• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mighty Thread of Believe - Sony Pre-TGS Conference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Where are you guys even looking for info? :lol

This reminds me of the pre-E3 Killzone 2 thread. About 20 pages of nothingness then POW. I wonder if that will happen here?

Maxwell House said:
One thing I completely don't understand is why a remake of FFVII would be such a big deal. I don't enjoy replaying games I have already beaten.

Same, I just don't get why a FFVII remake is more important to some than any future, new FF games. It's like admitting the series will never attain that pinacle again when so many fans of the series splooge at the prospect of a FFVII remake. We're totally oversaturated with FF anyways, and i'm sure thats great if you're one of these types who can't get enough of anything FF related - but personally i'd like SE to show a bit of love towards their non-FF back catalogue once in a while.

soul

I go all-in: Sony are going to announce something that's Square Enix related. Or at least give us new FFXIII pics. They fucking better.

Tenbatsu

ken-kutaragi-ps-4.jpg

Wollan

Personally I think that if the Jan 31st date (rumored by 2ch) for White Knight sticks it's pretty damn epic.
Huge online/offline next gen rpg by Level 5 right around the corner. Jesus.

Jesus

That would actually be very good news. About Jan 31 being the date för White Knight Story, I mean.

Enk: Fear not.

soul

DSWii60 said:
This man asks the right question. When is the keynote? And when does the embargo from this event lift?

According to the first page of this thread it already started...

Enk

makes good threads.
Jesus said:
That would actually be very good news. About Jan 31 being the date för White Knight Story, I mean.

Enk: Fear not.

That's ok. I just talked with my brother Enlil (Eln for short) and we just realized we're much older than your dad! Christ I was almost scared there for a minute.

*goes back to eating fruit and reading GAF*

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wollan said:
You've spent up your years supply of winks.

how does he use up a years supply? Surely it'd last a year?

Or do you have some kind of Fair Usage Policy and now you're going to throttle his wink usage between 9am-7pm?

Scandalous ;)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
silentsunami said:
it should be 8.30am in japan time, 20th of September correct me if i'm wrong

Huh? It's 6:26pm, Wednesday in Tokyo right now.

It'd be wise to assume any press reception or whatever this evening is embargoed. But maybe if we're lucky, when it's over, some people will come out and give us a happy smiley or a sad smiley, or something.

Sypher

Banned
gofreak said:

It'd be wise to assume any press reception or whatever this evening is embargoed. But maybe if we're lucky, when it's over, some people will come out and give us a happy smiley or a sad smiley, or something.

;(

llTll

Banned
gofreak said:

another 14 hours to go. who is the idiot who said its soon ????

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
llTll said:
another 14 hours to go. who is the idiot who said its soon ????

I think some people are confusing some things.

The keynote is tomorrow.

But I think some people are saying that there's a press reception/event by Sony on Wednesday evening (aka: now). But I don't know where that came from. If there is such an event, I think it'd be like their pre-GDC event, embargoed until the next day.

llTll

Banned
gofreak said:
I think some people are confusing some things.

The keynote is tomorrow.

But I think some people are saying that there's a press reception/event by Sony on Wednesday evening (aka: now). But I don't know where that came from. If there is such an event, I think it'd be like their pre-GDC event, embargoed until the next day.

never heard of it. the only keynote for Sony is tomorrow by Kaz. and its public event

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
llTll said:
never heard of it. the only keynote for Sony is tomorrow by Kaz. and its public event

I'd like to know where this pre-keynote event came out of too..I know there's a press reception, but last year it was after the keynote. Did some journo mention the event being this evening or something?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
The Sony stuff start at 8 Tokyo time, so in a bit more than one hour. It's not a press conference though. The keynote is tomorrow morning.

Ceb

gofreak said:
I'd like to know where this pre-keynote event came out of too..I know there's a press reception, but last year it was after the keynote. Did some journo mention the event being this evening or something?

I don't recall who brought it up first, but it's not far-fetched considering today's packed with media briefings.

syfodyas

Banned
:lol at Sony Fans thinking a FF7 remake will "save the PS3" :lol It wont.
Sure it will increase sales for a while, but it will only really appease the diehard FF7 fanboy, you know - the type who swears Advent Children is a good movie :lol

No seriously. For this to happen, Sony will have to bankroll the entire development costs. Otherwise its too risky a move for Square. Secondly development on FF13 will almost certainly be delayed. So what do you fanboys want more? FF7 or FF13?

This remake also wont magically halt sales of Wii and Xbox 360.

The problem with the PS3 was never the lack of a FF7 remake. As soon as Sony address the real problems then the PS3 will succeed.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Blimblim said:
The Sony stuff start at 8 Tokyo time, so in a bit more than one hour. It's not a press conference though. The keynote is tomorrow morning.

I'd guess it's like the press thingie they did after the keynote last year. In that it was more about hands-on with games and talking to developers, than news announcements (well, asides from Kutaragi's "you want HDMI in 20GB? You got it!" moment).

syfodyas - I think people are just joking about a FFVII remake. If it were to happen it would be big news, but it's become almost a running joke at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom