• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First ever DriveClub direct feed racing footage (GamesCom)

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
dont see the need for a wheel to play DC, except you do the same with NFS & CO

Thing is if that game does not support the G27, chances are that no game will support it, since Logitech dropped out of console peripherals business.

panty

12 cars on track at once.

That is correct.

We're aiming to support any wheel that supports the PS4.

Yes point to point tracks do feature.

The chase cam does indeed adjust it height relative to the track ahead, but as everything you see in the video its all work in progress and we'll be looking make improvements across the board as we head towards release.

We had the PS3 SDK, which is of no use on the PS4.

There is motion blur, but the facebook compression seems to hide it pretty well.

So we can assume nothing has been confirmed about the wheels on PS4? No confirmation if G25/G27 and rest will work. Bummer.

Also the chase-cam is way too low, as said it feels almost unusable.

Rushy

While Rushy is still here: Is the avatar that's driving your car customizable, and will it be involved in all the social shenanigans? Also, is it possible to make custom car designs, decals and whatnot?
The ghost avatar is your PSN avatar, but your club logo can be customised as can your car liveries.

Have Evo dabbled with Google Maps for user in-game track creation?
We haven't.

Is this the lighting being affected by the cloud cover, because it certainly looks like it?
Lighting is affected by cloud cover yes.

Rushy my question is what version do we buy in order to ensure your studio is compensated as much as possible for the hard work? One of the retail versions, the digital version, or the upgrade for the PS+ version? I've always been the type to reward with my wallet developers that produce the games I want to play, and you guys have been right up there over the years.
There are lots of ways to buy DRIVECLUB but my 'recommendation' would be the full Digital Edition from the PlayStation Store.

I wonder if you just sit still on the track, the time will continue to pass and become night?
It will and the rate of change of time of day can be adjusted in various modes.

the clock inthe car dash says its 12 o'clock. what gives ? out of battery ? cancel pre order
Just a bug ;) In-car dashes will reflect the time of day.

Somehow that doesn't make me feel optimistic about my G27. :-/
We are actively liaising with all wheel manufacturers with the intent to support a wide range of wheels, as it is a great way to play the game, but the more consumer pressure on manufacturers the better as ultimately support does rely on them initially. So kudos to Thrustmaster.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Rushy, you know the '50% off a years PS+ sub' offer which was announced if you buy driveclub - will that also apply to the digital edition?

Edit: it was 3 months free, and yes the digital version qualifies too.

Will probably get that then - the 3 months free Ps+ is a nice balance vs the 'upgrade free version'

pixlexic

Banned
I want this game to be good. I hope they do not concede to stupid grphical comments and end up with a game with a shoddy frame rate.

Is it possible that eventually Evolution Studios will continue working on their 60fps target for a patch after the game release, if they don't make it for launch?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
My hope to play this with my t500rs are rising!! :D

That seems to be a given since the offical wheel is from Thrustmaster. If Logitech does not give any support for next-gen consoles, I'll get rid of my G27 and might go for a T500RS as well.

Putty

Thx Rushy, all great info and really great that you are taking notes! In the end everyone will benefit from a better experience...

Kane1345

The ghost avatar is your PSN avatar, but your club logo can be customised as can your car liveries.

Question: PSN avatar? Are we having a Mii like thing for the PS4 or have I missed something?

Awesome about customisable car liveries, I spent an age making some in Forza :)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Rushy, thanks so much for answering all our questions. Hope you're having a good Gamescom.

My question if you get a chance- not sure if you can talk about this yet, but is there going to be a Playstation app for tablets that we download that will give us access to features in certain games including Driveclub, or will there be an official Driveclub app we download on iOS or whatever to interact with the game? Just curious.

Kane1345

Rushy, thanks so much for answering all our questions. Hope you're having a good Gamescom.

My question if you get a chance- not sure if you can talk about this yet, but is there going to be a Playstation app for tablets that we download that will give us access to features in certain games including Driveclub, or will there be an official Driveclub app we download on iOS or whatever to interact with the game? Just curious.

This what you're looking for? http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a508888/driveclub-companion-app-for-ios-android.html

Ran rp

Question: PSN avatar? Are we having a Mii like thing for the PS4 or have I missed something?

Awesome about customisable car liveries, I spent an age making some in Forza :)

I think Rushy thought you were talking about avatar images, not the actual Driveclub player models.

Arukado

I'd like to see (pictures of) the 3 times of day posted in sequence... anyone?
I have 3 gifs:

6Lz8.gif

9Ma9.gif

0Cn1.gif

LCfiner

It's a waste of time if they're going to continue releasing videos with that awful compression. It really undersells what the game really looks like

they said before the 1080p vids won’t be posted to Facebook, which is where the compression is happening. I think they said it’d be youtube on the PS channel?

It's a waste of time if they're going to continue releasing videos with that awful compression. It really undersells what the game really looks like

Totally agree. I understand that via Facebook they get shared and seen a lot, but the flipside is the awful compression does makes the game look worse than it actually is, and when you are pitching a next gen launch title against a rival next gen racing launch title, you really want your game to look as good as possible.

Xanadu

Banned
Totally agree. I understand that via Facebook they get shared and seen a lot, but the flipside is the awful compression does makes the game look worse than it actually is, and when you are pitching a next gen launch title against a rival next gen racing launch title, you really want your game to look as good as possible.

gamersyde or gtfo agreed

We haven't.

Lighting is affected by cloud cover yes.

There are lots of ways to buy DRIVECLUB but my 'recommendation' would be the full Digital Edition from the PlayStation Store.

It will and the rate of change of time of day can be adjusted in various modes.

Just a bug ;) In-car dashes will reflect the time of day.

We are actively liaising with all wheel manufacturers with the intent to support a wide range of wheels, as it is a great way to play the game, but the more consumer pressure on manufacturers the better as ultimately support does rely on them initially. So kudos to Thrustmaster.
Hypothetically speaking, would we be able to play Drive Club if we upgraded the Plus edition from the store and no longer had plus?

Thanks;)

Addnan

Hopes of Logitech wheel support lowering.

HOW DO WE LET LOGITECH KNOW!??

Top Bottom