• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
WastingPenguins said:
I don't have class tomorrow so I can wait on this for a bit. How late are these late updates, usually?

They are rarely late.

But when they are late, they are usually like ten minutes late.

Then every once in a blue moon they are over an hour late. :( One time it was 3 hours I think.

Nabs

WastingPenguins said:
I don't have class tomorrow so I can wait on this for a bit. How late are these late updates, usually?

It could be an hour or two. Sometimes its only 20 minutes...

Tristam

Duderz said:
I really doubt they'd relegate an announcement like Sonicc to just a weekly update. That would for sure get some sort of press release, I'd think.

Wi-Fi play was merely relegated as an announcement, and Wi-Fi play is about 3002409324820134012834012394812492349128412948198234 times more important than any character.

Jiggy

You know, I can't wait until the game is released so that I'll stop staying up late five days a week for site updates and start staying up late seven days a week because I'm playing Smash Bros. for too long.

Jiggy37 said:
You know, I can't wait until the game is released so that I'll stop staying up late five days a week for site updates and start staying up late seven days a week because I'm playing Smash Bros. for too long.

don't get too anxious now, we still have a whole TWO MONTHS left :lol

my god this thread will be huge by then (as if it isn't already massive)

mball05_070920a.jpg

This is one of the Pokémon you get from Professor Rowan in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. It’s quite charming, so I’m sure there were quite a few people who chose it.

mball05_070920b.jpg

It emerges from the Poké Ball!

mball05_070920c.jpg

Suddenly, it starts sliding around using Surf!

The simpler the stage, the greater the effect of this may be. If you’re wondering why, it’s because anyone who gets caught up in that surf will get washed way with Piplup.

mball05_070920d.jpg

They’re getting washed away!

If you get washed away, do what you can to get back. Even simple characters like this really stir things up on stages.

Firestorm

WastingPenguins said:

I think Diddy Kong was around 2:30 AM Pacific. I'm going to bed and putting my laptop on sleep near me and if I wake up in the middle of the night I'll check this.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Feel sorry for you North American guys, but eh we've had to deal with late night updates with E3 for years :lol

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Firestorm said:
I think Diddy Kong was around 2:30 AM Pacific. I'm going to bed and putting my laptop on sleep near me and if I wake up in the middle of the night I'll check this.

A few weeks back I couldn't stay up for the update... when I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom I checked the site on my cell phone while on the can. :lol

Duderz

Banned
Tristam said:
Wi-Fi play was merely relegated as an announcement, and Wi-Fi play is about 3002409324820134012834012394812492349128412948198234 times more important than any character.

I had a feeling this would come up.

Thing is, Wi-Fi doesn't really affect any other company besides Nintendo - I'm sure Sega would want to trumpet the inclusion of Sonic, not to mention all the copyright issues that could come up.

I just don't think Sonic would be announced like this; and I agree, Wi-Fi >>>>> Sonic.

Jiggy37 said:
Two and a half. :(

that amount of time sounds sureal. by now I think they're just sitting around trying to think of daily bonus modes and characters to add (and "tightening up the graphics") when you consider that the game was good enough to ship by Konami standards 6 months ago.

I bet they just came in the office with a hangover and they're like: "Oh shit we gotta patch something up for the update!!"

"Google some sonic pics!!"

fernoca

Duderz said:
I had a feeling this would come up.

Thing is, Wi-Fi doesn't really affect any other company besides Nintendo - I'm sure Sega would want to trumpet the inclusion of Sonic, not to mention all the copyright issues that could come up.

I just don't think Sonic would be announced like this; and I agree, Wi-Fi >>>>> Sonic.
Also keep in mind that there was no "big press release"..for Snake, heck not even a big trailer.
As cool as the original trailer was (and as shocking it was back then), it was shown to some members of the press at a special presentation...leaked early because of some cellphone pics.. (not even at Nintendo's pre-E3 conference)

But who knows..

Jiggy

Maybe tonight's update will be playable Piplup. And then after that they'll show playable Samurai Goroh and Lyn.

Poor Zeed. :(

VultureDude said:
that amount of time sounds sureal. by now I think they're just sitting around trying to think of daily bonus modes and characters to add when you consider that the game was good enough to ship by Konami standards 6 months ago.
Kojima standards. ;)
But yeah, whatever they've been doing all this time is... probably going to be ludicrously cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom