• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES! Most of these look great. A bit disappointed about the BRD one (mainly cause I was hoping the AF+1 would be the armor that Yoshi-P's character wears) but no matter. All the gear they have added looks so great!

The Halloween event is going to a lot of fun this year too..

They really do look good. Like I have said already, the art-design in this game is phenomenal.

Moaradin

I played during 1.x

I'm confused how this works. I played the game after the subscriptions got disabled, so I don't think I will be eligible for legacy since I wasn't able to subscribe to the game back then, but will I have to buy the game again? My account says FF14 was registered Aug 02, 2011.

So confusing.

Catboy person pride!

Also very nice! :D I'm hovering over the buy now button for the Amazon Standard Edition but... 22€ for early access... I... must not... give in...

I played during 1.x

I'm confused how this works. I played the game after the subscriptions got disabled, so I don't think I will be eligible for legacy since I wasn't able to subscribe to the game back then, but will I have to buy the game again?

So confusing.

You don't have to buy anything and will get two weeks of free play time, afterwards you only have to pay the subs :)

Salaadin

I played during 1.x

I'm confused how this works. I played the game after the subscriptions got disabled, so I don't think I will be eligible for legacy since I wasn't able to subscribe to the game back then, but will I have to buy the game again? My account says FF14 was registered Aug 02, 2011.

So confusing.

If you own 1.0, you get the ARR upgrade for free.

2San

Looking at the Scholar class it seems to have pretty beastly buffs. How does he compare to a White Mage?

Can other classes equip the Fey Glow skill?

I'm still not sure if I want this. I played a little bit of the beta and it just felt like a typical MMORPG formula. Granted, I only played for a few levels so I didn't experience a lot of other things. Does the game open up in unique ways later on?

gribbles

Banned
Looking at the Scholar class it seems to have pretty beastly buffs. How does he compare to a White Mage?

Can other classes equip the Fey Glow skill?

White Mage is specialized for heavy tank damage, while Scholar is more suited for group healing.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
800520754.jpg

Meow.

We don't know yet. Looking at the abilities it does has less healing potency in it's skills, but most of the has damage mitigation. More than a WHM substitute seems a healer that complements well with one.

Of course this is just speculation.

2San

White Mage is specialized for heavy tank damage, while Scholar is more suited for group healing.
For raids and groups, does one have a preference over the other? What is the party limit anyhow?
We don't know yet. Looking at the abilities it does has less healing potency in it's skills, but most of the has damage mitigation. More than a WHM substitute seems a healer that complements well with one.

Of course this is just speculation.
Ah ok, I can't imagine having both classes in a group.

edit: Ah I see the party size is depended on content.

Still if you look at a 8 or 24 man party, does that mean the entire 8/24 man party gets the buffs?

30% skill or spell speed buff is insane.

Baleoce

Making a last minute decision to switch from Galkadyn to Tarufell on my Legacy character. I want to bring my FFXI character in HD. Thank god for the Phial of Fantasia xD

orion434

I emailed them about this. Go back to the store along with your original receipt, and as long as you are a Powerup Rewards member, they will reprint the receipt with the early access code (which apparently won't work anyway until SE fixes it).

You guys are the best! I'm a power-up reward member and it's the PS3 Collector's Edition. After reading about the Early Access I checked the receipt and I didn't see any code. If Square-Enix fixes it I'd love to play this weekend :)

gribbles

Banned
For raids and groups, does one have a preference over the other? What is the party limit anyhow?

I think it'll largely be situational. Some dungeons/raids might have lots of adds where Scholar would excel, others might have bosses which hit particularly hard, so White Mage would shine in those circumstances.

But overall, it won't really matter, because since both Jobs have access to all abilities from both CNJ and (presumably) ACN, you should have no problems healing regardless of which Job you choose.

Epcott

Pre-ordered!

But I think I pre-ordered too late, I didn't receive a code.

I'm going to need the Gaf legacy vets to take me under their wing, nurture me, train me, let me suckle from your chain-mailed teat and mold me into something awesome. I beg of you!

Meia

edit: Ah I see the party size is depended on content.

Still if you look at a 8 or 24 man party, does that mean the entire 8/24 man party gets the buffs?

It's why I'm personally shooting for both, so I can swap based on the needs of a group. Then again, it's why I played a priest in WoW for as long as I did having both Holy and Discipline specs for the last 5 years or so. DPS spec on a healer, wuzzat?! :p

thefil

Early access starts Saturday, the day I after I leave for a week. :(

Oh well, at least the home cities should have quieted down a bit.

early access days count toward your 30 days right?

Also how nice is SE about launch fuckups, which i think will happen? Surely they will at least give back some sub days right?

Animekatt

Idk why I looked at that dungeon video... It's making the wait even more painful. I can't even play Xillia right now because it's hard for me to concentrate on it lol.

2San

It's why I'm personally shooting for both, so I can swap based on the needs of a group. Then again, it's why I played a priest in WoW for as long as I did having both Holy and Discipline specs for the last 5 years or so. DPS spec on a healer, wuzzat?! :p
I was initially going Paladin, but the scholar 30% spell speed buff has me intrigued, since I'm doing the everything with a Black Mage buddy. Sadly going both a WM and Scholar isn't an option since I'm only playing when my buddy is online and we want to stay the same level. :(
But overall, it won't really matter, because since both Jobs have access to all abilities from both CNJ and (presumably) ACN, you should have no problems healing regardless of which Job you choose.
Aren't the cross class spell limited to specific spells?

So the 30, 60, and 90 day subscription rewards will be attainable by anyone after having subscribed for that long correct? Only the special Chocobo mount is legacy only?

Baleoce

I finally managed to impregnate the square-enix pre-order servers with my redemption seed. It's appearing as registered now :)

I find it disconcerting that I don't have to use my security token to log onto my account on that particular site though..

ebil

Reposting avatars now. I'm going to link this post in the second part of the OT to not make the first page even heavier with images than it already is.
My apologies for the image spam.

Grand Companies Sigils
adders_iconmija0.png
flames_icon6dj1j.png
maelstrom_icondtkeg.png

City-States flags (by we.are.the.armada)
Minions (by Munba)
Fzs3McY.png
qrYvDO6.png
hSdYOPU.png
uCzJC9a.png
RcFYumx.png
CLlD0wa.png
GLsfQSN.png
99pgSM2.png
Phku2ZQ.png
YXJ4B0h.png
51FNgbU.png
zgfITR5.png

LdysEyb.png
jBQ28vs.png
O8ykVxZ.png
6QiiYHz.png
qgUFI2r.png
I9XURil.png
70m4fIp.png
DrRmf1X.png
iJIdaST.png
1V8a6yE.png
0dYefc7.png
BEYCEcz.png

Grand Companies Leaders
raubahnxyki0.png
raubahn23eayx.png
raubahn3m6kr7.png
uldahgraphic29k3k.jpg
kanesenna6ck19.png
kanesenna297bh2.png
kanesenna3oajvr.png
gridaniagraphicv9k2j.jpg
merlwybdbks5.png
merlwyb2vey42.png
merlwyb3bgjpo.png
limsalominsagraphicbskqd.jpg

Gaius van Baelsar / Nael van Darnus
gauis3ljhy.png
gaius37zj88.png
gaius233k72.png
naelclky0.png
nael2v5kyd.png
nael3ypja4.png

Circle of Knowing
thancredcijwu.png
thancred2n0ktg.png
thancred34njv3.png
ysholta3q7kwd.png
ysholta4uats.png
ysholta2gakw7.png
papalymon9j6x.png
papalymo2svk1j.png
papalymo3qpjvr.png
ydawnk7q.png
yda2gekah.png
yda3v5kmf.png

uriangerjmk4i.png
louisoixszktn.png
louisoix2l0kii.png

Other NPCs
ascianxhkpy.png
baderon1rjic.png
cid4cjae.png
livia11klv.png
momodiz2jjs.png
minfilia6qkpz.png
miounnenhj8h.png
nerotljzp.png
rhitahtynhvjhe.png
twins1bks6.png

hildebrand1gaj9p.png
hildebrand2t1jrp.png
hildebrandplainsok1p.png

Chocobo
babychocoboixjmk.png
chocoblmypjlr.png
chocowhmaok8t.png

Mandragoras
bestiary1jj70.png
darkmandragoraksk13.png
lycopodiumbcjoc.png
oniondragorakgkfl.png
othermandragorabqjpi.png
tomatodragoraffji6.png

Ifrit / Garuda / Titan / Leviathan / Ramuh / Shiva
ifrit141jk6.png
ifrit2ssj8d.png
ifritpaintedu9j2b.png
garuda16nj8f.png
garuda2iakx1.png
titan13ujoa.png
titan2ick73.png
leviathan1x0j5n.png
ramuh84jpq.png
shivaqakoq.png

Good King Moogle Mog / Odin / Bahamut
mooglemog3qlkzy.png
mooglemog46mjhq.png
mooglemog5a9j32.png
mooglemogjyj49.png
odinart1j9jae.png
odin235k4q.png
bahamutjijiy.png
megaflarev9j34.png
meteor5ukuz.png

Other Primal/Enemy/Pet
behemothtnkdo.png
behemoth35xkj0.png
behemoth2tfkbj.png
fenriru9ka5.png
bombcartoon7zk90.png
gobbieecjlq.png
hein8ckc2.png
gilgameshfinaluckfz.png
magitekt3k2j.png
carnbunclee2kcw.png
fairyymk84.png
yoshipoijo6.png

yoship3nlkpu.png
yoship4hhksr.png

Classes and Jobs Art
gladiatorngjas.png
paladinm5kx6.png
pugilist48j95.png
monk16kcb.png
marauder4wj0p.png
warrior6ik5g.png
lanceryhkhq.png
dragoon8zkz3.png
archereujil.png
bard7pk4h.png
conjurer80j3m.png
whitemagez7kc0.png

thaumaturgeo3kj8.png
blackmageiskuj.png
arcanist8ljl1.png
scholarj4kqz.png
summoneru3jbp.png

Other Player Characters
arcgladbj44.png
blackmageu8j7j.png
immortalflameshikwe.png
hyurarcherw3jtb.png
hyurfacervk7s.png
maelstormboy8oj9c.png
maelstormgirlqaj9u.png
lalafellwhm6ukk4.png
lncubjwl.png
lnc3jgk54.png
lnc4kbjnx.png
mrddpj3v.png

kirby2096

So the 30, 60, and 90 day subscription rewards will be attainable by anyone after having subscribed for that long correct? Only the special Chocobo mount is legacy only?

You will get the Veteran Rewards as soon as your payment transaction goes through, there will be no need to wait for a certain amount of days subscribed to elapse before you're eligible for them.

Is it weird that I really don't care for the combat at all (global cooldown?) but I am still super excited to play this soon. Here's hoping combat gets a bit more interesting past lvl 20.

BLCKATK

Is it weird that I really don't care for the combat at all (global cooldown?) but I am still super excited to play this soon. Here's hoping combat gets a bit more interesting past lvl 20.

Not weird at all, I can relate to getting bored of the under level 20 combat it happened to me too. I'm sure that once all of our abilities come into play the battles will be much more intense. Especially once the battles get longer and melee's have to start managing TP.

Brandson

I played the initial release of this game for a while, getting a number of jobs to level 20. Assuming I want to try ARR, is it worth continuing with my existing character on my legacy server, with presumably a limited number of players, or should I start again on a new server? This all may be moot if I can't find my OTP token though.

Does SE have an iOS/Android app to use for one-time passwords yet like Blizzard?

ebil

I played the initial release of this game for a while, getting a number of jobs to level 20. Assuming I want to try ARR, is it worth continuing with my existing character on my legacy server, with presumably a limited number of players, or should I start again on a new server? This all may be moot if I can't find my OTP token though.

Does SE have an iOS/Android app to use for one-time passwords yet like Blizzard?
Yes, it's even linked in the OP: http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/otp/.

Salaadin

I wasnt crazy about the combat until I started the story missions. They werent terribly difficult or anything but there were some flairs of "not mindless" in there that I liked. I hear the dungeons have this same feeling and I assume it only gets better the higher you go.

Really happy to hear they have fixed the 90000 errors! :)

So... is the Preorder registration website fixed yet btw? I have yet to enter my code because of all the problems people were having yesterday.

Khatoz

It gets better, as you not only get more skills from your base class, but also other skills from the other classes.

At level 35 GLA was fun playing with level 15 MRD/PUG abilities and trying to maximize attacks/survivability with the different buffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom