• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

mio said:
Prediction time!

I predict... something!

Now you people.
Tonight one of two things will happen:

1) There will be no character profile update. If this happens, this week would be only the fourth week of updates (out of 18 weeks) to have no new profile. This is not my prediction.

2) There will be a character profile update. If this happens, it'll be Ness, he'll be shown fighting in Smashville, someone will PM Amir0x immediately, and he'll come into the thread and for an hour afterward he'll have a thirty-post outburst of righteous fury at the unholy mixture of Earthbound and Animal Crossing. Despite this, he'll change the thread title to "Smash Bros. Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread - Now with Ness," and it'll remain that way for a few minutes before sp0rsk changes it back. Amir0x will compromise by adding "(and NESS)" to the end. This is my prediction.

Jiggy37 said:
2) There will be a character profile update. If this happens, it'll be Ness, he'll be shown fighting in Smashville, someone will PM Amir0x immediately, and he'll come into the thread and for an hour afterward he'll have a thirty-post outburst of righteous fury at the unholy mixture of Earthbound and Animal Crossing. Despite this, he'll change the thread title to "Smash Bros. Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread - Now with Ness," and it'll remain that way for a few minutes before sp0rsk changes it back. Amir0x will compromise by adding "(and NESS)" to the end. This is my prediction.

I think you can see into the future.

Darkpen

Banned
I predict Snake being added to the roster of newcomers :|

and everyone going "omfg, finally. took them long enough" and "fail" and "WTF, SNAKE?!"

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Gonna be a newcomer tonight I bet!

Tom Nook or Lucas - you'll see!

(Not my most wanted characters, just the most likely ones to be included as starters IMO!)

castle007 said:
5zqjmys.jpg

it's too bad I suck as SSB or I'd play online. :(

MrCheez

Here is a friendly public service announcement for everyone who is anticipating a Snake character update on the site:

DON'T. I mean, it is entirely POSSIBLE that he will get revealed (as Sakurai can do whatever he wants in the end), but there is some big evidence that says it WON'T happen (until after the game's release)

Sakurai has said Snake will be an unlockable, and he has also hinted that the Dojo will not be showing any unlockable content until after the game's release. (This is also consistent with the way the old Melee site was updated back when that game came out).

Anyway, just making yet another note of this because people seem to constantly get their hopes up for his update. :p

Edit: I think it's likely we'll still see him in future trailers on the site (because of what a big deal he is marketing wise)... I just don't think any unlockable content will have entries/their own pages until after the game comes out.

usea

MrCheez said:
Here is a friendly public service announcement for everyone who is anticipating a Snake character update on the site:

DON'T. I mean, it is entirely POSSIBLE that he will get revealed (as Sakurai can do whatever he wants in the end), but there is some big evidence that says it WON'T happen (until after the game's release)

Sakurai has said Snake will be an unlockable, and he has also hinted that the Dojo will not be showing any unlockable content until after the game's release. (This is also consistent with the way the old Melee site was updated back when that game came out).

Anyway, just making yet another note of this because people seem to constantly get their hopes up for his update. :p

Edit: I think it's likely we'll still see him in future trailers on the site (because of what a big deal he is marketing wise)... I just don't think any unlockable content will have entries/their own pages until after the game comes out.
So basically you're saying that when people randomly and wildly guess what the update will be, they shouldn't pick snake because he's unlikely; they should pick one of the other slightly less unlikely updates. Because you SAY SO.

MrCheez

usea said:
So basically you're saying that when people randomly and wildly guess what the update will be, they shouldn't pick snake because he's unlikely; they should pick one of the other slightly less unlikely updates. Because you SAY SO.

Here is a tip that might come in handy when one plans on using 'The Internet': Try to actually read a post before responding to it.

:p I thought I made it pretty clear that I was simply trying to inform people that there is evidence that something they are getting their hopes up for probably won't happen.

Somnid

MrCheez said:
Here is a tip that might come in handy when one plans on using 'The Internet': Try to actually read a post before responding to it.

:p I thought I made it pretty clear that I was simply trying to inform people that there is evidence that something they are getting their hopes up for probably won't happen.

You give too little credit, this doesn't need to be stated. We already know it. No harm in a little speculative fun though.

Insaniac

do we have any idea if this runs at 60 FPS?

Also, I am not convinced that the game will be in widescreen. All the cinematics are widescreen, but no gameplay, and I wonder how widescreen would affect gameplay vs standard.

For example, in melee, when you were off screen, your char took damage slowly. Easy way to remedy this in widescreen, is remove this feature (it was pretty pointless imo)

Levels that have fixed edges, like ice climbers level (similarly, Rumble Falls)

Assist trophies, specifically The Devil, would be affected by wide screen.

MrCheez

Somnid said:
You give too little credit, this doesn't need to be stated. We already know it. No harm in a little speculative fun though.

I'm not convinced that everyone does know it though, which is the only reason I made my post. (I've seen "When will they have MGS updates?" and "Why haven't they had any Snake updates?" constantly).

To those of you who are aware of this but are just speculating for fun or because you think it's still possible... thats fine. My stance was never to argue with you, it was just to inform the people who don't seem to know about the information we've been given regarding Snake's situation.

Yeah, this is actually something I've been wondering about since that update. :/

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Insaniac said:
do we have any idea if this runs at 60 FPS?

Also, I am not convinced that the game will be in widescreen. All the cinematics are widescreen, but no gameplay, and I wonder how widescreen would affect gameplay vs standard.

For example, in melee, when you were off screen, your char took damage slowly. Easy way to remedy this in widescreen, is remove this feature (it was pretty pointless imo)

Levels that have fixed edges, like ice climbers level (similarly, Rumble Falls)

I guarantee you it will have widescreen, this is not some rushed ass Wario Ware Smooth Moves shit, this is Nintendo's AAA game with every freaking feature fans have wanted so OF COURSE its going to have Widescreen. Your reasoning its as bad as when people thought the game had no Wi-Fi because the latest box art mock-up didnt have the Wi-Fi logo on it.

And hell, its not like were gonna have an update that talks about it, this is a feature thats granted (hell, if we could put widescreen in for Tiger Wii, and lemme tell you EA didnt give us much time for that, Im sure Sakurai and crew can)

Insaniac

Raging Spaniard said:
I guarantee you it will have widescreen, this is not some rushed ass Wario Ware Smooth Moves shit, this is Nintendo's AAA game with every freaking feature fans have wanted so OF COURSE its going to have Widescreen. Your reasoning its as bad as when people thought the game had no Wi-Fi because the latest box art mock-up didnt have the Wi-Fi logo on it.

And hell, its not like were gonna have an update that talks about it, this is a feature thats granted (hell, if we could put widescreen in for Tiger Wii, and lemme tell you EA didnt give us much time for that, Im sure Sakurai and crew can)
Well I'm interested to see how they implement The Devil assist trophy on wifi, if for example a player using widescreen was fighting someone on a standard TV

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Time to go watch some History channel until 3.

Sad that most of my nights now revolve around this blog update.

Once again going to predict a stage, or an EarthBound update (PLEASE?)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
MrCheez said:

The only reason I wonder if there's a chance for Snake tonight is because Sakurai specifically showed off Snake at TGS. Otherwise I wouldn't expect him, for all the reasons you listed.

So I'm going to say character tonight, either Ness or Snake.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Well, I might as well stay up now.

How is everyone? Do you guys really do this every night? (this is directed at the Eastern timezone people like me).

MrCheez

MetatronM said:
The only reason I wonder if there's a chance for Snake tonight is because Sakurai specifically showed off Snake at TGS. Otherwise I wouldn't expect him, for all the reasons you listed.

So I'm going to say character tonight, either Ness or Snake.
It's possible. Even though I still think it won't happen, we all know Sakurai loves surprises and he can really do whatever he wants.

However I think if we're going to get a TGS-related update it might be a new gameplay trailer! This is what we got with E3... :) Although if this does happen, hopefully it will be longer than twenty seconds this time.
schuelma said:
Well, I might as well stay up now.

How is everyone? Do you guys really do this every night? (this is directed at the Eastern timezone people like me).
Yep. :( I wish the updates came a few hours sooner... I'd get a lot more sleep than I have the last few months. :p

Jiggy

Well, for a precedent in favor of seeing Snake tonight, Donkey Kong's profile was put up right after he was given away in that E3 trailer (I think it was E3).

But for a precedent against, Metaknight's been known since E3 2006 and he wasn't put up until recently. So I'm kind of sticking to my Ness prediction and all the subsequent GAF chaos.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Jiggy37 said:
Tonight one of two things will happen:

1) There will be no character profile update. If this happens, this week would be only the fourth week of updates (out of 18 weeks) to have no new profile. This is not my prediction.

:lol This is great, and I hope it happens.

MrCheez

We talked about this a few days ago, but... I can't freaking wait to hear some damn hands-on impressions. I've been expecting them for months now, but they never come!

Should be any week now....

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm so excited, this is my first time. :lol Oh to be a young college student again...

MrCheez

Firestorm said:
I predict one of:
- New Stage: Chozo Ruins
- New Character: Balloon Fighter

If they do unveil Balloon Fighter (who has really good chances since he was apparently originally planned for Melee or whatever)... do you think they will redesign him? His outfit looks a bit too similar to Mario for me...

gal_ms-t04.jpg

I'd like to see him get the Pit-treatment. (Not an anime redesign, just a reimagining in general.)

schuelma said:
I'm so excited, this is my first time. :lol Oh to be a young college student again...

Welcome to the family. :lol

titiklabingapat said:
I want Skytown or Bryyo from Metroid Prime 3!

MP3 Spoilers:

The part where you guard the bomb while it's falling would make a great stage, if Space Pirate ships shot at you from the background.

AceBandage said:
MP3 Spoilers:

The part where you guard the bomb while it's falling would make a great stage, if

Minor Metroid Prime 3 Spoilers

That would be a good action stage but it's not pretty enough. I want Skytown's vista of a hundred pods in the bg :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom