• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Driveclub direct feed, RUF. (facebook)

skybald

This may be the first time I actually want to see YouTube footage. Man, why would you ever upload videos to FaceBook?

pax217

Looks more arcade-y than GT... will be nice to have a proper Forza competitor on the PS platform. Cool.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Why the hell do they upload this stuff to facebook?

-They have a facebook page
-They don't have a YouTube official account
-They have to go through Playstation to post YT vids which takes a while
-I wish they'd hand out the footage to other sites too. :(

jaypah

Facebook. Where everyone goes for their favorite videos! Ahh, I'm just salty because I can't watch it at work.

onQ123

It felt good just watching this video lol reminded me of the old arcade games love that sense of speed & movement that it has.

I wish devs would just released the high quality vids directly on their website as well so we can see how the games look with out the shitty youtube/facebook video compression.

better driver than the previous facebook video. looks really fun, I like all the mini challenges in the track, make it easier for you to remember all the tricky part in a course and give you that extra incentive to get better on every corner/challenges in the track.

GrayFoxPL

Repost!

Sense of speed is pretty awesome in this!

imib7LMihwajJ.gif

iHyV99odNiW0m.gif

onQ123

better driver than the previous facebook video. looks really fun, I like all the mini challenges in the track, make it easier for you to remember all the tricky part in a course and give you that extra incentive to get better on every corner/challenges in the track.

And it was a woman playing the game & she has been the best driver I have seen playing this game so far by a mile lol.

Ricky_R

I've been having a nit-pick with these racing games and their cock-pit view recently. Do racing drivers normally hold the steering wheel with two hands glued to it. It would be cool if they added a variety of subtle animations with their hands like moving their fingers from time to time, etc.

I guess it's useless and doesn't really add anything to the gameplay, but I can't help feeling like a robot is driving.

EDIT: I noticed the driver constantly removes the right hand from the wheel so he can shift gears, but when the hands are on the steering wheel, they are always static.

Enectic

Banned
Looks good. Not a big fan of the HUD. There's a lot going on at once with all the "social" features, seems a bit cluttered. Hopefully you can tweak those.

Cidd

And it was a woman playing the game & she has been the best driver I have seen playing this game so far by a mile lol.

I was just gonna post this, She was the best by miles. the game looks great can't wait to play it at launch.

iHyV99odNiW0m.gif

vs

iX1w8Gxut5fau.gif

This is why the game needs weather effects. The environments look great in DC, but it looks to plain, too boring. They need to make it more exciting!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Even at 30fps it looks great. I would love to play this.

driver116

I was really looking forward to the weather effects, I love the thought of cruising around each track at midnight in a torrential downpour.

jett ran across this

Poking around Sony's press site I found an old video with broll footage of Drive Club, found it on youtube too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lPixRQ5xqs

Footage has been seen before, but you can really hear the sound effects in the game here. The GLORIOUS sound effects.

If this is actually audio pulled from the game, then it's going to have the best audio in a racing game. It sounds so good and not overblown like a lot of racing games do to achieve car sounds.

JP

It's really good to see some direct feed footage of the game but to be honest there are off screen videos on Gamersyde that show far more the detail then these as they're such poor quality.

Rey

I saw the game at Gamescom today and I have to say that it looked impressive. More impressive then Forza IMO. I was expecting the opposite.

The more I see of this the moer I like it. I'm avoiding NFS: Rivals like the plague, plus this looks 100x better IMO.

I just want to see hood or bumper view before I jump all in.

Hehe, well yes of course that would be cool.

I just meant "not hurricanes."

oh not hurricanes, I just thought driving through a windy version of this track would be awesome. Leaves blowing through the track, trees swaying like crazy etc. The envrionments look beautiful at the moment, but they also look a bit static.

Top Bottom