• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Zeed said:
Seriously, I mean it, ban me for a week after Brawl comes out if Lyn is not in. I can't live in a world where Diddy Kong is in Brawl but Lyn isn't.

I have a really bad feeling we're going to see a certain blue furry as the female weapon-user, rather than Lyn. :(

Going by Sakurai's journals, I fully expect Geno, and possibly, Mallow, to appear in the game in some form or another. Most likely assist trophies.

MrCheez

Jiggy37 said:
Bugsy the Suplex beetle.

YES!

Such an obscure character... but he's made of 100% WIN!

edit:
wallpaper_kkbugzzy_800x600.gif

oh snapz!

Linkhero1

Did anyone else notice that we barely have any bad guy characters in melee? We only have Ganondorf and Bowser...I want more bad guys!

dfyb said:
so did we get that cool new trailer people were expecting at leipzig?!?!

i'm assuming not ;)

:(
Sadly no :(

MrCheez

Linkhero1 said:
Did anyone else notice that we barely have any bad guy characters in melee? We only have Ganondorf and Bowser...I want more bad guys!

Don't forget Mewtwo! But yeah, I agree.

We'll probably see Dedede, and I'm reeeeeeeeeeally hoping for Ridley (though he's probably going to end up just being a boss).

Black Shadow looks like a huge doofus. I really hope he is not included.

I think Wolf is an okay character but I don't see how he'd be anything but a Fox close.

K.Rool I'd ONLY be interested in if he was in his pirate form.

I'd love to see Skull Kid with Majora's Mask (which is why I made that 3d model for my portfolio :) ) but he's another huge longshot.

What other great Nintendo enemies can we all think of? If 3rd party enemies were likely I'd want Dr. Wily. :lol

Zeed

Banned
MrCheez said:
What other great Nintendo enemies can we all think of? If 3rd party enemies were likely I'd want Dr. Wily. :lol
I'm willing to bet that we'll fight Metal Gear REX as a Subspace Emissary boss.

Linkhero1

MrCheez said:

We'll probably see Dedede, and I'm reeeeeeeeeeally hoping for Ridley (though he's probably going to end up just being a boss).

I think Wolf is an okay character but I don't see how he'd be anything but a Fox close.

I'd love to see Skull Kid with Majora's Mask (which is why I made that 3d model for my portfolio :) ) but he's another huge longshot.

I'm guessing the same but I hope to see K.Rool (Pirate form), King DeDeDe, Ridley, Wolf, and BlackShadow. At least one Boss from each series.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
MrCheez said:
YES!

Such an obscure character... but he's made of 100% WIN!

edit:
[imghttp://kirby.classicgaming.gamespy.com/multimedia/wallpapers/wallpaper_kkbugzzy_800x600.gif[/img]

oh snapz!

Squishy would rape the shit out of anyone, including bugzzy.

Haunted

Linkhero1 said:
+ Mewtwo and + Wario. And Waluigi maybe? Also Petey.

NeonZ

1. Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) (5 entries)
2. King Dedede (Kirby franchise) (5 entries)
3. Krystal (Star Fox franchise) (4 entries)
4. Ridley (Metroid franchise) (4 entries)
5. Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) (4 entries)
6. Claus (Mother 3) (4 entries)
7. Diddy Kong (DK franchise) (4 entries)
8. Takamaru (Murasume's Secret Castle) (3 entries)
9. Tom Nook (Animal Crossing franchise) (3 entries)
10. Captain Olimar (Pikmin franchise) (3 entries)
11. Megaman (2 entries)
12. Black Shadow (F-Zero franchise) (2 entries)
13. Deimru/Deimelle (Tomato Adventure) (2 entries)
14. Jeff (Mother 2/ Earthbound) (2 entries)
15. Ray 01 (Custom Robo franchise) (2 entries)
16. King K. Rool (DK franchise) (2 entries)
17. Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight) (2 entries)
18. Professor Kawashima (Brain Age) (2 entries)
19. Sigurd (Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu) (2 entries)
20. Diddy and Dixie Kong as a team (DK franchise) (2 entries)
21. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) (2 entries)

Huh? The list about the suggested characters from the original Brawl site found in the Smash boards is different...

Differences in bold.

King Dedede(5)
Diddy Kong(4)
Geno(4)
Ike(4)
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3) (lower)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3) (isn't even on the other list)
Animal Crossing MC(2)
Claus(2) (lower here)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2) (missing from the other list)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2)
(missing from the other list)
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
(missing from the other list)
Sukapon(2)

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Ugh, K. Rool's design is even worse than Dixie's. What is wrong with you guys? Assist trophy at best, and even then, I think a Rambi assist is much more likely as a DK-themed one.

Dedede has a very good chance at a spot, on the other hand. He'll probably be hidden, though, so we won't know until it's out.

Anyway, keeping in mind my prediction of at least 5 more new challengers until release, I'll say:
1. Wolf Link + Midna (replacing Young Link)
2. Bowser Jr.
3. Female Pokemon Trainer/Gym Leader (w/ newer Pokemon types)
4. Captain Olimar (Pikmin)
5. Andy (Advance Wars)

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
MrCheez said:

You missed out on.
1. Wart
2. Stanley the Bugman
3. Koopalings
4. Count Bleck
5. General Scales
6. Kamek & Kammy
7. Lord Crump & Sir Grodus
8. Vivian, Beldam, & Marilyn

Those are some off the top of my head

Scribble

Wolf does not deserve to be in before Falco and Krystal.

Newcomers I want:

Sonic
Geno
Ridley
Dedede
Lucas
Stafy
Tingle
Captain Olimar
Takamaru
Krystal

I just wanted to pop in and point out...

A Link to the Snitch said:
Rare is full of shit. Rare WANTED Cranky to be the original DK, but Nintendo has never declared this themselves. Hell, Mario Superstar Baseball claims that DK is the original DK.
Uh...actually, the biography in Mario Baseball claimed the exact opposite.

"A gorilla known for raw power, DK leads a pretty carefree jungle life... unless someone messes with his bananas, in which case he just loses it. His ancestor, the original Donkey Kong, wore no necktie. His talents lie in beating on primate foes and kart-racing. Fear his Banana Ball!"

Just letting you know.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Yeah, I'd definitely want to see Starfy in this game, maybe having him included would mean the US will finally get some of his games... I also wanna see Mike Jones and Little Mac as playables, and perhaps Bubbles from Clu-Clu Land and the professor from Gyromite show up as assist trophies.

usea

Scribble said:
Wolf does not deserve to be in before Falco and Krystal.
The word "deserve" does not apply to characters. They can't deserve anything.

Thunder Monkey said:
diddykong_070822c-l.jpg

Pre-buttslap I'd wager?

Nice to see a monkey in the game.:D
To me it looks more like he's just slid to a stop and is turning around. Or perhaps he's ducking and lifting his head up to look left and right.

usea

WildArms said:
So you're saying Master Chief deserves to be in this game as much as Mario! :lol
What? Please tell me you're pretending to act like a moron. If you're serious, I can't imagine how your comment follows logically from mine..

I said the word deserve DOESN'T APPLY to characters. How can you possibly take that to mean they all deserve everything equally? The only two possibilities are you're being facetious or you're just dumb.

lockii said:
I've been following this thread somewhat but please will this update prove to the horde of people with their ABSOLUTE certainty and twisted logic that if this is that then surely this can't/can be that.

I'm referring to a number of incidents, one for instance people being CERTAIN about Sheik not being in the game, or some shit about Samus, whether or not any of that crap has been proven yet remains irrelevant after this update. You know nothing; anything goes with this game. Who cares about Diddy? Oh shit, he's now a main, non-secret playable character. Shut the fuck up.

QFT. Just want to reiterated the point that we don't know anything, other then what's ON the site and that the absence of something from the site is not confirmation in the negative either. Seriously. Just take it at face value and stop trying to play "psychological" detective over what Sakurai and Co.'s logic is.

Seeing how a large part of my childhood revolved around Donkey Kong Country games, I've got a soft spot for K. Rool. Brawl NEEDS a few more heavyweights--Bowser and Ganon are awesome to play as, and I don't really consider DK a heavyweight-- he's pretty nimble and his power isn't really that high. K. Rool, with a powerful cannon blaster, would be amazing!

Plus, alt. costumes wouldn't be hard to think up.

themanyfacesofkingkroolud9.jpg

Linkhero1

WastingPenguins said:
Seeing how a large part of my childhood revolved around Donkey Kong Country games, I've got a soft spot for K. Rool. Brawl NEEDS a few more heavyweights--Bowser and Ganon are awesome to play as, and I don't really consider DK a heavyweight-- he's pretty nimble and his power isn't really that high. K. Rool, with a powerful cannon blaster, would be amazing!

Plus, alt. costumes wouldn't be hard to think up.

themanyfacesofkingkroolud9.jpg
I think he should be in the game. At least be a boss in the game.

TJ Spyke

Olimar won't be a playable character in the game. I know they play around with the heights in the game (Pikachu is under 2 feet tall), but Olimar would be too much since he is the size of a quarter (0.955 inches).

ant1532

Banned
The only Nintendo character I really want and would be disappointed without that's new would be Captain Olimar. The only other one I can think of would be Ouendan dudes but yeah, I doubt character exclusive characters will be making it. Others that would be interesting but won't make me lose any sleep ove r would be the usual, (Ridley, Dedede, K.Rool, any character from SMRPG would neat but I don't have an obsession with Geno and don't understand it with a lot of those people, I mean, I love that game but yeah...) Krystal would make a neat playable character... but yeah, it's Krystal... Who the hell cares.

Now who I really really really wish for.

Rockman!!!!
TJ Spyke said:
Olimar won't be a playable character in the game. I know they play around with the heights in the game (Pikachu is under 2 feet tall), but Olimar would be too much since he is the size of a quarter (0.955 inches).
Kirby is supposed to be 20 centimeters. Character proportions don't pertain to selecting characters to have in the roster at all. You lose.

Fireblend

Banned
Great news, now add Ness or some other character from Mother so I can settle on the character I'll be using. Either that or announce Klonoa.

I wonder what new character will also be a default one?

Definitely not another DK or Kirby character, probably not another Mario or Pokémon one, definitely not another FE one, no Star Fox ones. Basically, if a franchise has two or more unlocked characters in the roster, there would probably be a hidden character for that franchise.

So Mario = Luigi

Pokémon = Jigglypuff/Mewtwo

Zelda = Ganondorf

Donkey Kong = King K. Rool

Kirby = King Dedede

etc.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
A Link to the Snitch said:
I wonder what new character will also be a default one?

Definitely not another DK or Kirby character, probably not another Mario or Pokémon one, definitely not another FE one, no Star Fox ones. Basically, if a franchise has two or more unlocked characters in the roster, there would probably be a hidden character for that franchise.

So Mario = Luigi

Pokémon = Jigglypuff/Mewtwo

Zelda = Ganondorf

Donkey Kong = King K. Rool

Kirby = King Dedede

etc.

You really think the amount of characters representing Fire Emblem is going to go down from 2 to 1 even though Fire Emblem is now MUCH more popular outside Japan than it ever was? (for obvious reasons)

MrCheez

WastingPenguins said:
(K.Rool Pic)

K.Rool pirate captain would be awesome... regular K.Rool.... eh. Not crazy about him.

But having a pirate character... oh man! Just what Smash Bros needs. :)

WildArms said:
You really think the amount of characters representing Fire Emblem is going to go down from 2 to 1 even though Fire Emblem is now MUCH more popular outside Japan than it ever was? (for obvious reasons)

I was talking about default characters, as stated.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
There is certainly going to be more than 25 characters. Far more, I would bet.

And why does everyone think IC and G&W will be gone? They're both very unique characters and I would bet on both being back, especially the latter.

Scribble

usea said:
The word "deserve" does not apply to characters. They can't deserve anything.

Yes, they can. Falco is a more important and significant character to the Star Fox series, so Falco "deserves" to get in more than Wolf.

Scribble

Duderz said:
And they should skip Krystal.

She has yet to appear in a good Star Fox game. And, she has yet to be a good character to boot.

Krystal's kind of bland, but I'd rather she get in over Wolf. She is, after all, part of the Star Fox team
(Ignoring Command's multiple endings =P)
She could use her staff, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom