• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Announced for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
Seems definitely not exclusive based on that tweet.

That's fine. As long as I can play it on PS4, I don't care where else it goes. All I need is the PS4 for this.

jett

D-Member
80% CGI trailer, I didn't expect anything less from Squeenix. Welp, finally at least, Versus was logically turned into XV. Gameplay-wise looked solid and different from the previous gameplay video, framerate is awful. Graphically I really can't judge this one from the stream, but seems to look all right.

Esura

Banned
HYPE! I now have a reason to get hyped for Ver...XV now!

Trailer was so baller. Where the women characters at tho?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I can't believe I'm so excited for this, but that trailer was legitimately impressive...I think they can take the franchise in a really good direction with this.

MrDenny

Need direct feed, couldn't see all the action that was going on.
Also noticed some of the chars were still named prompto and gladiolus.
Was hoping they would change them, they sound weird especially prompto.

I can't wait to hear the english dub of this. I wonder if it'll be like FFXIII and have a release date close to the original Japanese one.

iZ9w5bH8vQpsW.gif

Kid Noctis

Lulubop

Prob get a PS4 for this and KH3 as they are unlikely to come to PC. I've never been crazy about Versus, but this trailer really impressed me.

Bladenic

Looked absolutely incredible, blew me away. That Leviathan fight looks beyond words.

Few things:

1. Not surprised at no exclusive. Would have been a huge win for Sony but oh well. I can see it being better on PS4 like 13 was.

2. Really hope you can switch characters, I won't mind being stuck as Noct but I want to play as everyone.

3. The release date is probably further than we think (late 2014 at earliest) but I REALLY hope it's simultaneous or near simultaneous worldwide release.

jblank83

80% CGI trailer, I didn't expect anything less from Squeenix. Welp, finally at least, Versus was logically turned into XV. Gameplay-wise looked solid and different from the previous gameplay video, framerate is awful. Graphically I really can't judge this one from the stream, but seems to look all right.

The only gameplay shown was running straight and rolling to dodge in very small linear hallways. The story looked as hammy and heavy handed as any FF.

It was no more interesting than Ryse or Destiny, even though it had more things smashing into other things and explosions. It was "next-gen" in a nutshell: flashy and boring.

Not to say it won't be a good game. It might. Nothing in the trailer was interesting though.

WHOA. Looks amazing. Love the character designs. Actually looks... somewhat reasonably realistic in design.

Also... what is the trailer after the FF15 trailer? I missed the entire Sony conference. I have a lot to catch up on.

rataven

I've been on the fence with Versus, but that trailer changed everything. Can't get it soon enough. I'm looking at all the characters faces and just thinking 'I can't wait to meet you guy with glasses'.

Neolith

is anything FF-related going on tommorow stream-wise? I recall an event about the future of final fantasy, anyone know what time/day that is?

Spongebob

Banned
Looked absolutely incredible, blew me away. That Leviathan fight looks beyond words.

Few things:

1. Not surprised at no exclusive. Would have been a huge win for Sony but oh well. I can see it being better on PS4 like 13 was.

2. Really hope you can switch characters, I won't mind being stuck as Noct but I want to play as everyone.

3. The release date is probably further than we think (late 2014 at earliest) but I REALLY hope it's simultaneous or near simultaneous worldwide release.
We already saw this in the 2011 trailer.

Chake

Banned
With the xbox one not releasing in japan (?) and most of the bad press and reactions. Do you think SE might think it's a bad investment?

Brokun

Action RPG.... groan. Oh well. It's the next Final Fantasy, and it looks great. Still buying it, but where are my turn-based lovelies? Maybe at TGS.

jbug617

Banned
With the xbox one not releasing in japan (?) and most of the bad press and reactions. Do you think SE might think it's a bad investment?

Probably not because it's not going to be hard to port over if they wanted to.

I feel that if it was exclusive Boyes would of said so because he had no problem of saying 14 was exclusive.

sappyday

Action RPG.... groan. Oh well. It's the next Final Fantasy, and it looks great. Still buying it, but where are my turn-based lovelies? Maybe at TGS.

This won't be turn based. Ever since its inception it was always built to be a game with KH gameplay.

I think if FFXV (formerly a PS3 exclusive) was coming to XBone, MS would have trumpeted it. They would have had Square Enix as one of the headliners for their conference, no matter the cost

Probably not because it's not going to be hard to port over if they wanted to.

I feel that if it was exclusive Boyes would of said so because he had no problem of saying 14 was exclusive.
I'm guessing Square don't want to lock themselves into an unmade decision

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Lots of closed quarter combat makes me wary about camera. Just how good is the camera control and can it deal with small indoor areas as well.

Also I noticed a lot more cinematic and very scripted scenes from the looks of things. This doesn't bode well for me. It just screams QTE and stuff. This doesn't really look like an RPG but rather an action game. Of course it's an actiony RPG since that's what the original Versus was going for but I'm starting to feel like this game is focusing a lot more on what looks cool rather than what is cool. Idk...

Mr. Fix

Lots of closed quarter combat makes me wary about camera. Just how good is the camera control and can it deal with small indoor areas as well.

Also I noticed a lot more cinematic and very scripted scenes from the looks of things. This doesn't bode well for me. It just screams QTE and stuff. This doesn't really look like an RPG but rather an action game. Of course it's an actiony RPG since that's what the original Versus was going for but I'm starting to feel like this game is focusing a lot more on what looks cool rather than what is cool. Idk...

It looks God of War-ified. The levels themselves seem mostly linear too. Nevertheless, I remain hyped for this for some reason.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
If they put FFXV and KH3 on PS3, it technically makes those 2 games not PS4 exclusive.

Shinta

Banned

Do people actually think that was all CG? It shows a ton of gameplay. You can see the new UI as well and it shows how he can switch weapons on the fly.

Amon37

There was a thread a while back asking if games still wow you.

Whelp at the end of that trailer I got that "hell yes" feeling inside.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Do people actually think that was all CG? It shows a ton of gameplay. You can see the new UI as well and it shows how he can switch weapons on the fly.

You can CG gameplay as well as UI/HUD and what not. You just need to video edit well. Having said that I don't think that trailer was CG.

If they put FFXV and KH3 on PS3, it technically makes those 2 games not PS4 exclusive.

If it was coming for the PS3 I feel like they would've said so at the conference...

Why isn't the media giving any attention to FFXV?

SE closed event is tomorrow. Wait.

I wish this was also for PS3 but I'm not sure. It seems unclear, but suggested PS4 only, which is disappointing. I don't want to buy a PS4 for one game.

Time to look up a recipe for crow; sounds like you have some serving to do.

The difference between the two versions will be that you still have consumer rights with the PS4 one.

It will also be an investment vs. something that will exist at most for 10 years.

Ninjimbo

I'm kind of underwhelmed by the trailer mostly due to the fact that I can't tell what kind of game it is. If it really is an action game, holy shit does it look janky! From the animations to the physics, to the collision detection, it looks way, way, below par. It's really not that far from LR's jank.

Everything else looks good enough. I dug the designs and, from what I could tell, the more serious thematic bent to the story. That scene with Noctis and his dad (I guess) was kind of cool if you can overcome the general FF cheese.

Oh well. The game looks a long ways off anyway.

Monsieur

Banned
Looks good, they definitely upped the graphics a bit outside of cutscenes. Don't care if it isn't exclusive since am getting a ps4 anyways.

I-hate-u

Final Fantasy XV is exclusive. Sony was trying to work out Kingdom Hearts III before the conference. I have heard Sony is helping with XV to get the game out in a timely fashion.

So many different information going on right now I don't know who to believe.

I knew it~ I had a feeling for a couple years it'd be turned into XV; good to have it finally confirmed.

Also dat gameplay. I knew instantly that was PS4 tech.

I can't wait; it looks crazy awesome.

Switched the avatar back to Noctis now that my faith has been restored. I am so damn excited for this it's kind of not fair to anything else that's going to show up at E3 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom