• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mighty Thread of Believe - Sony Pre-TGS Conference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolan.

Steroyd said:
What? You'd use the TGS event to justify getting a Xbox 360?

He sounds confused.

speedpop said:
Hmm.. I might just keep my PS3/360 purchasing woes till later and see what TGS brings.

speedpop said:
After the announcement that it's coming to PS3 too, I really don't know what to do.

speedpop said:
Going to give it a watch. After the constant switching and swapping about whether I should grab a 360 or PS3, this game might be one of the final decision makers.

speedpop said:
Well I've decided to delay the 360 purchase for PES, going to opt for the PC version instead. Anyone have a vague idea if the multiplayer will be linked through different consoles/PC?

speedpop said:
I must admit that my purchase of a 360 has been slightly delayed because of this.

speedpop said:
Heh I thought I was buying a 360 for PES '08.. turns out I'm getting one for Blue Dragon instead.

speedpop said:
Will be buying a 360 within the next few days. I blame Blue Dragon for this dilemma.

One question though - the new HDMI Pro's have the Benq DVD drive yes?

speedpop said:
It looks like I'll be giving up Sony for the first time since the PS1 for a 360.

I'd say get both but I guess that isn't an option.

From the translation, Famitsu states, "A third party game that will save the PlayStation 3 in Japan is to be announced tomorrow."

what does this mean?

F-Pina

If it saves the PS3 in Japan it means its something the Japanese really love or want badly.
My guess -> Monster Hunter on PS3?

Nolan.

F-Pina said:
If it saves the PS3 in Japan it means its something the Japanese really love or want badly.

I'd hardly call monster hunter a saviour of the ps3 though.

ymmv

Banned
Phoenix Down said:
From the translation, Famitsu states, "A third party game that will save the PlayStation 3 in Japan is to be announced tomorrow."

what does this mean?

That's funny, I didn't even know the PS3 had one party game, let alone two. I hope that third one will do the trick for Sony in Japan though.

Busty

Banned
F-Pina said:

Agreed. I said this yesterday. Despite all the chatter about remakes for FF VII or Policenauts this seems the most likely and logical candidate.

If Sony were splash some cash on any exclusive title that we know for sure is coming it has to be Monster Hunter3. Barring anything that's been ''reported' on 2Ch this would, without doubt sell PS3's in Japan.

The knock on effect the IP had for the PSP earlier this year was huge. I'm sure that isn't lost on Sony.

Busty said:
Agreed. I said this yesterday. Despite all the chatter about remakes for FF VII or Policenauts this seems the most likely and logical candidate.

If Sony were splash some cash on any exclusive title that we know for sure is coming it has to be Monster Hunter3. Barring anything that's been ''reported' on 2Ch this would, without doubt sell PS3's in Japan.

The knock on effect the IP had for the PSP earlier this year was huge. I'm sure that isn't lost on Sony.

this is fresh from famitsu Mag http://www.psu.com/Famitsu-hints-at-Final-Fantasy-VII-remake-News--a0001352-p0.php

its a SQ enix title not capcom

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
gofreak said:
Err, that rumour is not from famitsu. It's from 2ch - i.e. an anonymous poster.

Well the thing is whatever it is, the fact is that Sony has to do something. Something big, apperently the prospects of getting MGS4 and FFXIII isn't enough to win people over this year.

Nolan. said:
He sounds confused.

I'd say get both but I guess that isn't an option.
I don't know... the amount of time he's spent posting about it he probably could have got a part time job and earnt enough for them both by now! :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
RamzaIsCool said:
Well the thing is whatever it is, the fact is that Sony has to do something. Something big, apperently the prospects of getting MGS4 and FFXIII isn't enough to win people over this year.

Some people will never be pleased. They don't have to do anything to satisfy over-hyped expectations, but I think most people are just trundling on about FFVII remakes or whatever more for comedy than anything else at this point.

Busty

Banned
Phoenix Down said:

I think that PSU 'journalist' made the same mistake I did in the Famitsu thread (and by same I mean he read it off GAF just like me) by thinking that JohnnyRam was quoting the issue of Famitsu he was 'blogging' for us, when in fact he was actually quoting 2Ch.

All in all, we're still no further than we were yesterday.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
My prediction!

Final Fantasy VII Complete
Remake +

Last Order, FF VII, Advent Children

All playable!

pswii60

Busty said:
I think that PSU 'journalist' made the same mistake I did in the Famitsu thread (and by same I mean he read it off GAF just like me) by thinking that JohnnyRam was quoting the issue of Famitsu he was 'blogging' for us, when in fact he was actually quoting 2Ch.

All in all, we're still no further than we were yesterday.

Yes, this is PS
Teng
U we're talking about here.

Besides, I thought A FFVIIr was outright denied only last month. But the rumours continue.

pswii60 said:
Yes, this is PS
Teng
U we're talking about here.

Besides, I thought A FFVIIr was outright denied only last month. But the rumours continue.

companys always deny to the last min, just like sony did on there price drop.. they even denied it even after the target ad surfaced

Phoenix Down said:
companys always deny to the last min, just like sony did on there price drop.. they even denied it even after the target ad surfaced
The evidence of absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!

Busty

Banned
Synless said:
OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!! FTFW!!!!!!!!

*sarcasm for those of you who have no sense of that type of thing.

And yet, if SE were to announce a sequel to Bouncer for distribution over PSN (for, say, a ten beer vouchers) people would be all over it like white on rice.

sakuragi

Banned
The two games that could win Japan are Final Fantasy 7 remake and Dragon Quest X. Although a Kingdom hearts 3 would do well in Japan and better internationally. We will see what a Sony funded Square-Enix game will turn out to be :D

Sypher

Banned
What is SE is sitting on right now?

Chrono Trigger
Chrono Sequel
Final Fantasy 7
Kingdom Hearts 3
Parasite Eve 3
Einhander 2

Take your pick

kay

sypher said:
What is SE is sitting on right now?

Chrono Trigger
Chrono Sequel
Final Fantasy 7
Kingdom Hearts 3
Parasite Eve 3
Einhander 2

Take your pick
Final Fantasy XIV

llTll

Banned
Synless said:
OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!! FTFW!!!!!!!!

*sarcasm for those of you who have no sense of that type of thing.

i liked the bouncer :( . i really liked it alot :(

maybe i am the only one on the planet :(

for its time. it was such a great game . amazing graphics. good story. ..ok... gameplay

sakuragi said:
The two games that could win Japan are Final Fantasy 7 remake and Dragon Quest X. Although a Kingdom hearts 3 would do well in Japan and better internationally. We will see what a Sony funded Square-Enix game will turn out to be :D

Sony's pretty smart if they gonna fund a title there gonna get FF7.. its a no brainer

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay I just came home! What's been happening at Sony TGS Conference?! Has it even started yet? When will it start?!

IMO i believe production on a FF7 remake has been in the works since the Tech demo.. it will be released in 2008 along with advant children on bluray.. FF 13 will be sometime late 2009

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Phoenix Down said:
IMO i believe production on a FF7 remake has been in the works since the Tech demo.. it will be released in 2008 along with advant children on bluray.. FF 13 will be sometime late 2009

I believe in a peaceful world where Firefly got 10 seasons and booze is free.

Seiken said:
Okay I just came home! What's been happening at Sony TGS Conference?! Has it even started yet? When will it start?!

13 hours from now.

Can someone make this thread official sony tgs. ton of threads stated sony TGS conference, donno which one to follow

llTll

Banned
Phoenix Down said:

you are wrong.

FF13 is coming in 2008. just not before March [ in japan ]

RiverBed

Banned
if it's a Sony funded game, it isn't 3rd party. that would make it 2nd party. *duh*

in any case, all of Sony's 2nd party projects are huge and their PSN ones are mostly good- not counting Midway horrors.

mr_nothin

Banned
llTll said:
i liked the bouncer :( . i really liked it alot :(

maybe i am the only one on the planet :(

for its time. it was such a great game . amazing graphics. good story. ..ok... gameplay
I loved it too
The gameplay was really good too (back then)
Once you got past the fact that they characters seemed to weight a ton, it was a great game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom