• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
RagnarokX said:
The downside to Kirby's copy ability...

hammeredkirby1.jpg

Awesome. "Hammered" is a great touch :)

(like the toilet one, too)

Helzown

I know I'm a little late, but I just got a chance to listen to the Zelda music and... wow. This game will have some of the best music I've ever heard. In fact, if this game received an average of 1.0 on all gaming sites, I'd still buy it just for the music.

For the Zelda music.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
RiskyChris said:
Hey, GAF, I just wanted to stop in and say that I think this will be the first SSB update that I haven't been awake for since the site went live. I think I may finally have my insomnia under control...

we'll try our best to manage.

Michan

Names
Game Modes

You can enter individual names for each player. Start by just entering a name.

various02_070628a-l.jpg

This time, enter it like you would on your cell phone!
You can also use random names.

Once it’s entered, choose your name for your character on the character-selection screen before you begin fighting.

various02_070628b-l.jpg

The character-selection screen is still a secret!

This time, names are extremely important. That’s because we’ve included personalized button configurations.

We’ve made this game compatible with four different controllers:

various02_070628c.gif

You can change button configurations for each one for each registered name, and alter those configurations any way you like.

Assigning personal button configurations each time you fight would be a bit of a pain...but if you just choose your name from the list, BAM! You get to play with your preferred configuration! There’s no waiting!

We’re also considering allowing you to save your name to the memory in your Wii Remote so you can bring your settings with you to your friend’s house...

But if we can’t make that happen, I apologize.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
UPDATED

NAMES

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various02.html

You can enter individual names for each player. Start by just entering a name.

various02_070628a-l.jpg

This time, enter it like you would on your cell phone!
You can also use random names.

Once it’s entered, choose your name for your character on the character-selection screen before you begin fighting.

various02_070628b-l.jpg

The character-selection screen is still a secret!

This time, names are extremely important. That’s because we’ve included personalized button configurations.

various02_070628c.gif

You can change button configurations for each one for each registered name, and alter those configurations any way you like.

Assigning personal button configurations each time you fight would be a bit of a pain...but if you just choose your name from the list, BAM! You get to play with your preferred configuration! There’s no waiting!

We’re also considering allowing you to save your name to the memory in your Wii Remote so you can bring your settings with you to your friend’s house...

But if we can’t make that happen, I apologize

reading into it more, this is a great update, it shows off some of the character select screen and shows off customization

OMG! you can save it to your Wiimote, which kinda sucks, because im gonna be using the cube controller...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
holy shit, this is Minorton:

various02_070628c.gif

Acerac

Banned
Eh, if it was just names it'd have been a rather pathetic update. But the customizable configuration thing is damn cool.

jvalioli

Oh oh oh!

This game MUST be online, reading the update. What would be the point of showing your controller configuration if you can't display it to anyone who can't see you play?... ie, online play. :) hope that makes sense.

fernoca

Is a good update:

-Personal button configurations CONFIRMED
-First look as the game menu
-First (kinda) look at the character select screen
-Contrary to Melee's black menu, Brawl is white.

jvalioli said:

Oh oh oh!
I hope they can implement it. Sakurai was expressing some doubt...

kamikaze said:
ugh...what's with entering names like you would on a cell phone?!?
Seems kinda weird. Perhaps it's easier to do with the Wii pointer?

Michan

I love the new menu design. Keeping with the Smash style, but updated to match the Wii colourscheme.

Michan said:
Predictions for tonight? I'm guessing we're going to see something about gameplay.

Hurrah.

You know the character behind the "TOM" screen (not the character select area above) is probably a megaton character and they're laughing right now.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.

Oh yes yes yes. Hell yes. If "any way you like" truly means any way you like than this is great!

My configuration - Remote + Nunchuck:

Up tilt = no jump.
Down on Dpad = Jump
A = Standard Attack
B = Special Attack
C = Grab
Z = Shield

Perfect.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Chris Michael said:
This game MUST be online, reading the update. What would be the point of showing your controller configuration if you can't display it to anyone who can't see you play?... ie, online play. :) hope that makes sense.
No, it doesn't :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom