• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Brawl: Website is up!

Burai said:
A common misconception. In fact Japan dropped the metric time system (JMT) after the war.

Japan now uses the JWTFT system which has 346 seconds to every minute, 2 minutes to every hour and 9,028 hours to every day.

At the moment it's 6,781:01 over there.
That is a rather weird system. What do their wrist watches look like?

Dolphin

Banned
ninj4junpei said:
That is a rather weird system. What do their wrist watches look like?
scifiwatchnw1.jpg

gimz

if theres another update tonight, what do you guys think it will be?

more crew list, characters? or ...?

gimz said:

OMG TEH NOTHER MEGATON?!

It was never really stated that new info was coming. "New Site Coming" was all. I never really got my hopes up.

NeonZ

gimz said:

These updates are daily, you shouldn't expect anything "plural". Besides, the first character updates probably will talk about the known ones.

ant1532

Banned
Ok. Place the bets. Who will stay in and who will get kicked out?

Melee characters:
(26 total, including 5 clones and 1 transformation

-Mario
-Link
-Donkey Kong
-Yoshi
-Pikachu
-Kirby
-Fox
-Samus Aran
-Luigi
-Jigglypuff
-Captain Falcon
-Ness
-Peach
-Bowser
-Ice Climbers
-Zelda
-Pichu
-Mewtwo
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Marth
-Ganondorf (clone)
-Dr. Mario (clone)
-Young Link (clone)
-Roy (clone)
-Falco (clone)
-Sheik (transformation)

-Jigglypuff
-Ice Climbers
-Zelda
-Pichu
-Mewtwo
- Zelda
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Dr. Mario (clone)
-Young Link (clone)
-Roy (clone)

I think all these ppl are potentials for the chopping block.

NeonZ

Am I the only one who'd like to see Kid Icarus'-like redesigns for Ness and Ice Climbers?

I think that if they continue Brawl's tendency of making more detailed textures for people's clothes, but don't make their bodies more proportionated, Ness and the Ice Climbers will just look weird.

Why is Roy always considered the clone character? I know Marth ranks higher on the teir list, but I don't see that as any reason why he should get the nod over Roy. If anything, Roy should be kept since he had at least a cameo appearance in a game outside of Japan.

Keru_Shiri said:
Why is Roy always considered the clone character? I know Marth ranks higher on the teir list, but I don't see that as any reason why he should get the nod over Roy. If anything, Roy should be kept since he had at least a cameo appearance in a game outside of Japan.
Clone: Character that appears in game AFTER another player with same move set.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Keru_Shiri said:
because Roy IS a clone of marth.

I mean, you unlock roy by beating classic mode with marth. :lol

and marth is the face of Fire Emblem, while Roy is a character that was shoehorned into SSBM to promote the upcoming release of FE6 for the GBA. They're leaving Marth in, my friend.

Zeed

Banned
GaimeGuy said:
because Roy IS a clone of marth.

I mean, you unlock roy by beating classic mode with marth. :lol

and marth is the face of Fire Emblem, while Roy is a character that was shoehorned into SSBM to promote the upcoming release of FE6 for the GBA. They're leaving Marth in, my friend.
IMO they should replace Marth with Lyn. And then replace Roy with some dude from FE10.

NeonZ said:
Am I the only one who'd like to see Kid Icarus'-like redesigns for Ness and Ice Climbers?

I think that if they continue Brawl's tendency of making more detailed textures for people's clothes, but don't make their bodies more proportionated, Ness and the Ice Climbers will just look weird.

Actually I'd rather Pit looked more cartoony like the original artwork for Kid Icarus.

Keru_Shiri said:
Probably because Marth is more well known in Japan, more iconic of the series in general (it would be like choosing Zelda over Link), and Roy was put in mainly to advertise Fire Emblem 6 so his purposes as a character are somewhat moot now.

I was unaware of Marth's popularity in Japan. Furthermore, I couldn't remember if you used Marth to unlock Roy, or vice-versa. I'll miss Roy if he gets the cut. >_<

Tristam

Oblivion said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't let this monkey near my game, damn it! He'll sully it! :(

But yeah, what can I say that hasn't been said already? Nintendo's going all out for this game, and it makes sense and all, but ****!!!!

Next gen. music just got ****ing OWNED.

Oblivion, you do realize I'm going to have to make fun of you following your notion that Smash Bros. development was going to be outsourced to Hudson's F-team? :)

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
WastingPenguins said:
About the growing fists... you realize that this happened in Melee, right? Go do Mario's up-tilt, for instance. Uppercut, and his fist gets HUGE.
It was totally toned down in Melee from SSB. I missed it. It was there to a certain extent, but just wasn't the same. Not every character has it and it should stay that way.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
ShockingAlberto said:
Probably because Marth is more well known in Japan, more iconic of the series in general (it would be like choosing Zelda over Link), and Roy was put in mainly to advertise Fire Emblem 6 so his purposes as a character are somewhat moot now.
Yeah.... FE6 wasn't even out yet. Roy was put in solely to promote the upcoming releaes of FE6.

As I stated, Marth is the face of Fire Emblem. He's the main character of the original FE, as well as FE3, making him the only Fire Emblem character to be the main character in multiple games.

He's by far the most popular of the Fire Emblem characters, and, even though FE1 and 3 were never released outside of Japan, he's one of the more popular characters in Melee. They won't take him out. There's no logical reason for them to do so.

fernoca

NeonZ said:

Yeah, because Pikachu and Kirby just fit so well. :D

zoku88

Testicular Sound Express said:
-Jigglypuff
-Ice Climbers
-Zelda
-Pichu
-Mewtwo
- Zelda
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Dr. Mario (clone)
-Young Link (clone)
-Roy (clone)

Zelda's awesome. I love her (I play her in mostly non-Shiek mode.) She's kind overpowered in some regards, though. Y. Link should get cut, though (replaced by WW Linkl_ and Pichu and Roy should get axed as well. Mewtwo is too unique to get cut. I guess... same with Mr Game and Watch. I hope Brawl doesn't have as many clones.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Tristam said:
Oblivion, you do realize I'm going to have to make fun of you following your notion that Smash Bros. development was going to be outsourced to Hudson's F-team? :)

Lack of info, and 6 years of waiting make Oblivion something something. :(

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
GaimeGuy said:
Yeah.... FE6 wasn't even out yet. Roy was put in solely to promote the upcoming releaes of FE6.

As I stated, Marth is the face of Fire Emblem. He's the main character of the original FE, as well as FE3, making him the only Fire Emblem character to be the main character in multiple games.

Sothe will take partially take that title from him. He was useless in PoR though. :lol

But Lyn, Ike or Hector would be pretty freaking awesome. No Eliwood or the twins, they suck.

Jiggy

Testicular Sound Express said:
-Jigglypuff
-Ice Climbers
-Zelda
-Pichu
-Mewtwo
- Zelda
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Dr. Mario (clone)
-Young Link (clone)
-Roy (clone)

Zelda a potential for the chopping block? She's gotten a more prominent role after the release of SSBM than before, when they had basically nothing to work with for inventing a moveset except the assumption that Sheik had ninja skills. She did nothing in The Minish Cap, sure, but between
firing light arrows and being a pirate
in Wind Waker and
firing light arrows and having fencing skills
in Twilight Princess, I can't at all envision her being taken out. Drastically reworked to accommodate the last two Zelda console games, possibly, but not taken out.

Chao said:
With that system, they probably look like this:

reggiewatch.jpg

I can imagine asking the watch what time it is, and Reggie looks at you, shrugs, and says "not my problem". I dont know why I thought of that or why you would be asking your watch the time, but I did.:lol

zoku88

BorkBork said:
Sothe will take partially take that title from him. He was useless in PoR though. :lol

But Lyn, Ike or Hector would be pretty freaking awesome. No Eliwood or the twins, they suck.
Haha, I can imagine Hector swinging his huge axe around all over the place. I'd prefer Lyn, though. I love my fast characters (cept Fox.)

ant1532 said:
Ok. Place the bets. Who will stay in and who will get kicked out?

-Pichu
-Roy

Predictions: Ganondorf will get his own move-set, as will Falco. Dr. Mario becomes an alternate costume for Mario, Young Link gets cel-shaded, Sheik becomes a separate character from Zelda. Pichu and Roy are taken out, with a new character from each franchise replacing them (not move-wise).

Top Bottom