• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaByte

dfyb said:
a guy i knew thought yoshi was a duck, named joshi. joshi the duck

i guess he was right after all... :(
x1pyOKpfgDESZ5j0OFHKGK1i2sGsfPXTu_6QK6prfstDLmjrxLmiAJn4OMT4uXITra6Z_4YpSSevXzYJRJeqqAlwCADZn4P-VNILqB_Hk4baa8oU8D2mY4xEEqAc4CogTCS

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Man the midi is getting worse and worse, I really am hoping they're samples of the music and not the final versions. Of course aside from KK's voice in this one.

ZeoVGM

Banned
QuickKick89 said:
For those that don't know "Go K.K. Rider" is inspired by the legendary Japanese hero Kamen Rider. That's why it's so awesome.

Just the song title or is the actual song melody influenced by it?

RagnarokX

Jiggy37 said:
I think the wings that came out of the item boxes just transported you to a bonus level in the clouds, then dropped you off near the end of the stage... Can't quite remember, though.
they turn whatever color yoshi you are riding into a blue yoshi and send you to a bonus stage. Durring the bonus yoshi's wings are infinite and after the stage you get to keep the blue yoshi.

usea

SuperAngelo64 said:
I TOLD YOU GUYS!!!
Well, for the record you were wrong. You said "yoshi isn't a dinosaur, he's a dragon." This update said "yoshi can be thought of as either one." So you were wrong.

Zeed

Banned
usea said:
Well, for the record you were wrong.
No, sorry, you're actually the one that's wrong.

Masahiro Sakurai said:
It’s tough to know what to call Yoshi—some call him a dragon, others a dinosaur. Some people don’t know WHAT he is.
What Sakurai is saying is that it's difficult to know what to call Yoshi - implying that there IS in fact a correct identification. He then explains that some people call Yoshi a lot of different things, and some of them don't know what he is at all. This is to emphasize not that Yoshi can be correctly called any of those things, but in his own words, that "It's tough to know what to call Yoshi".

However, Sakurai does tell us which is correct. Look at the title of the move:

Super Dragon

You fail.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I went to a computer with capabilities of playing audio and that KK Rider kicks so much. Yeah, I will be rather disappointed if an Animal Crossing character was not in Brawl after hearing that song now.

Zeed

Banned
Firestorm said:
It was a stab at the retardness that is the phrase "You Fail"
Oh the irony.

In all seriousness, "You Fail" is just another way to say "You're Wrong", which I already used. If I want to reiterate a point I prefer to vary the phrasing a little.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Zeed said:
No, sorry, you're actually the one that's wrong.

What Sakurai is saying is that it's difficult to know what to call Yoshi - implying that there IS in fact a correct identification. He then explains that some people call Yoshi a lot of different things, and some of them don't know what he is at all. This is to emphasize not that Yoshi can be correctly called any of those things, but in his own words, that "It's tough to know what to call Yoshi".

However, Sakurai does tell us which is correct. Look at the title of the move:

Super Dragon

You fail.

:lol

I have always thought of Yoshi as a dinosaur, not sure why, but as I couldn't read Japanese I could never quite verify what he was, ah well, dragons are cooler than dinosaurs :)

Also, I like the final smash, SMW fanservice ahoy! :)

Can anyone link the "Heroes always arrive late" line to anything? Is it meant to be a reference to the late updates for new challengers? Or could it be a hint that an Animal Crossing character is going to make the roster?

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Cosmonaut X said:
Can anyone link the "Heroes always arrive late" line to anything? Is it meant to be a reference to the late updates for new challengers? Or could it be a hint that an Animal Crossing character is going to make the roster?

Same here but add "could it be a reference to Kamen Rider?"

Zeed

Banned
Cosmonaut X said:
Can anyone link the "Heroes always arrive late" line to anything?
It's just an old saying, as far as I know, referring to the fact that heroes always seem to arrive when disaster is already ensuing. Could be that the saying was used in Kamen Rider? Or maybe it's just a whim of Sakurai.

But, uh...there is this:

http://www.apple.com/games/articles/2006/12/armado/
“How do you know I’m the hero?” Armado asks, his voice laced with skepticism. “Because they’re always late, but they always arrive just in time,” the fox replies.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Cosmonaut X said:

Maybe it means that the Animal Crossing character is either a secret character or that they won't reveal him until way later.

gimz

it will be cool if KK be one of the new character, and only playable when its on Saturday Night/ or cant use him on Saturday Night because of his show every weekend :lol

kamikaze

yay, nice update...that means friday will be weak. ;)

gimz said:
it will be cool if KK be one of the new character, and only playable when its on Saturday Night/ or cant use him on Saturday Night because of his show every weekend :lol

hah, that'd be great. competitive kk players couldn't play in non-saturday night tournaments. :D

Scribble

Marth most likely won't get cut, guys. He's the first FE Lord and iconic to the franchise. I believe Japan will get the preference when getting another Lord. And they probably wouldn't want Lyn.

Dark Ninja said:
MUSIC!!

Animal Crossing: Go K.K. Rider

AND

Yoshi: Final Smash

This music is AWESOME !!!

And Yoshi with Wings looks fabolous.

Awwwwwww. This game should be declared GOTY. In practice it's a game for hardcore-fans-only !!

jj984jj said:
Man the midi is getting worse and worse, I really am hoping they're samples of the music and not the final versions. Of course aside from KK's voice in this one.

Who cares ? The music is wonderful. Only one thing: the quality has to be high, not like in Twilight Princess, where there were problem to hear something.
Hear the music and stop complain, as long as it's wonderful like that.

jts

...hate me...
dragon_feces said:
Blue Yoshi can do this with any color shell, and when a blue Yoshi eats a blue shell it can place the shell back on the ground (making it so whenever Yoshi is about to swallow it, you can just make him put it back on the ground and eat it again, thus giving you potential infinite wings)
Any Yoshi, except the red one which always spits balls of fire, could spit the shell back to the ground and then put it again in the mouth. This is valid for green, blue or yellow shells. Red and multicolored ones make any Yoshi spit balls of fire.

Oh and wtf to Kid Icarus' size wings.

PkunkFury

wow this is my favorite update yet! Two updates in one and yoshi's may top character. can't wait to try the final smash. Plus I love Animal Crossing and KK Rider sounds great. I hope we get more than one AC tune, though. There are so many good songs in the game

PkunkFury

So who else thinks that you might unlock the AC character (most likely K.K. himself) when you play in Smashville at 8:00?

Also, funny enough, today was Kazumi Totaka's birthday

Tommorrow is Kojima's...

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Scribble said:
Marth most likely won't get cut, guys. He's the first FE Lord and iconic to the franchise. I believe Japan will get the preference when getting another Lord. And they probably wouldn't want Lyn.
Well they can go to hell, then.

My prognostication is that Marth will be in if there are 3 FE spots in the game. If not, he won't. The second spot will go to someone more far-removed from Ike stylistically (ie not a blue-haired swordsman).

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
:lol awesome updates.

I love that the K.K. voice is in, and SMW Yoshi on crack was not what I expected from a final smash (I expected some sort of mega egg)

Super Kiyoro! (sp?)

Awesome, I love Yoshi's final smash, and now he has a triple jump.
I'm an even HAPPIER Yoshi user now!

(forget the "low tier" crap, I seriously, SERIOUSLY, kicked ass with Yoshi in Melee)

PkunkFury said:
So who else thinks that you might unlock the AC character (most likely K.K. himself) when you play in Smashville at 8:00?

Also, funny enough, today was Kazumi Totaka's birthday

Tommorrow is Kojima's...

Interesting... good things have happened on Sakurai and Totaka's birthdays...

AniHawk said:
If you swallowed a red shell in SMW, Yoshi got wings and could spit fire.

No. When Yoshi swallowed a red shell, it could only spit fire. When you swallowed a blue shell, you could fly. You're right only if you're talking about a blue Yoshi.

Firestorm

ShockingAlberto said:
Unless you're over the age of fifteen. :p

I'm 19 and didn't know.
Sega Genesis owners, we need to create some sort of support group so we don't get mauled.

Zeed said:
Oh the irony.

In all seriousness, "You Fail" is just another way to say "You're Wrong", which I already used. If I want to reiterate a point I prefer to vary the phrasing a little.

I blame jet lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom