• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj1108

It’s tough to know what to call Yoshi—some call him a dragon, others a dinosaur. Some people don’t know WHAT he is.

But whatever you call him, Yoshi’s true power will be seen here!

yoshi_070823a-l.jpg

He’s gotten the oft-mentioned Smash Ball!

yoshi_070823b-l.jpg

W-wings!

yoshi_070823c-l.jpg

He starts spewing out a jet of fire...

yoshi_070823d-l.jpg

But you can also press the button to spit out fireballs!

It feels like, um...beauty and elegance...mixed with clumsiness. Certainly, no one’s ever seen Yoshi like this!

Being able to fly around is nice, as is giving undivided attention to his attacks. Yoshi can live as he likes, for a brief period of time.

yoshi_070823e-l.jpg

Oh, to think it’s already over...

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
AC Yeah! It will be good to fight to this music.

wtf at Yoshi Wings. They're just making shit up! Maybe they're sort of making fun of him, since in the past two games he only had those two jumps.

As I sit and enjoy this song, it reminds me of one phrase in particular...

"Heroes always arrive late."

Hmm ... the use of this phrase here makes me wonder if it's a sly hint that an Animal Crossing character will be in the game, just "arriving late" to being unveiled on the site :)

Jiggy

I wonder if this music plays only when K.K. Slider is there, or all the time in Smashville.
Whatever the case, one thing I know: I must unlock the sound test as soon as possible.

RagnarokX said:
"Certainly, no one’s ever seen Yoshi like this!"

Um... didn't this pretty much happen in SMW whenever Yoshi ate a multicolored shell?
Well, the wings weren't near this huge, anyway. >_>

Does anyone else think that Bomberman has a better chance of being in Brawl than Mega Man? Mega Man was in Marvel vs. Capcom and Bomberman was a Nintendo staple for years.

AniHawk

superbank said:
AC Yeah! It will be good to fight to this music.

wtf at Yoshi Wings. They're just making shit up! Maybe they're sort of making fun of him, since in the past two games he only had those two jumps.

If you swallowed a red shell in SMW, Yoshi got wings and could spit fire.

Somnid

There was also a powerup that gave Yoshi wings. How do people not remember this stuff? Blue Yoshi was almost required to get certain secret exits and made several levels a lot easier.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
superbank said:
wtf at Yoshi Wings. They're just making shit up!

:lol :lol :lol
post of the day?
:lol :lol

Honestly, haven't you played super mario world?

Jiggy

I think the wings that came out of the item boxes just transported you to a bonus level in the clouds, then dropped you off near the end of the stage... Can't quite remember, though.

Not really liking the quality of the music. I hope all of the music so far is placeholder until they take it to an orchestra of some sort or get way better quality samples. :p

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Yoshi shell powers.

Green shell - spits out a shell.

Red shell - spits out three fireballs.

Blue shell - flies (with little wings)

Yellow shell - stomps up dustclouds (which kill any enemies in the vacinity)

Flashing yellow shells - flies, stomps dustclouds, AND spits out fireballs

The final smash is pretty much derived from Super Mario World.

Somnid said:
There was also a powerup that gave Yoshi wings. How do people not remember this stuff? Blue Yoshi was almost required to get certain secret exits and made several levels a lot easier.

I've also forgotten how amazing SMW is.

Jiggy

On another note, before today, the three types of updates we'd gone without the longest were a new stage (longest), new music (second), and a new final smash (third). That knocks out two of those, so I'm seriously expecting a stage tomorrow. >_>

Date of Lies said:
we must have not played the same mario world because I don't remember him ever having wings.

Well you missed out. Yoshi in SMW gets wings when you keep a blue shell in your mouth and is able to fly until Yoshi swallows it. Blue Yoshi can do this with any color shell, and when a blue Yoshi eats a blue shell it can place the shell back on the ground (making it so whenever Yoshi is about to swallow it, you can just make him put it back on the ground and eat it again, thus giving you potential infinite wings)

Go K.K. Rider! is one of my favorites Animal Crossing songs, very psyched to hear it remixed. I'm going to be playing a lot of Saturday night matches in Smashville.

All these retro throwbacks are really swell. I can't want to see Blue Yoshi do the final smash for the full nostalgia effect. (Blue Yoshi was always my favorite color in SMW)

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
On another note, before today, the three types of updates we'd gone without the longest were a new stage (longest), new music (second), and a new final smash (third). That knocks out two of those, so I'm seriously expecting a stage tomorrow. >_>
Stages usually come on Friday (not always, but usually) so yeah, I'm with you on that prediction.

Zeed

Banned
gimz said:
how can i download the all songs at once instead of one by one?

i register but then what? :/
Here for the rewards program? Here's how it works: you register an account, go to your user control panel, and get our special tracking links. You can use these links anywhere-- on forums in your sigs, on myspace profiles, livejournal, your aim profile, absolutely anywhere. The more people click on your links, the better the rewards get. At the moment the rewards system allows you to view soundtracks with direct links, but we've got even more planned for the future. Sign up today! It's all free, and it all starts with simply registering for Galbadia Hotel.
For the record, I don't deal with that bullshit. I only ever want one or two songs from a game anyway, and the links I'm feeding you don't benefit me. I don't hold with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom