• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real: Beautiful Katamari PS3 canned, Rumor: Wii version in the work

Luckyman said:
Another XBLA title $40 on Wii? :lol
God for the love of Gaming Nooooooooooooooooo!!!! Geo-wars is sounding pretty pricey as it is. Thats just wrong, but I wouldn't doubt that it would be a big hit sales wise. Turning a $5-$10 DLC game into a $40-$50 just by adding a couple things is a joke.
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Everything we heard about this game has been a...

trainwreck.jpg

Oh yeah and didn't the producers say that it wasn't going to be a downloadable game is response to some website. They took it offensively or something like "Ohh no this is definitely not a DLC game it's going to be on a disc.

Then Shane was also talking smack about it and how it didn't look that great. Shane talks a lot of shit though.

felipeko

nelsonroyale said:
sporadic hardware, what the ****s up with that termonology...wouldn't that suggest 360 since the console dies more....you mean scarce maybe?

The game would/will not sell anymore, or probably less on the 360 anyway....MS would not have specifically moneyhatted this title...just a number of titles from namco and this happens to be one...it would be pretty stupid to actually try and get this game specifically
Actually, according to the rumor, the X360 have nothing to do with PS3 losing the game, so i don't see why sales in 360 are the point..
The Wii version is responsible for that... And you can't argue against, because the Wii version is potentially more profitable than a PS3 version...

Nolan.

nelsonroyale said:
sporadic hardware, what the ****s up with that termonology...wouldn't that suggest 360 since the console dies more....you mean scarce maybe?

The game would/will not sell anymore, or probably less on the 360 anyway....MS would not have specifically moneyhatted this title...just a number of titles from namco and this happens to be one...it would be pretty stupid to actually try and get this game specifically
Yeah I didn't get the terminology. Anyway of all the titles to throw money at would ms really throw it at this game considering what their base tend to buy. Well so far anyway.

Nolan. said:
Yeah I didn't get the terminology. Anyway of all the titles to throw money at would ms really throw it at this game considering what their base tend to buy. Well so far anyway.
Didn't stop them from continuously moneyhatting other Japanese developers.

lupin23rd

Was just looking at Soutahouse's blog to see the latest Famitsu news, and it looks like this rumor is in fact true, and will probably show up in the weekly Japanese news thread. What a bunch of garbage.

lupin23rd said:
Was just looking at Soutahouse's blog to see the latest Famitsu news, and it looks like this rumor is in fact true, and will probably show up in the weekly Japanese news thread. What a bunch of garbage.

The quote in question:

PS3 “[biyuteihuru] lump soul” sale discontinuance

Linkup

Dragona Akehi said:
I don't see a point in a Katamari game that has no involvement with the original creator.

He's probably on a swing set right now giving off long belly laughs as he grins swinging back and forth.

Raistlin

inthezone said:
Cant say I am profoundly sorry about this news. Its gonna flop no matter what.

Wii version will sell decently I would think.

Edit: Isnt it a coincidence that the PS3 version is MIA right after rumors pointed at MS moneyhatting the game?

lol ... imagine if MS is actually paying for money hats that allow Wii ports

Jonnyram

This news doesn't affect me as I was going to buy it on 360 regardless, but it is surely a blow to Sony - moneyhats or no. This is the kind of game that people always said MS lacked for their machines, and now they have it all to themselves. The balance has definitely shifted this generation, and anyone that continues to say "360 owners are not into this kind of game" is totally missing the point.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
AdmiralViscen said:
I think I'd rather control this game with analog sticks than the Wii remote.
Hope the Wii version has classic controller support? It seems like the only way you'll be able to play it the old fashion way now, though a Wii version still hasn't been confirmed. Are the classic controller analog sticks even buttons? Previews say that the placement of the analog sticks on the 360 version don't make that much of a difference though, so hopefully it works.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Dragona Akehi said:
I don't see a point in a Katamari game that has no involvement with the original creator.
Metroid Prime turned out pretty well.

*runs*

Really doesn't do me any good since I never liked Katamari in the first place.

Hell somebody could moneyhat Namco to make it a PepsimanVsJoe exclusive game and I'd still have zero interest in playing it.

jj984jj said:
Hope the Wii version has classic controller support? It seems like the only way you'll be able to play it the old fashion way now, though a Wii version still hasn't been confirmed. Are the classic controller analog sticks even buttons? Previews say that the placement of the analog sticks on the 360 version don't make that much of a difference though, so hopefully it works.

Nintendo's never used the clickable sticks.

lupin23rd

Jonnyram said:
This news doesn't affect me as I was going to buy it on 360 regardless, but it is surely a blow to Sony - moneyhats or no. This is the kind of game that people always said MS lacked for their machines, and now they have it all to themselves. The balance has definitely shifted this generation, and anyone that continues to say "360 owners are not into this kind of game" is totally missing the point.

It's definitely a blow to Sony, no doubt about it - even if it is "just Katamari" (to quote some people). I don't like this trend. Hopefully E3 brings good news.

Maybe Beautiful Katamari 2 for PS3? :lol

That being said, the game will come out the same day as 4 FPS games and sell like shit, and that will be the end of Namco-Bandai and MS' wonderful relationship :lol

Crow-kun

Banned
lupin23rd said:
It's definitely a blow to Sony, no doubt about it - even if it is "just Katamari" (to quote some people). I don't like this trend. Hopefully E3 brings good news.

Maybe Beautiful Katamari 2 for PS3? :lol

That being said, the game will come out the same day as 4 FPS games and sell like shit, and that will be the end of Namco-Bandai and MS' wonderful relationship :lol
Namco's been wanting to ride Microsoft's dick since the xbox. Now they have their chance.

Jonnyram

lupin23rd said:
They're making a killing on XBLA titles, so I don't see that relationship souring any time soon.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
lupin23rd is so full of shit, especially when it comes to the 360. :lol

Bandai-Namco started with RR6 at 360's launch but then they made Eternal Sonata, Idolmaster, and Ace Combat 6 all exclusively for the 360 as well, and now Beautiful Katamari is 360 exclusive. I believe Dynasty Warriors Gundam is confirmed to come out here in NA and in EU as well so Tekken is the only thing not confirmed for the 360. With the PS3 tanking as it is I don't see their "relationship" ending soon, next-gen on the PS3 is shaky and multi-platform or 360 is the way to go business wise.

jj984jj said:
lupin23rd is so full of shit

I agree. He's up there with Cerebral Palsy, Hagi23, and someotherguy23. Oh and hey if Beautiful Katamari 360 releases the same day as even one FPS I'll tip my hat to you lupin.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Well well, so it's true...

And again, I really doubt that MS paid for this, we all definitely know that they are spreading the variety in their catalog big time, but somehow I think this was all Namco themselves - I don't see MS paying for a title like this at all...

Like duckroll said, Namco seems to be enjoying it pretty well with MS, especially on XBLA with Pac-Man...

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I agree. He's up there with Cerebral Palsy, Hagi23, and someotherguy23. Oh and hey if Beautiful Katamari 360 releases the same day as even one FPS I'll tip my hat to you lupin.

I wouldn't be suprised if they all knew each other/were the same person honestly, what with same mentality and the coincidence that they all have the number 23 in their names... but hey, it doesn't matter to me anyways...

lupin23rd

Skilotonn said:
I wouldn't be suprised if they all knew each other/were the same person honestly, what with same mentality and the coincidence that they all have the number 23 in their names... but hey, it doesn't matter to me anyways...

I thought he was just complaining by making up a bunch of fake names and trying to link them to me, whatever.

USD

So the rumors are (half) true at least. Don't think the PS3 will recover after losing this one.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I know sales aren't great, but would it really cost that much to port it to PS3?

Sony have to replace this game quick. I don't think they "need" Katamari Damacy, I don't think they need any game that's already had 2 or more versions on the PS2 and isn't a blockbuster. But they do need a similar quirky game that's "more next gen" then Katamari.

reminder

travisbickle said:
Sony have to replace this game quick. I don't think they "need" Katamari Damacy, I don't think they need any game that's already had 2 or more versions on the PS2 and isn't a blockbuster. But they do need a similar quirky game that's "more next gen" then Katamari.

LittleBigPlanet says hi. :)

nofi

reminder said:
LittleBigPlanet says hi. :)

Yup.

It's a shame they've hit development problems (and of course, sales issues) here with Katamari, but it won't be the be-all and end-all.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Doesn't make sense.

Why would they cancel the PS3 version "Because its too tricky to port from 360", yet do a wii version that they also can't port so have to 'reimagine'?

I don't buy the 'can't port'.

I also don't understand why Namco wouldn't do it for PS3. Sales is a stupid reason. If sales was the only reason, why bother with Ace Combat etc on 360 (least in Japan)? You don't just drop an entire platform because it came out of the gates slow.

Sure, add a wii sku, but do a PS3 one too.

Top Bottom