• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Scribble said:
Krystal's kind of bland, but I'd rather she get in over Wolf. She is, after all, part of the Star Fox team
(Ignoring Command's multiple endings =P)
She could use her staff, too.

The ending in Command where Star Wolf become the heroes of Lylat and Krystal disappears was the best ending ever.

Am I the only one hoping to see Master Hand return in a boss capacity?

Zeed

Banned
Duderz said:
*thumbs up*

I'm glad for Diddy, Ike, and everyone else, but honestly, Lyn is the only other character I really, really would want.
As a matter of fact, let me quote the last page for emphasis:

Zeed said:
Seriously, I mean it, ban me for a week after Brawl comes out if Lyn is not in. I can't live in a world where Diddy Kong is in Brawl but Lyn isn't.
Can your dedication match that? CAN IT?

Linkhero1 said:
Dude you haven't heard?
Falco and Fox are lovers
Go and play StarFox 64 and you'll know what I mean. :lol :lol :lol
I have played all the star Fox games including the watch version and some of starfox 2

Did I miss something?

Zeed

Banned
Dark Ninja said:
I have played all the star Fox games including the watch version and some of starfox 2

Did I miss something?
Ever get this ending from Starfox Command?

starfox3.JPG

Haunted

MrCheez said:
Only if it's NES Little Mac, please. The SNES character design is fugly. :(
no!
GrimReaper said:
The SNES character looks good, that model from Fight Night is awful though.
yes.

I think yours is the best Metroid'd avatar so far, Grim. :lol

Starfox isn't a triple AAA franchise that deserves more than 2 characters. Fox and Wolf/Falco/Slippy/Krystal (in order of preference) are enough.

Haunted

Why are we talking so much about Starfox anyway? anonymous insider at it again?

What about other possible newcomers, like Captain Olimar or Waluigi? I also want to know what you guys thought of Petey's appearance in the FMV/intro. Is he only a huge boss? Or shrinked down to playable character size as soon as you beat him once?

Shinobix

A Link to the Snitch said:
For new characters, I want two more defaults:

Captain Olimar
Andy (Advance Wars)

And other defaults would be Captain Falcon, Ness/Lucas, and Ice Climbers.

No Falco no sale.

Not really, but I do wish he comes back

Haunted

SuperAngelo64 said:
I think Petey Piranhna/Boss Pakun is a pretty cool character, but I really doubt he'll be anything more than a boss.

Just my speculation though.
Boss Pakun? Is that Petey's name in (insert country here)?

And the Ice Climbers can go fuck themselves - we have the novelty character (in terms of how to play) covered with the Pokemon Trainer. If we don't get a playable Captain Olimar with Pikmin attacks, I at least expect a Pikmin-themed stage and an assist trophy.

Also, why does everyone forget Luigi? Or is he supposed to be an unlockable?

Haunted One said:

And the Ice Climbers can go fuck themselves - we have the novelty character (in terms of how to play) covered with the Pokemon Trainer.

I don't want him default. It hurts his second banana status..

Haunted One said:

And the Ice Climbers can go fuck themselves - we have the novelty character (in terms of how to play) covered with the Pokemon Trainer. If we don't get a playable Captain Olimar with Pikmin attacks, I at least expect a Pikmin-themed stage and an assist trophy.

Yeah I never really liked Ice climbers

Captain Olimar better be in, at least give us a stage

As for Luigi Everyone forgets him because there's no way he won't make it in the game

Haunted

A Link to the Snitch said:
I don't want him default. It hurts his second banana status..
Just to be clear, I only want those characters in the game. I couldn't care less if they're default characters or hidden, as long as I can unlock and play them at any time in the game. :)

Dark Ninja said:
As for Luigi Everyone forgets him because there's no way he won't make it in the game
That's probably true. Hope Sakurai doesn't forget him as well. :p

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Doesn't matter what Sakurai wants, theres some characters in that game that Nintendo PR wouldn't let you get away with NOT having, Luigi included

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Haunted One said:

Dude. When did the Ice Climbers run over your puppy?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
ggnoobIGN said:
They're one of the better characters in the game and maybe the most unique. Why the hell does everyone want to get rid of them?

Because they know some characters won't return in Brawl and they're desperate to see their Young Link/Marth/Falco in the lineup.

Haunted

ggnoobIGN said:
They're one of the better characters in the game and maybe the most unique. Why the hell does everyone want to get rid of them?
Everyone has characters they like and dislike and I just can't stand the Ice Climbers. I've never played their game, they're uncool and shittily designed, don't even have any awesome attacks to redeem themselves. I just don't like them.

Seeing more Shyguys in the game would make me happy. I'm all for new playable characters.

Although I'd like to see my favourite character return of course - Ganondorf.

Danthrax said:
Because they know some characters won't return in Brawl and they're desperate to see their Young Link/Marth/Falco in the lineup.
useless/replaced by Ike/always was too similar to Fox, imo. out, out and out.

get rid of the old stuff and bring more new blood into the mix, I say! :D

Dr.Hadji

Firestorm said:
They're only cheap as in hard to play against and have some annoying combos that I hope they fix (woobbbllliinggg).

Wobles is a friend of mine. He recently created the "phoenix", a tourney legal variation of wobbling. But yah, the ICs really awkward in their design.

Firestorm

Haunted One said:
Everyone has characters they like and dislike and I just can't stand the Ice Climbers. I've never played their game, they're uncool and shittily designed, don't even have any awesome attacks to redeem themselves. I just don't like them.

Point One countered by how awesome they look:
iceclimber_03.jpg

Point Two countered by: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YtFaTsn5apQ

And Dr.Hadji, yeah I knew the technique couldn't be banned period =/ It's one of those "do so until you're just not breaking the rules" things. ICs are incredibly hard to balance I guess. But they are the most interesting characters of the bunch.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Haunted One said:

Don't have any awesome attacks?! I love turning people into ice! Or using that home run bat swing.

Haunted One said:
useless/replaced by Ike/always was too similar to Fox, imo. out, out and out.

get rid of the old stuff and bring more new blood into the mix, I say! :D

Oh I'm not defending any of those three choices (I think they're all out as well). But fans of those characters can probably smell their imminent deaths are are desperately hoping against hope that Ice Climbers are out instead. Not to say you're one of those people =P

NeonZ

Oh I'm not defending any of those three choices (I think they're all out as well). But fans of those characters can probably smell their imminent deaths are are desperately hoping against hope that Ice Climbers are out instead. Not to say you're one of those people =P

At this point, after seeing Ike's attacks and the generic FE stage, I'll be really surprised if Marth is out... AND I want the Ice Climbers to stay in the game too (but I think the Ice Climbers should get a Pit-like character redesign to boost their popularity - "cute" characters only are popular if associated with a great game, and the IC kind of lack that association).

Haunted

After seeing Ike, I'm willing to bet that Marth is out, to be replaced by a FE character that doesn't resemble Ike so closely as Marth does (or the other way around, if you like). That actually increases Lyn's chances over someone like, say, Sigurd.

Firestorm said:
Point One countered by how awesome they look:

Point Two countered by: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YtFaTsn5apQ
It's all subjective, of course. I'll concede that the ice block attack was pretty nifty, but I still don't like them. I mean, their names are Popo and Nana.. Popo literally means 'ass' in my language - coincidence? I think not. :p

Danthrax said:
Agreed. :)
I still think Sheik is out.

EktorPR

Haunted One said:
After seeing Ike, I'm willing to bet that Marth is out, to be replaced by a FE character that doesn't resemble Ike so closely as Marth does (or the other way around, if you like). That actually increases Lyn's chances over someone like, say, Sigurd.

It's all subjective, of course. I'll concede that the ice block attack was pretty nifty, but I still don't like them. I mean, their names are Popo and Nana.. Popo literally means 'ass' in my language - coincidence? I think not. :p

Agreed. :)
I still think Sheik is out.

:lol

From which great country of Latin America you join us, oh Haunted One?

Also, I agree with your stance on Marth not returning...I mean, if they're going to keep any of the two FE fighters from Melee, they should keep Roy. *puts on flame-resistant suit* AND...well, the fact that Ike is much, much cooler than both should keep Marth away, at least. :D

Haunted

EktorPR said:
:lol

From which great country of Latin America you join us, oh Haunted One?

Also, I agree with your stance on Marth not returning...I mean, if they're going to keep any of the two FE fighters from Melee, they should keep Roy. *puts on flame-resistant suit* AND...well, the fact that Ike is much, much cooler than both should keep Marth away, at least. :D
:lol Germany.

Roy would also fit the bill, yes. I've never played FE6, but I think Eliwood from FE7 was his father, right? They can get Eliwood in there, he also has red hair. Although... Smash does need some more female fighters, so my vote for second FE character would actually go to Lyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom