• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzRGhtpYkVkTOGi

zlCfzRGh5hgMCBWLzk
zlCfzRGiI243BKLpWs

zlCfzRGiNKc1t_A61o
zlCfzRGiQrIBTKfToN

zlCfzRGiYjg_f114R8
zlCfzRGicWInB1hLM4

zlCfzRGikLghjqHusM
zlCfzRGiv_gBbgCerY

zlCfzRGi534NIdwq8h
zlCfzRGi9tgHEzK2qU

zlCfzRGjFJAMiOl7lt

Later.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

haha at the starwars one and i love how you made SAO's vague enough so that you dont quite know what its suppose to be unless you know the face, sneaky sneaky lol
was expecting a dorothy one but that works too!

SAO's EPIC BACKSTORY (x 2!)was something even I couldn't pass up, lol. This shows gonna make me draw "Service, SERVICE!", so finding ways to get that significant, meaningful commentary across... especially on the 'verse! DAT FUN.

Ed's "death" pic is totally a deep commentary at how SAO is making us all insensitive to death and real tragedy too!

Drawin' Ahsoka like that totally made me think of Chobits Manga.

Man, now I wanna draw a Dorothy "You've captured the man I love..." (/(-_-)\) pic, haha.

zlCfzRGicWInB1hLM4

helenlovejoy.jpg

Ahh, pushin those Toonami Boundaries back in the day! Sounds like a modern Toonami Anime! All the Lovejoy's who must have been livid when their kids watched the original airings... ha.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning Toonami-GAF

30 more episodes of Bleach filler. Are you excited? *gets hit with tomatoes*

You know, I'm actually tempted to get the SAO light novels when Yen Press publishes them. Just to see how much changed in the show considering how poorly paced it is with all the timeskips and lack of character development.

Good morning Toonami-GAF

You know, I'm actually tempted to get the SAO light novels when Yen Press publishes them. Just to see how much changed in the show considering how poorly paced it is with all the timeskips and lack of character development.

Yeah I plan to buy them too, reading the fan translation online is awful

Raxus

Scooby isn't as boring. How anyone can make a mystery boring is beyond me, by it's very definition it should be impossible and yet here we are.

I said it last night. Watching that episode made me want to watch Hyoka again. I found the mystery of what happened to a box of chocolates more engaging than a murder mystery told by SAO.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I said it last night. Watching that episode made me want to watch Hyoka again. I found the mystery of what happened to a box of chocolates more engaging than a murder mystery told by SAO.

Detective Conan filler is leagues better than what we saw last night and there's a good 250+ episodes of that.

Tenumi

Banned
So I watched my One Piece and Soul Eater recordings, not too bad of episodes. My SAO recording, however.... somehow messed up. It didn't record all the way, so I got about 3/4 the episode, and a weird 3 minute comercial thing with a SAO card game thingy or something at the end.

So, SAO... murder and butts. Yup.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Most interesting.

Absolutely perfect. Cannot wait to see the one(s?) done for Eva next week.

That begs the question, are we getting a lot of sketches with Eva, or like one big color sketch?

Thanks :) I wanna make the Cover for next weeks more epic, but that depends on how the week goes... But the actual contents of DA DUMP will probably be similar, though maybe fewer? I've seen the movie on BluRay, so I can get away with drawing Mari, Rei, and Misato until the Angels run home...

LoL, I don't think I could get away with "toothpick" and "straw" pictures with Eva, either, for those who know what I'm referring to...

Faves. SAO fanservice is really random.

More fantastic drawings as usual

Oh man that SAO one :lol

Merci!

You know, it all makes me think... I find it in poor taste (not a rare thing for SAO, right?) to pour out fan service for someone who'se going to die 10 minutes from then. It kinda makes one feel just an extra bit dirty, ha.
SAO guys have a Butt fetish! I actually appreciate the foreshortened angles, though...

I guess anime has always had a sexuality / brutality mix fetish, but I've always found such to be more of a fan disservice. Why would a fan want to see their favorite hurt, harmed, mutilated, killed, or put through any of those "Ryona" style situations?
Bandaged Rei is the only viable exception. Bandaged Asuka, however... that just makes ya $&%*'d up.

---------------------

Last night's "Crazy Eye freak out!" Leading up to "Crazy girl is standing in front of an open window...." leading to obvious death... Yeahhhh, didn't like that sudden breakdown. I did kinda like the "fill in the characters as they're mentioned" thing though, felt like fill'n in pieces of a puzzle.

SAO feel like everything wrong with Modern Anime, possibly unknowingly poking fun at classic anime fans. But I like having a Swords and Armor Show on the block, probably more than having something Star Wars on the block. Genndy-inspired style is fun to watch in motion, but Drawing it is so.. (o_O) Gives me good excuses to mess around with the designs!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Good morning Toonami-GAF

Well, at least it will be a filler arc in a couple weeks instead of just goofy one off episodes. I haven't watched much of the next arc, so I might give it a peek. It doesn't hurt me to have it on as background noise. If I can see some fun fights with characters that aren't used very often then I would be happy with that.

But realistically, I probably won't watch much of it. lol

This upcoming Bleach filler arc is pretty good but drags on a bit too long

I'm really getting hooked on One Piece more and more each week even though we're going through a filler phase. One question about last night though, how exactly did Luffy get his memories back? It seemed like he just kicked that kids horn and magically remembered everything.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'd assume the Horn collected the memories, so crushing it probably released them. At least for one at close range.

Though as stupid as Luffy is, I half expect him to turn around the next second and say "Wait... No I didn't! Who'z You Guize?!"

Seda

This upcoming Bleach filler arc is pretty good but drags on a bit too long

I'm really getting hooked on One Piece more and more each week even though we're going through a filler phase. One question about last night though, how exactly did Luffy get his memories back? It seemed like he just kicked that kids horn and magically remembered everything.

I guess the memories are somehow stored inside the horn as a sort of haze, and getting into contact with it restores the memories.

Having the episode give recaps of Zoro's and Nami's backstories is quite beneficial to viewers jumping on with the airings. Also shows a glimpse to the emotional moments the series will have at times, after seeing only zany and goofy stuff in the Davy Back Fight arc. I wonder if we'll get similar recaps of Sanji/Usopp/Chopper in two weeks.

Moaradin

That's why I think this filler arc is pretty decent. The recaps are really useful. It's nice seeing those scenes in HD as well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I forgot to write a teaser for last night's OP.

If you watch one filler episode of OP for its plot you really can't do better than that one.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
today's toonami theme is hardcore badasses

so we had sauske pulling out a victory, andrei wrecking shit and still crossing the finishline, jedi master fighting on a ship IN FUCKING SPACE, big O stopping itself from going underwater, and now ed gettinga pole run through him and healig himself WITH HIS SOUL, night of the clutch

let us recall the night of the clutch

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
LoL, I don't think I could get away with "toothpick" and "straw" pictures with Eva, either, for those who know what I'm referring to...
Draw it, then take a pic of the gamepad/TV via camera & upload to online photo site like imgur instead of submitting it to Miiverse?

*clicks episode* "Expires: Never" LIES.

But yeah, doesn't seem like any of the episodes I tried would load, just a blank video screen or eventually telling me the episode is no longer available. Perhaps someone should ask on their Tumblr about the situation?

*clicks episode* "Expires: Never" LIES.

But yeah, doesn't seem like any of the episodes I tried would load, just a blank video screen or eventually telling me the episode is no longer available. Perhaps someone should ask on their Tumblr about the situation?

they said they lost the rights to Durarara

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We're almost done with Brotherhood, right? Isn't there 9 or so episodes left?
Last night was Ep. 41. There's 64 episodes, so we've still got 23 episodes left. Probably won't be until Feb. or March until it hits the final episode again.

they said they lost the rights to Durarara
Thanks for clearing that up. Wonder if they'll try to get the rights back in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom