• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinobix

I dont really think there will be any other new playable pokemon other than Pikachu and of course the trainer's pokemon.
Also Pichu, Mewtwo and Jiggly if they come back

Pikachu should be able to evolve into Raichu. :D

As for today, cute Pokemon (my choice when I had Diamond), but shitty update. Just because Sakurai CAN fall back on Pokemon updates, doesn't mean he should. We get the idea, you've put all 700 Pokemon into the game. If we need to know what they look like, we can check our Pokedexs.

Taichu

I bet the other new starters will make an appearance. Piplup is probably the most popular of the new ones though, so they had to show him first.

Haunted

Oh, it's a pokemon. That little penguin looks pretty cute, to be honest. :)

Jiggy37 said:
Haunted One to never get his Mario Kart stage, confirmed. :lol
;_;

I stopped to believe. Unlockable stage, won't be revealed on the site before release.

RagnarokX said:
Anyway... how about a new image for the first post?
dojoupdatewifi.jpg
I like it.

And regarding the talk about GAF tournaments. I might try out a tournament without items, but I'll aim to play properly with items whenever I can, so a tournament as God intended Smash to be played with items would be much preferred for me (note that I'm in Europe).

;)

ohamsie

I like items because it makes it a little more of an even playing field for those of us who aren't quite as gifted at playing the game. Advanced players would still have a big advantage, but there is always hope for the weaker player that they might be able to get an item and turn the battle around. And I think it is more fun when there is a chance for an outclassed player to be able to turn their fortunes around.

That being said, itemless battles are excellent for major tournaments, because there the players are pretty much all at an extremely high skill level and are more or less evenly matched. Itemless battles are able to show who is truly the better player without introducing any luck into the mix. As I said that is great for professional tournaments, but I feel like at a GAF tournament the skill level will be much more disparate.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Aww...I have to admit, I think Piplup is really cute.

Its ability reminds me of Marill's ability from SSBM, but on a bigger scale.

Jiggy

Syth_Blade22 said:
oh sakurai, bringing us down to earth, slowing the fun for the weekend.. it's been a real good ratio of hit to miss recently (ie no franklin badge or BARRELL)(i've just jinxed it havent i?)
Past week:
Golden Hammer, Wi-Fi Play, Enemies of Subspace Emissary, Piplup

Looks like a 1:1 ratio of hit to miss to me. :p

If extending to the week before:
Munchlax, Zeed Killer Lyn assist, Battleship Halberd, Special Brawl, Ice Climbers

Okay, that's 3:2. Or 2:3 for those people who have strong irrational hatred for Ice Climbers.

I want to wake up tommorow and see the New Challenger approaching tag. Items/pokemon are nice and all(and we got some good on-line news) but I check the site for characters.

mg0011.jpg

Homerun Rat and Mr. Saturn confirmed.. yay!!

As for the thing Snake is hanging from, isn't it from MGS2?

Oh, and im guessing the Codec screens could well be part of Snake's mission in the Subspace mode

Jiggy

flipping_heck said:
mg0011.jpg

Homerun Rat and Mr. Saturn confirmed.. yay!!
I can't see the picture. :(
But oh well, someone page Amir0x, since Franklin Badges and Mr. Saturns will be the only items he ever leaves on. And maybe Lip's Stick depending on how much he likes Panel de Pon.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
mg0013.jpg

mg0014.jpg

I wonder if these were simply for the show as they use Dojo screens and the trailer used 3D models for the Codec scene.

Awesome!

I guess these are pics are from the private showing Kojima got of the game a while back.

Also, about the only thing that could possibly make me want this game more are multiple skins (models) for each character. I would die if you could choose to play as WW Link, Oni Link, or TP Link. Of course not every character in the game has multiple models to make use of from past games, so not every character would need multiple skins. Just the extremely obvious ones; like Mario, Link, Samus, Kirby, etc..

BigFwoosh

M3wThr33 said:
Possibly. But it's more likely that it's Snake's stage and they're all around there.
Looks like Rumble Falls to me. I'm gonna go with his up+B attack, since I'm not sure how else he would do some kind of double-jump. Maybe the Cypher flys down and lifts him up a little bit.

Oh, and Brawl definitely needs more Twilight Princess characters.
Ganondorf's TP model and Midna's transformed model especially

The character models were just perfect in TP, it would be a shame if only Link and Zelda were in the game. Oh, how about this? Instead of Sheik, how about Midna with Sheik's moveset? With a few changes here and there, like a green teleportation portal for the up B instead of Sheik's normal up B.

Jiggy

LegendofJoe said:
Oh, and Brawl definitely needs more Twilight Princess characters.
Ganondorf's TP model and Midna's transformed model especially

The character models were just perfect in TP, it would be a shame if only Link and Zelda were in the game. Oh, how about this? Instead of Sheik, how about Midna with Sheik's moveset?
Midna's more of a magic user. But I do indeed want
her true form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom