• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeed

Banned
NeonZ said:
Huh... If you want to be so technical...
I have never been technical. Micaiah is not a Lord. That's very simple and very clear. You're the one trying to confuse the issue by arguing that she's technically something she's not.

the Ike in Smash bros isn't a Lord either, he's based on Ike's 'Ranger' design, not his 'Lord' design.
The visual design of the SSBB characters are completely superficial. As someone else already pointed out concerning Link and Zelda, these characters are their own iterations when used in SSBB (not to mention that I expect his Lord outfit to be an alternate costume). The character being a Lord or not would absolutely be a consideration when choosing someone to add in the first place - design comes later.

It doesn't matter what the character's class is called, what matters is how important the character is to the original game.
I have already conceded that if they do add someone from FE10 it's most likely to be Micaiah, but she does not have the same kind of omnipresent significance that the Lords of previous games do. She is one main character among many, and though she may have the most chapters, she is no Lord, neither in name nor in the sense that we associate it with.

Also her sister is way cooler than she is (
too bad Sanaki has a snowball's chance in hell of getting in
).

imo opinion Micaiah would be more fun than another generic sword-wielding lord.

plus, hawt. Oh shi- did I just say that? What is this thread doing to me? :[

Zeed

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
imo opinion Micaiah would be more fun than another generic sword-wielding lord.
Are you implying that Lyn is "generic"?

Because if so then on the flip side I could say that Lyn would be a lot more fun than another generic female magic user.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Best rumor yet!:

"Super Smash Bros. Brawl does not exist

Before I explain. If you do not want to be dissapointed on the launch day, if you do not want to understand the horrible truth, then I suggest you click back, because this will shock you.

First, a little about myself. I am a huge fan of smash bros, ever since me and my friends played a 4player match in SSB64, we were hooked. I bought Melee on launch day, played it with my friends to the death to it all. We can never get tired of it. I have been to a few tournaments, suffice to say I'm no competitive player, but a player who likes to explore and experiment with the game mechanics with his friends. I have gotten to the point where I can adapt to any item/stage layout in the game. And when brawl was announced I had set a life goal to check the smash bro dojo every night, I have tailored my schedule to see fit that I am to be right on time for the new updates.

My uncle works for Nintendo of America and is in the team who is responsible for translating and marketing of SSBB in North America. Of course you may expect proof, some sort of bogus prediction list, etc. However my uncle would not spoil the next update, nor would he spoil the entire character roster. I liked it that way. I would always get exited talking to him and even hitting him up for a smash or two. Me and my uncle are very close. But I am not here to convince you that I have relations to the Brawl project.

One day after the Diddy Kong update I had called my Uncle to chat with him about how interesting it was. Because I had loved playing DKC back in my SNES days. My uncle however was abit strange, "There's something I have to tell you." Those words are still glued to my mind as I type this.

After a long talk and few questions. It became clear, Brawl does not exist, it is a hoax, a ploy to trick many of you people. After the release of Melee, the developers had noticed that their game was treated as some sort of competive sport of some sort. They were astonished, they made Melee to be a fun party fighting game, mayhem and fun were the essence of melee. Not some game where using glitches in stages like final destination with no items on.

The developers were right in my oppinion. This game isn't KoF, Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter, it's Super Smash Bros. However, I thought this was too ignorant. People can play the game in thier own way and however they want. But my uncle had simply sighed and said the developers were tired of being hassled by tourney players to keep wave dashing, to BASICALLY have the same game, just better visuals and perhaps different characters.

Sakurai and his team were tired of this. They decided to change brawl completly. However, Sakurai had a better idea. He would simply design an engine with wii graphics tacked on, design some character models and stages, take screenshots, without bothering to design the actual gameplay. They would delay it right before the release date and keep delaying til the point it would be cancelled. This would harm some of the casual players or non competitive players such as my self. But to Sakurai it was worth it.

Skimming through all of these topics had saddened me knowing these were all false hopes and dreams. I even spotted a topic of people DREAMING about playing brawl one day. I couldn't take it anymore, I must give you all the truth.

I know many you may not believe me, but I could not believe it myself until later on the day. Sure, call me a troll or liar, say my uncle is screwing with me, but from the depths of my heart, everything that I have written here is the cold hard truth. Super Smash Bros Brawl, does not exist. It is a hoax, Sakurai is avenging to what many tourney players have done to melee. He is tired of people expecting rehashed sequels, and some game sport that relies on bugs and glitches for tactics.

Super Smash Bros Brawl does not exist."

NeonZ

I have never been technical. Micaiah is not a Lord. That's very simple and very clear. You're the one trying to confuse the issue by arguing that she's technically something she's not.

You've been doing it.

Micaiah does absolutely everything that a lord unit does, besides wielding a rapier and being called a lord, during the first fourth of the game and even in some later chapters too as the exclusive leader of the playable army- just like a lord.

The visual design of the SSBB characters are completely superficial. As someone else already pointed out concerning Link and Zelda, these characters are their own iterations when used in SSBB

That's a completely inadequate example. Zelda and Link are generic representations in SSBM because there isn't a singular Zelda/Link, but many. They're a complete exception compared to other characters in this game.

The character being a Lord or not would absolutely be a consideration when choosing someone to add in the first place - design comes later.
The character having the function of main character/lord is what should be considered, not the tag given to him.

She is one main character among many, and though she may have the most chapters, she is no Lord, neither in name nor in the sense that we associate it with.

Among many?
The only person remotely compared to her is Ike, and that's mainly due to his importance in the final battle.

Only Micaiah has an entire part of the game focused on her, the others always share it with other people too. Besides, even though it's just a 'part' of a larger game, it's big enough to get first tier promotions for the new units.

Micaiah is much closer to a real lord than Miss Tutorial, who, after her little introductory part ends, gets reduced to a talking head with absolutely no importance to the main plot and whose only special ability as a lord after the tutorial is giving a "Game Over" to the player.

ggnoobIGN said:
Best rumor yet!:

"Super Smash Bros. Brawl does not exist

Before I explain. If you do not want to be dissapointed on the launch day, if you do not want to understand the horrible truth, then I suggest you click back, because this will shock you.

First, a little about myself. I am a huge fan of smash bros, ever since me and my friends played a 4player match in SSB64, we were hooked. I bought Melee on launch day, played it with my friends to the death to it all. We can never get tired of it. I have been to a few tournaments, suffice to say I'm no competitive player, but a player who likes to explore and experiment with the game mechanics with his friends. I have gotten to the point where I can adapt to any item/stage layout in the game. And when brawl was announced I had set a life goal to check the smash bro dojo every night, I have tailored my schedule to see fit that I am to be right on time for the new updates.

My uncle works for Nintendo of America and is in the team who is responsible for translating and marketing of SSBB in North America. Of course you may expect proof, some sort of bogus prediction list, etc. However my uncle would not spoil the next update, nor would he spoil the entire character roster. I liked it that way. I would always get exited talking to him and even hitting him up for a smash or two. Me and my uncle are very close. But I am not here to convince you that I have relations to the Brawl project.

One day after the Diddy Kong update I had called my Uncle to chat with him about how interesting it was. Because I had loved playing DKC back in my SNES days. My uncle however was abit strange, "There's something I have to tell you." Those words are still glued to my mind as I type this.

After a long talk and few questions. It became clear, Brawl does not exist, it is a hoax, a ploy to trick many of you people. After the release of Melee, the developers had noticed that their game was treated as some sort of competive sport of some sort. They were astonished, they made Melee to be a fun party fighting game, mayhem and fun were the essence of melee. Not some game where using glitches in stages like final destination with no items on.

The developers were right in my oppinion. This game isn't KoF, Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter, it's Super Smash Bros. However, I thought this was too ignorant. People can play the game in thier own way and however they want. But my uncle had simply sighed and said the developers were tired of being hassled by tourney players to keep wave dashing, to BASICALLY have the same game, just better visuals and perhaps different characters.

Sakurai and his team were tired of this. They decided to change brawl completly. However, Sakurai had a better idea. He would simply design an engine with wii graphics tacked on, design some character models and stages, take screenshots, without bothering to design the actual gameplay. They would delay it right before the release date and keep delaying til the point it would be cancelled. This would harm some of the casual players or non competitive players such as my self. But to Sakurai it was worth it.

Skimming through all of these topics had saddened me knowing these were all false hopes and dreams. I even spotted a topic of people DREAMING about playing brawl one day. I couldn't take it anymore, I must give you all the truth.

I know many you may not believe me, but I could not believe it myself until later on the day. Sure, call me a troll or liar, say my uncle is screwing with me, but from the depths of my heart, everything that I have written here is the cold hard truth. Super Smash Bros Brawl, does not exist. It is a hoax, Sakurai is avenging to what many tourney players have done to melee. He is tired of people expecting rehashed sequels, and some game sport that relies on bugs and glitches for tactics.

Super Smash Bros Brawl does not exist."

owned-1.gif

Kreed

Koomaster said:
Hmm, wonder if the character takes fire damage from that as well. You appear to be engulfed in flames. It'd be a trade off of not having to activate the flames yourself.

I doubt it. When Kirby ate curry in Kirby's Dream Land he would flash colors and run faster in addition to constantly shooting fire balls. Sakurai has just replaced the flashing colors with flames. The curry item had no negative side effects on Kirby in Kirby's Dream Land, so I doubt Sakurai will add any negative affects to the item in Brawl.

Zeed

Banned
NeonZ said:
Micaiah is much closer to a real lord than Miss Tutorial
It just so happens that "Miss Tutorial" actually *gasp* has more screen time in her game than either Roy or Hector! She's an integral part of the plot and if you're trying to claim otherwise, you're flat out in denial.

Micaiah is important, yes, but so is, say, Elincia. Elincia's got her own section too, and could be considered just as much of a Lord under the loose terms you've defined. There are large chunks of the game where Micaiah is not even an issue. And really, who can deny that in the end it's really
Ike who is the hero? I don't see Micaiah taking out The Black Knight and the Goddess Herself

But Sp0rsk is right, this is a retarded argument and if we keep this up I fear that Sakurai might end up leaving us with Marth and Ike alone. Have your rebuttal and have done, I'm finished discussing Micaiah.

Tonight, I predict Pokemon Stadium!

Haunted

GamerSoul said:
I predict: Returning vet(I'm feeling C.Falcony) or Peach Specials.
I lost all hope for a stage.
I actually want to predict a returning character - Ness, Luigi or Captain Falcon, but I just know that the Mario Kart stage will be updated when I change my prediction so...

Mario Kart stage.

Haunted

effzee said:
so no marth right?

this might force me to actually learn to play with more than one character. oh how i loved marth!
there are some holdouts (well, one) saying he's not gone, but I think Marth is out, yes.

don't argue with me, zeed. :p

EktorPR

My God, yesterday's update was underwhelming, to say the least.

Hopefully today will be a STAGE: Poké Stadium or Metroid Prime-related.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
SuperAngelo64 said:
But seriously folks... I'm here all night.
Luckily we only have to endure it for another hour and a half.

Anyway, just to keep the nightly vigil for something EarthBound related, I'm hoping for Ness or an EB stage, although to coincide with Prime 3's release I'm expecting something Metroid related, a Metroid stage perhaps.

Zeed said:
Have your laugh now, for Sakurai and I shall have the last one.
Seriously though why do you think their will be any more FE characters added?

Sure the game could use more female characters, but this isn't exactly a FE game.

Haunted

Mario Kart stage, bitches!

Actually, this is probably an unlockable stage so we won't get it until after release (or does that only apply to characters?)

Alternatively, it's finally time for Ness.

JohnTinker said:
Luckily we only have to endure it for another hour and a half.
:lol I didn't want to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom