• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mighty Thread of Believe - Sony Pre-TGS Conference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belfast

Figured it needed it's own thread. I'm assuming if we're going to get some megatons, we're going to get them here.

Tieno

When exactly is it? (how many hours till a -ton?)

The succes of the TGS press conference will depend on the amount of Team ICO! Team ICO or bust!

Belfast said:
Figured it needed it's own thread. I'm assuming if we're going to get some megatons, we're going to get them here.

DualShock 3 is the most obvious announcement.

Tieno said:
When exactly is it? (how many hours?)

TEAM ICO or Bust!

Someone said 5 minutes(!) in the other thread. They could be wrong, though.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
1166562033619.jpg

Strap in and hold on tight, this is going to be a fun ride!

MGS4 and GT5P Scans have already blown me away... i am fully satisfied with this year's TGS :)

EDIT: WHAT?!!!! SONY PRESS IN 5 MIN? PLEASE TELL ME ITS A LIE COZ I WAS PLANNING TO SLEEP :(

Belfast

Tieno said:
When exactly is it? (how many hours till a -ton?)

The succes of the TGS press conference will depend on the amount of Team ICO!

I believe it's pretty soon. Hopefully I (or someone else) can scrounge up a live-blog feed somewhere.

angelfly

Belfast said:
I believe it's pretty soon. Hopefully I (or someone else) can scrounge up a live-blog feed somewhere.

It's already started. There's an embargo so don't expect much until TGS.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I am hoping that when i wake up this morning, this thread will contain at least 1 picture of the Dual Shock 3. Goodnight.

Belfast

Well, something sure as hell better pop up, because I don't want to have stayed up for nothing. Konami's presentation was already kind of a bust, or maybe that was just because I was reading Anoop's boring retelling of the events.

Wollan

So far this year (for PS3 by Sony):

Feb - Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
March - Home, LittleBigPlanet
April - Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
May - Socom Confrontation
July - Killzone 2, EchoChrome, inFamous, Gran Tursimo 5 Prologue, WipEout HD
August - Buzz! Quiz TV

smurfx

get some go again
dammit i wanted the news now! :( oh well i'll go to sleep and hopefully somebody broke some embargo's by the time i wake up.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
"Mighty Thread of Believe" indeed. This will probably rival Nintendo themed threads from around 2002.

I really don't expect much more than "Here's the Dual Shock 3!"

SOLDIER

Okay so, is there supposed to be some news coming in now, or for later? If someone could just post an exact time (in EST preferably).

Slim to none, I'd say. This is TGS. Any North American announcements will probably come in the following days, if there are any to be made.

Dante

shagg_187 said:
MGS4 and GT5P Scans have already blown me away... i am fully satisfied with this year's TGS :)

EDIT: WHAT?!!!! SONY PRESS IN 5 MIN? PLEASE TELL ME ITS A LIE COZ I WAS PLANNING TO SLEEP :(

Wha??? Where? You leave to play games for awhile and look what you miss.

Are they even having a conf or is Kaz just giving a keynote?

evilone

EA Employee
Dont know if this is old but i just read this from PSU

The hype train has now reached full speed with the latest issue of Famitsu, a popular Japanese gaming magazine, hinting at a possible Final Fantasy VII remake.

From the translation, Famitsu states, "A third party game that will save the PlayStation 3 in Japan is to be announced tomorrow."

Will all the recent rumors hitting the net lately, we can only assume they are talking about Square Enix and Final Fantasy VII (Whether or not the speculated Endless Crisis: Final Fantasy VII reported yesterday is a separate project or not is unknown, though it may simply just be the full title for a proposed remake)

Also, according to rumor, whatever this new title is from Square Enix, it is being fully funded by Sony

Dizzan

MINI Member
Dante said:

You should know better than to actually play games. All the fun is on GAF, talking about how good the games would be if we actually played them.

Nolan.

Wollan said:
So far this year (for PS3 by Sony):

Feb - Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
March - Home, LittleBigPlanet
April - Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
May - Socom Confrontation
July - Killzone 2, EchoChrome, inFamous, Gran Tursimo 5 Prologue, WipEout HD
August - Buzz! Quiz TV

Why does everyone forget folklore whats wrong with it.?

nofi

evilone said:

The hype train has now reached full speed with the latest issue of Famitsu, a popular Japanese gaming magazine, hinting at a possible Final Fantasy VII remake.

From the translation, Famitsu states, "A third party game that will save the PlayStation 3 in Japan is to be announced tomorrow."

It's from 2ch, via JonnyRam.

Belfast

Dante said:

Pre-conference is now, but is evidently embargoed (though if something large enough is present, I wouldn't be surprised if it leaks). Kaz's keynote is, I believe, during the actual show.

Loudninja

evilone said:

Will all the recent rumors hitting the net lately, we can only assume they are talking about Square Enix and Final Fantasy VII (Whether or not the speculated Endless Crisis: Final Fantasy VII reported yesterday is a separate project or not is unknown, though it may simply just be the full title for a proposed remake)

Also, according to rumor, whatever this new title is from Square Enix, it is being fully funded by Sony

Yep its old

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Dizzan said:
You should know better than to actually play games. All the fun is on GAF, talking about how good the games would be if we actually played them.

Quoted for insane amounts of truth!

Of course thats because my most hyped game of the year isn't out yet (BWII)

Ill be gone for a while when that comes out...

Awntawn

evilone said:

2ch -> Jonnyram -> GAF -> Internet -> GAF

lupinko

Nolan. said:
Why does everyone forget folklore whats wrong with it.?

Well it's a good game and all (I think it's fantastic, have had FolksSoul for awhile now), but the game is not a killer app, well killer app defined by most people anyway. But enjoyable game? Definitely, well for me anyway. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom