• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mighty Thread of Believe - Sony Pre-TGS Conference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well shit I was gonna head to bed...

Please FF7r be true!

===

Tyralazarlulz1.gif

Reminds me of:

67x6dt4.jpg

I don't know why.

Izzy

Banned
Hey, no disrespect, but these threads are just sad. They remind me of similar, Nintendo themed threads of not so long ago.

They all look the same to me.

Izzy said:
Hey, no disrespect, but these threads are just sad. They remind me of similar, Nintendo themed threads of not so long ago.

Uhh it's just a conference thread. He just added a title to it.

Grayman

Izzy said:

... press conferences ... :lol

One thing I completely don't understand is why a remake of FFVII would be such a big deal. I don't enjoy replaying games I have already beaten.

Izzy said:

Hey. If we don't hype this shit up who will?

Maxwell House said:
One thing I completely don't understand is why a remake of FFVII would be such a big deal. I don't enjoy replaying games I have already beaten.
Just a new way to experience a game you really enjoy.

Belfast

There's nothing worse for me than scanning 2ch right now, but I'm doing it anyway. Being able to only read bits and pieces isn't quite enough to pick up on what may or may not be breaking news. Needless to say, though, that they're as buzzed about the FFVII rumors (and others) as we are.

Splatt

evilone said:
From the translation, Famitsu states, "A third party game that will save the PlayStation 3 in Japan is to be announced tomorrow."

Dragon Quest VIII Remake for PS3. Or Chrono Trigger Remake. Whichever you fancy.

Splatt

Maxwell House said:

It would sell alot of PS3 and Gaf is all about sales-age.

Wollan

Excuse my ignorance but isn't 2ch just a network gathering of crazy anime fans (I'm visioning a facebook society)? Why is info taken from there?

Belfast

Splatt said:
Dragon Quest VIII Remake for PS3. Or Chrono Trigger Remake. Whichever you fancy.

Dragon Quest VIII remake? I'm not sure how much sense that would make. Usually there's a grace period for these sorts of things.

angelfly

Wollan said:
Excuse my ignorance but isn't 2ch just a network gathering of crazy anime fans (I'm visioning a facebook society)? Why is info taken from there?

It's the Japan equivalent of NeoGAF but with lots of other discussion forums

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
That 2ch is really MEGATON material. There is 90% chance it's bogus. If nothing fitting is announced today, it will live on as a famitsu rumor. It will haunt us like MEGATON did a few year ago.

MIGHTYTON is ON BITCHES

Belfast

Wollan said:

2ch is a discussion community that covers an insane range of topics, not just anime or video games. However, it is mostly inhabited by nerds, fans, and other obsessive types. It's spawned a fair number of internet memes and pretty much has a language/culture all its own.

edit: It also functions largely on the idea of posters being anonymous. This is both good and bad, since it gives a lot of people free reign to fool people or say horrendous things without much in the way of consequence, but the general idea of it is to create an egalitarian community, where readers aren't biased towards certain posters. In other words, what you have to say is theoretically more important than who is saying it.

It's not perfect, but it's generally more "polite" in Japan. 4chan and other boards are what happen when Westerners get a hold of it.

DCharlie

Banned
If we don't hype this shit up who will?

.... Wollan? ;)

it`s an anonomous network. fullstop - that`s really it. That has with it the crazy mad elements, but also a whole selection of people who will post various tidbits of true info, break stories, NDA`s etc...

it`s a case of seperating the true from the false. Which is hard when anyone can post anything.

lupinko

Wollan said:

No, that's 4chan, 2ch is just a very large network (I guess so, that's just being fancy with it lol) of various bulletin boards for various things, such as video games. But even then it's broken down to specific groupings (platform, genre, game itself, etc.).

Well that's what I noticed from the arcade game portion of it anyway that I frequent. lol

Kyoufu

2ch is unmoderated, so its not exactly an "equivalent" to NeoGAF in some respects...

Anypoo, I asked my PS3 earlier, "what would save you from this dusty fate?"

It tried to flash some FFVII (crisis core) wallpapers on my XMB in response,

I think we know what it wants.

Darkpen

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
Is there a story behind that? The face is SERIOUSLY one of the creepiest things I have ever seen. It's like a flat face on a human body.
actually, if you cover her eyes, her mouth actually looks natural, like a strained smile. But with the eyes, it looks like a plastic mask.

Jesus

Let us have som good ol' gaming glory and rejoice in some Team ICO swellness. And some juicy Metal Gear Solid 4 info. With sugar on it.

Wollan

So is it actually embargoed or.. what's the deal here? An hour since it started now.

jstevenson said:
You guys are so cute when you get all worked up :D
Ratchet & Clank bundle confirmed.

Enk

makes good threads.
Jesus said:
Let us have som good ol' gaming glory and rejoice in some Team ICO swellness. And some juicy Metal Gear Solid 4 info. With sugar on it.

He's here!

I knew if he would ever return GAF would be the first place he'd visit!

(and his first post is on a Sony TGS thread...hmmmm....MEGATON COMFIMITH!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom