises.

Dragon

Banned
It comes down to this.

If Sony funded this game, it's exclusive.

If they didn't, it's not.

Either way, it won't sell shit on the Xbox in Japan, if it's even sold there at all.

Tizoc

I bet the one under the hood is Lightning.

She must not be forgotten.

Hood person looks too manly, unless they actually made Light age and be look like a 60-80 year old =V
Had I known any better, it looked like someone photoshopped Al Taier from A. Creed in there lol.

Hood person looks too manly, unless they actually made Light age and be look like a 60-80 year old =V
Had I known any better, it looked like someone photoshopped Al Taier from A. Creed in there lol.

It's definitely a dude. Guy's taller than Noctis, too. At least, if they haven't changed his character entirely since the first time we saw him.

Akira

I skipped FFXIII, but this looked amazing. Totally different from what I was expecting with old Versus footage. The gameplay looks dynamic and I love the scale! The music gave me goosebumps

Edit: Please be actual gameplay and no FFXIII-reveal style switcheroo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom