• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mighty Thread of Believe - Sony Pre-TGS Conference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
gofreak said:
I think some people are confusing some things.

The keynote is tomorrow.

But I think some people are saying that there's a press reception/event by Sony on Wednesday evening (aka: now). But I don't know where that came from. If there is such an event, I think it'd be like their pre-GDC event, embargoed until the next day.

i read somewhere in 1up that today should be the sony pre-TGS party not the conference

Haunted

smurfx said:
ps3wins.gif

we can only hope. :D
Fuck remakes.

TEAM ICO GAME OR BUST! Most anticipated new IP of this generation for me (even moreso than Miyamoto's 08 IP.)

Ashhong

syfodyas said:
:lol at Sony Fans thinking a FF7 remake will "save the PS3" :lol It wont.
Sure it will increase sales for a while, but it will only really appease the diehard FF7 fanboy, you know - the type who swears Advent Children is a good movie :lol

No seriously. For this to happen, Sony will have to bankroll the entire development costs. Otherwise its too risky a move for Square. Secondly development on FF13 will almost certainly be delayed. So what do you fanboys want more? FF7 or FF13?

This remake also wont magically halt sales of Wii and Xbox 360.

The problem with the PS3 was never the lack of a FF7 remake. As soon as Sony address the real problems then the PS3 will succeed.

can we get this crap out of here please.

Jesus

Let us not hope for remakes. It is a cheap shot at getting hype up, just to realize that those interested in remakes are those once blessed.

Prove me wrong now, and release FFVII remake and let it sell one gazillion copies.

Footnote: One gazillion is more than infintiy, but less than the eternal knowledge of the almighty (i.e me).

xaosslug

syfodyas said:
:lol at Sony Fans thinking a FF7 remake will "save the PS3" :lol It wont.
Sure it will increase sales for a while, but it will only really appease the diehard FF7 fanboy, you know - the type who swears Advent Children is a good movie :lol

No seriously. For this to happen, Sony will have to bankroll the entire development costs. Otherwise its too risky a move for Square. Secondly development on FF13 will almost certainly be delayed. So what do you fanboys want more? FF7 or FF13?

This remake also wont magically halt sales of Wii and Xbox 360.

The problem with the PS3 was never the lack of a FF7 remake. As soon as Sony address the real problems then the PS3 will succeed.

clearly, you're not up to date on the latest mutation of the rumor. :lol

Wollan

Taken from the Uncharted thread because it has to mean something right GAF?
Noticed a smaller and sharp analog stick pop up as help during the gameplay video, the other button icons remained normal.

drake.png

(thanks for the pic seb)

Shockaxis is the possibility.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wollan said:
Noticed a smaller and sharp analog stick pop up as help during the gameplay video, the other button icons remained normal.

drake.png

(thanks for the pic seb)

hmm...

Ashhong

Wollan said:

drake.png

(thanks for the pic seb)

Maybe, but it looks more like a stylized analog stick to me, to make it fit better with the game.

Enk

makes good threads.
Jesus said:
Let us not hope for remakes. It is a cheap shot at getting hype up, just to realize that those interested in remakes are those once blessed.

Prove me wrong now, and release FFVII remake and let it sell one gazillion copies.

Footnote: One gazillion is more than infintiy, but less than the eternal knowledge of the almighty (i.e me).

*continues munchin on his fruit*

And thus GAF continues on, unknowing of the conversation which took place amongst the ancient deities within their boards and that of the Megaton which is to be revealed to them.

antiloop

syfodyas said:
Secondly development on FF13 will almost certainly be delayed. So what do you fanboys want more? FF7 or FF13?

I don't think you really understand how development works.

I don't want remakes. At least not if it isn't SoM.

Tieno

Do we know ShockAxis is in the making and are we just waiting for the inevitable official confirmation so we can sleep comfortably?

kay

Ashhong said:
damn, didnt think about that. they dont seem to be regular 4:3 though either, or maybe thats just me. can anybody translate?
It's 4:3, and I suggest you read the long thread about it.

Ashhong

kay said:
It's 4:3, and I suggest you read the long thread about it.

sigh, guess im just tired and hoping. i looked through 2 pages for that thread about 5 minutes ago and gave up. figured it got locked :D nevermind then

Wollan

Tieno said:
Do we know ShockAxis is in the making and are we just waiting for the inevitable official confirmation so we can sleep comfortably?
Developers have them. Question is if it will be announced tomorrow or at a separate event later this year.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I must admit.. this year's TGS will be the battle between a PS3 or a 360 purchase for me. I'm not going to even bother buying both so it will be interesting to say the least.

AAK

I bet we won't get any conclusive info for the next 15 hours or so until the actual gameshow begins.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Isn't Quantic Dream's new project (Heavy Rain?) supposed to debut during the TGS, hope we finally get see what's it all about.

speedpop said:
I must admit.. this year's TGS will be the battle between a PS3 or a 360 purchase for me. I'm not going to even bother buying both so it will be interesting to say the least.

It not a battle between the 2 as much as its a 'put up or shut up' for Sony.
It's always been their show..they just have to show the OMG at this point (ie Team Ico and Final Fantasy 13 gameplay) because they have been losing the battle.

If this years 'holy trinity' on the 360 doesn't entice you to want to get a 360, nothing at TGS will (that is unless you are a fan of Ninja Gaiden).

Steroyd

speedpop said:

What? You'd use the TGS event to justify getting a Xbox 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom