• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevtones

I hope this game includes Dragon Quest characters...and maybe a couple from DQVIII.

Sorry I popped in my 81 hour DQ8 file and realized how awesome of fit it would be :D

edit: god i'm tired and drunk

Narag

Dubbs said:
And i don't need the bitchy attitude either. WOWZERS IT"S THE UP B---your SOOO SMARTT!! shut the fuck up nerd.

Dubbs said:
Fuck tougher skin. Stop using forums as a crutch to act like a bleeding pussy bitch and get away with it.

:lol

Lame update, hoping for more music come next week :(

Haunted

meh update. We're too used to the Megatons, now every day with a minor update is meh. :/

Zeed said:
You'll need tougher skin than that if you want to last on GAF.
Just stop being a dick and go back to discussing the game.

Somnid

It's the same tether grab as in Melee just it's not entirely limited to throws (ie completely horizontal). You can probably aim the whip similar to the way Shiek can. Also, seeing as Yoshi had opportunities for one in Melee but was denied I'm not expecting him to gain one this time, don't forget the egg toss can now allow him to triple jump.

Haunted One said:
Just stop being a dick and go back to discussing the game.

Quoted for truth.

Anyhow.. something a bit off topic from today's update: music. After looking at the music updates I realized two things. The arrangements are very very cool, I like them alot.

However.. maybe it's just me but it seems like the quality is a step below Melee's orchestral sound and even it's synthboard (i.e. Final Destination song).

I remember someone in this thread saying earlier that they are just the arrangements done with a temporary synthboard because they don't actually record with an orchestra until everything is written. Is there any truth or source to support this?

Sorry.. I'm a bit of a music whore..

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I have to admit, with the list of updates we've been having of late this is a fairly light one in comparison. At least it gives us info on Zero Suit Samus' moves.

Could it be that you have some limited control over the direction she launches her Whip? a la Yoshi's Egg Throw move.

Chao

technique03_070816a-l.jpg

Ass

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
I kinda liked the update, it's a change in the Up+B of the game. Now what would happen if I hit an opponent with it? Will the enemy be slammed down or will Samus reach the opponent in the air?

In the first case, the character would loose a share of recovery ability but it could lend to some fun kamikaze actions. An opponent is thrown out of the stage, recovers, ZSS jumps and UpB once below the adversary.

Second case, the move permits more recovery capacities than meets the eye and that's about all I can think of.

My guess is that it could do a bit of each, bringing the other chara down and making ZSS hop a bit (less than a classic Up+B).

Oh btw ZSS is hot!:D

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Ooh ooh! I just had a great and completely unrelated idea for the Elite Beat Agents as an Assist Trophy!

The numbers appear on screen around the stage as they dance (like they do in the game, only in set places so it's accessible to people), and if your character runs around and hits them all in turn - before they disappear - then it powers up their attack which they unleash at the end of it, through funk and boogie.

Anyway, back to the topic.

turk128

Nintaiyo said:
Wow, I'm proud of you guys. No whining about no ZSS buttshots...yet. Let's hope Friday brings teh megat0n. I'm hitting the hay.
*looks at Chao's post*

Huh?

Sarcasm tag should be required for this thread.

usea

SuperAngelo64 said:
I remember someone in this thread saying earlier that they are just the arrangements done with a temporary synthboard because they don't actually record with an orchestra until everything is written. Is there any truth or source to support this?
No, none at all.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
SovanJedi said:
Ooh ooh! I just had a great and completely unrelated idea for the Elite Beat Agents as an Assist Trophy!

The numbers appear on screen around the stage as they dance (like they do in the game, only in set places so it's accessible to people), and if your character runs around and hits them all in turn - before they disappear - then it powers up their attack which they unleash at the end of it, through funk and boogie.

Anyway, back to the topic.
If there's an Ouendan assist, it HAS to be prefaced with a zoom in of the character that activated the trophy screaming "OUENNNNNNDANNNNNNN!"

I guess an EBA one could do HEAAAAAALP!, but that just doesn't have the same ring...

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
kamikaze said:
i wonder if any existing/old characters will have a similar move added? yoshi could probably have a new tongue move (like pkunkfury suggested as i was thinking about it).
That might happen. I wonder who else will have a similar move like that. ZSS has it and link will probably be able to do the same with his hookshot like he did in melee. Apart from yoshi, I cant think of anyone else who might have a move that will allow them to latch onto a ledge.

Zeed

Banned
El Papa said:
0 Suit Samus is my new main.
We still don't know if she's selectable or only available through using Samus' Final Smash. It creates a problem - characters are only allowed one Final Smash each, but if in order to get ZSS you MUST use Samus' Final Smash, that means ZSS won't have one, which won't be fair.

psycho_snake said:
That might happen. I wonder who else will have a similar move like that. ZSS has it and link will probably be able to do the same with his hookshot like he did in melee. Apart from yoshi, I cant think of anyone else who might have a move that will allow them to latch onto a ledge.
As ShockingAlberto said before, Ivysaur's Up-B would be a shoe in.

Firestorm

You know, this is Sakurai we're talking about. He even put in the option to turn into Sheik right away in the last game. I'd be pretty surprised if there's no way to use ZSS without a final smash. He must realized that a large portion of players don't even play with items after a while.

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
You know, this is Sakurai we're talking about. He even put in the option to turn into Sheik right away in the last game. I'd be pretty surprised if there's no way to use ZSS without a final smash. He must realized that a large portion of players don't even play with items after a while.
And even if he didn't, I'm sure his developer team of dedicated Smash fans did.

Zeed

Banned
Firestorm said:
I agree with this but it still creates a conundrum. If ZSS can be played alone, then she will need a Final Smash. But if she does have a Final Smash, what happens when Samus uses her Final Smash to turn into ZSS? Is she allowed to use a second Final Smash?

Linkhero1

esbern said:
wait until they give you an update about how pit can fly, that'll be almost as worthless as today's
How about walking/jumping. You know they'll do it sooner or later and that'd turn out to be the most worthless updated ever.

GamerSoul

This update wasn't that bad. Sakurai's writing skills saved it.

"Samus is falling! This looks bad!"
"She uses her up special move! She just manages to latch on!"
"Whew, that was a close one."

Not many people can write like that.

Firestorm

Zeed said:
I agree with this but it still creates a conundrum. If ZSS can be played alone, then she will need a Final Smash. But if she does have a Final Smash, what happens when Samus uses her Final Smash to turn into ZSS? Is she allowed to use a second Final Smash?

She doesn't need one. And if she does, I'd assume she merely doesn't get to use it if Samus has already used it. There might even be a way for ZSS to turn back into Samus after a certain amount of time.

usea

Zeed said:
She might have her own, but she might not. It wouldn't be automatically "unfair" if she didn't have one. That's not how balance works. In fact, one of the best ways to increase variety with a minimal impact on balance is to change around basic aspects of characters. Smash in particular is well-known for doing this.

GamerSoul said:

I don't think sakurai writes the english version. I know it's translated pretty faithfully, but imo the best part is the subtle humor that comes across very well.

Hell, he might not even write the japanese ones, we just have to assume he does because it says he does. It's not uncommon for blogs by notable people (even in the gaming industry where the level of technological skill is high) to be written by other people. If I had to put money on it, I'd say he does write them, but who knows.

NeonZ

esbern said:
wait until they give you an update about how pit can fly, that'll be almost as worthless as today's

How about walking/jumping. You know they'll do it sooner or later and that'd turn out to be the most worthless updated ever.

Are you two serious? The one in the first post was mentioned along with Pit's B moves update. The one in the second post has been done too (at least, the jumping part).

Zeed

Banned
usea said:
It wouldn't be automatically "unfair" if she didn't have one.
Perhaps not, but it would be grossly inconsistent to deny a standalone playable character a feature that every other one has.

usea

Zeed said:
Perhaps not, but it would be grossly inconsistent to deny a standalone playable character a feature that every other one has.
Like some characters getting more than 2 jumps, or falling faster than others, or having an up+b which doesn't help them recover.

Since this update sucks, why don't we say our favorite and least favorite updates?

Favorite - Pokémon Trainer, it was just very very cool.

Least favorite - Wario's moves. I didn't like how they focused on his personality. I just hope they announce a Wario Land move.

usea

studio810 said:
The good thing about this update is that it would be perfect for Simon Belmont to be in the game. Make it so!
Castlevania fans will not be disappointed when the time comes and that time WILL come.

farnham

Banned
GamerSoul said:

:lol :lol

do you think sakurai updates this everyday personally..? think again its some intern that does the work for him..

Zeed

Banned
usea said:
Like some characters getting more than 2 jumps, or falling faster than others, or having an up+b which doesn't help them recover.
That's a bad analogy - different up+b moves are variety, which has already been demonstrated in Final Smashes. This would be more like removing one character's up+b completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom