• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Zeed said:
I just had a spontaneous thought. Now that SSBB's getting a storyline (and Sakurai's probably going to go do his own thing for a while at least), why not hand the IP to IntSys and make Super Smash Bros. Tactics? Fire Emblem, but with Nintendo allstars!

Eugh God I hope not. That would be taking Nintendo fanboyism to a ridiculously lame level.

Haunted

ShockingAlberto said:
Whoa, SSB64 ran a lot smoother than I remember.
.gif made with an emulator, I guess.

Zeed said:
I just had a spontaneous thought. Now that SSBB's getting a storyline (and Sakurai's probably going to go do his own thing for a while at least), why not hand the IP to IntSys and make Super Smash Bros. Tactics? Fire Emblem, but with Nintendo allstars!
I know it's sad... but I'd buy it.

IntSys' resources/talents are better spent elsewhere, though. :)

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Raging Spaniard said:
Eugh God I hope not. That would be taking Nintendo fanboyism to a ridiculously lame level.

You probably would have said the same thing when they announced Smash bros for the N64.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Hcoregamer00 said:
You probably would have said the same thing when they announced Smash bros for the N64.

No, I didnt, I was excited. Characters fighting in real time = cool

And I like strategy games, but I dont need every genre to be populated with Nintendo All-Stars

Hcoregamer00

Raging Spaniard said:
No, I didnt, I was excited. Characters fighting in real time = cool

And I like strategy games, but I dont need every genre to be populated with Nintendo All-Stars

If Namco x Capcom can be made into a decent strategy RPG, I can't see why they can't make a good Nintendo one.

GamerSoul

I found Lyn's Sol Katti animations. :D
lyn_bladelord_solkatti.gif

lyn_bladelord_bow.gif

10.gif

Zeed

Banned
GamerSoul said:
I found Lyn's Sol Katti animations. :D
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/Challenger09/lyn_bladelord_solkatti.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/Challenger09/lyn_bladelord_bow.gif[/MG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/Ice_Dragon/Fire%20Emblem%207/Allies/Lyn/10.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Poetry in motion.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Here's something to look at while we wait for tomorrows update: (not made by me)

Hardcore Super Smash players:

birthday.png

6ffwfth.gif

Zeed

Banned
WildArms said:
Here's something to look at while we wait for tomorrows update: (not made by me)

Hardcore Super Smash players:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/DeepFriedAsian/birthday.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i11.tinypic.com/6ffwfth.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
To continue with the analogies, perhaps boxing should be done with baseball bats and UZIs randomly thrown into the ring.

Listen, it's very simple - some people have fun romping around with items, and that's cool. Other people have fun in a contest based solely on skill, and that's cool too.

The thing is, you almost never find hardcore players preaching that their way is the only proper way for everyone to play. The fucking pro-item elitists are without question the most annoying SSBB fans ever.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Zeed said:
To continue with the analogies, perhaps boxing should be done with baseball bats and UZIs randomly thrown into the ring.

Listen, it's very simple - some people have fun romping around with items, and that's cool. Other people have fun in a contest based solely on skill, and that's cool too.

The thing is, you almost never find hardcore players preaching that their way is the only proper way for everyone to play. The fucking pro-item elitists are without question the most annoying SSBB fans ever.

I agree. Don't forget the picture isn't my opinion, I just posted it as I found it quite funny anyway.

I personally enjoy both Final Destination with no items (2 Player), and Poke Floats with all Items on Medium (4 Player).

But there's one thing awfully wrong with Melee. There needs to be a way to trun off crates and barrels. For example, If I want to have a Super Scope only match, I MEAN I want to have a Super Scope only match. Not a friggin match where theres explosive crates and barrels everywhere. Please Nintendo change this for Brawl. Please.

Haunted

:lol love those comics.

Zeed said:

you called? :D

And comparing SSB to a birthday party is much more apt then comparing it to a clinically clean sport like boxing, i
n
m
y
o
pinion

MasterAJ22 said:
those two comics were so funny..did you draw those or am i just LTTP? haha.
Thank you so much! Until this moment, I couldn't figure out for the life of me what "LTTP" stood for if not "link to the past." There's nothing like context...

Anyway, it looks like we're not getting voice acting for the cutscenes. No surprise, but it seems like such a step back after MP3. I realize Nintendo prides itself on its silent heroes, and I understand that completely, but why can't supporting characters like Palutena speak?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
sp0rsk said:
This is the first thread to have over 1 million views.
Thats nuts if true... Id be curious to see the view count for the official RE4 thread for gamecube. That sucker was still going like a year later haha.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Yay for the million views! This thread will pierce the heavens!

Btw, Sonic confirmed
courtesy of Smash Bros Mojo
:D

We really should keep an eye on that site!

Zeed

Banned
WildArms said:
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1875/fdwaldobt2.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Oh shit.

[QUOTE=Mistouze]Yay for the million views! This thread will pierce the heavens!

Btw, [URL="http://www.mojo.rick-gardiner.com/items/item05.html"]Sonic[/URL] confirmed [spoiler] courtesy of Smash Bros Mojo [/spoiler] :D

We really should keep an eye on that site![/QUOTE]
That's actually the second time [URL="http://www.mojo.rick-gardiner.com/stages/stage04.html"]Sonic's been revealed on the Mojo[/URL]. Which is, of course, what makes it funny. I bet they're going to do a few more Sonic entries.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The closest is, not surprisingly, the post pictures of yourself thread with 800 somethign thousand views.

Zeed

Banned
BrandNew said:
It shall be closed soon, I can feel it.
That'd accomplish nothing but usher in a successor thread where absolutely nothing but a few arbitrary numbers would change. No reason to close this one until the Dojo stops updating.

In any case, this week started off well, so I think we're going to have something pretty good tonight, followed by a new trailer on Wednesday after they show it at their conference.

Jiggy

Zeed said:
The truly great thing about it would be that without needing to design anything more than stat growths and a couple attack animations per character, they could probably have a cast of like 70 and include all sorts of characters.

But 60+ would be male anyway just to spite me and Hcoregamer00. :(

Haunted

Can't wait for the new character in a few hours.

I see 2 golden frogs, guys (quoted ones do count) - better be quick about it.

GamerSoul

Jiggy37 said:
The truly great thing about it would be that without needing to design anything more than stat growths and a couple attack animations per character, they could probably have a cast of like 70 and include all sorts of characters.

But 60+ would be male anyway just to spite me and Hcoregamer00. :(

Nah. if IS is involved, there probably will be a pretty good balance between the units. I've always thought they did a nice job with that.

Zeed

Banned
Haunted One said:

I see 2 golden frogs, guys (quoted ones do count) - better be quick about it.
No they don't. I was saying "oh shit" because I saw it turn into a frog. I'll edit it out anyway if it offends your eyes.

GamerSoul said:
Nah. if IS is involved, there probably will be a pretty good balance between the units. I've always thought they did a nice job with that.
Not to mention in a strategy RPG with a cast of, say, 60-70 characters they'd have a lot more freedom of choosing characters than in a fighter. We'd probably get Goddesses like Palutena, Din, Nayru, etc. Imagine Fox in his Arwing as an aerial unit, Samus as the equivalent of a caster (range and melee), Link as a bow/swordsman...man...

Hcoregamer00

Haunted One said:

I hope we get something totally awesome and unexpected.

No, I am not talking about Animal Crossing characters like Tom Nook (although it would be nice to kick his ass).

DSN2K

I sat and read this entire thread a few days back, took a hour or so but my word has Nintendo filled this game with content, there is so much new stuff its untrue. :D

GamerSoul

I predict a strange item or a character for tonight. Can't stay up to see though. I know that we'll get atleast a character this week.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Lucas/Ness (tossup), or Tom Nook tonight!!

I still think those are our last four starter characters. :)

MrCheez said:
Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Lucas/Ness (tossup), or Tom Nook tonight!!

I still think those are our last four starter characters. :)

I still think that Tom Nook will not be playable, but the PCs from AC will be.

Imagine - what if you could take the Bucket trophy, put it on their head as an accessory, and just totally customize everything about them?

Wow, a million views! I wonder how many views and replies this thread will reach by the time the official thread is made?

My prediction for tonight: Something completely random that no one will expect (kinda like the stickers).

Haunted

Zeed said:
We don't, Haunted One is just trying to jinx it. And he's doing a pretty good job if you ask me.
;_;

Zeed said:
No they don't. I was saying "oh shit" because I saw it turn into a frog. I'll edit it out anyway if it offends your eyes.
I don't care about the frogs, I just didn't want to see you banned. :D

The next update is the Mario Kart stage Captain Falcon. Y'all can thank me later for telling you beforehand. Maybe we'll even get the new knee shown in one of the screenshots.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
A Link to the Snitch said:
I still think that Tom Nook will not be playable, but the PCs from AC will be.

Imagine - what if you could take the Bucket trophy, put it on their head as an accessory, and just totally customize everything about them?

It's not a bad idea, but I'd really prefer to just get playable "Miis" if we're going to have a customizable character along those lines. :) Would be so awesome if they did this and you could just load up a Mii of your choice...

ShockingAlberto said:
I'll predict....Chozo Ruins tonight.

Man if that was the Metroid stage, it would have the potential to be the most beautiful stage ever. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom