• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecco

This thread will grow once one of the other 3rd party characters is shown/announced.

Oh and why am i not on that list? :lol

Scribble

I wonder what it's like actually modeling/texturing the ass. They must know what they're doing XD

edit: They'll probably do the same for Tingle.

Cyan said:
Good work gents. As of the Snake update, this thread is now officially the longest on GAF, having surpassed the 2007 MLB thread (21,054 at last count).

In honor of that occasion, let's see the latest post counts for the thread:

Code:
Zeed   		724
ShockingAlberto 577
How the fuck has be been banned and still 200 posts ahead of me

Scribble

If Zeed's post count was twice as large as it is now, then Lyn would have been a playable character. You only get out what you put in, and he only put enough in to make Lyn an Assist Trophy.

Grecco said:
Oh and why am i not on that list? :lol

Not enough posts, stranger.

Anyway, I've been playing some Melee lately... wtf. It's like my hands are anvils or something, I've reached levels of suckitude that make me want to slap myself. :(

Good thing I have a few months left.

Haunted

It makes me sad that I have to wait a few days for the next update. Fucking weekends. :(

ShockingAlberto said:
How the fuck has be been banned and still 200 posts ahead of me
Zeed did some excessive posting.

Akai

Holy Order Sol said:
Good thing I have a few months left.
I have a feeling that Brawl is going to feel the same way Melee did after SSB...Completely different, making practice almost worthless... ='D

Akai said:
I have a feeling that Brawl is going to feel the same way Melee did after SSB...Completely different, making practice almost worthless... ='D
I'm choosing not to touch Melee until Brawl comes out. I want it to feel as fresh as possible.

Koshiba

Wow.. Snake is looking pretty sexy.. ;) :lol Friend of mine already has it preordered so hopefully he'll bring it over for game night when he gets it. :D

Duderz

Banned
Iam Canadian said:
It means that at least eighteen franchises will be represented in Smash, possibly more.

But why do people keep quoting it? Why was eighteen the number people arrived at?

EDIT: NVM, saw the answer a few pages back.

Akai said:

I doubt the difference will be as big this time. SSB's game engine was pretty crude in a lot of ways. Judging from what gameplay we've see thus far, the difference between Melee and Brawl won't be anywhere near as great.

Besides that, a lot of skills translate between SSB and Melee surprisingly well. Then again, it works both ways. Whenever I play SSB I constantly try to airdodge, it's terrible. I can see it now-- a year from now, after months of intense Brawling, I'll boot up Melee and continually lose stocks while trying to go for the "toadstool jump" spikes. :lol

Haunted

Duderz said:
Can someone remind me why the 1 - 18 or so logo list is so important?
It did give us a great benchmark for appearing franchises.

1-11 = Franchises from the original Smash Brothers
12-14 = Franchises introduced in Melee (that's how we know one more franchise is returning (13 is missing, probably Game & Watch))
15 and onwards = new stuff! Although we don't know where the icon list will end. 18 is the last icon that's already revealed.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I just realized that when Kirby swallows Snake, he'll be able to use hand grenades. :lol

(Plus hopefully he'll have a bitchin' beard!)

Scribble

Icon 19: Sonic
Icon 20: Megaman
Icon 21: Pikmin
Icon 22: Nazo no Murasamejou
Icon 23: Stafy
Icon 24: Tingle

This is what will happen. Believe. >_>

Shinobix said:
Oh my..179 posts by me? When did that happen?

It kind of creeps up behind you, doesn't it?

MrCheez said:
I just realized that when Kirby swallows Snake, he'll be able to use hand grenades. :lol

(Plus hopefully he'll have a bitchin' beard!)
That is going to be so funny. Too bad he can't have Snake's tight ass as well! :lol

mclem

Haunted One said:
12-14 = Franchises introduced in Melee (that's how we know one more franchise is returning (13 is missing, probably Game & Watch))
Can I just give a scary hypothesis?

This numbered list may not have been created for Brawl. It's not impossible that the numbering stems from a big Master List of franchises buried somewhere in the design doc created way back for 64, then expanded for Melee, and is now being expanded for Brawl. The numbering scheme would date back to that early list, and so the existence of G&W at 13 *could* merely be due to its existence when created for Melee, and would therefore not be a sign of any necessary G&W content in Brawl.

I should add that I don't think this theory is at all *likely*; if nothing else, G&W fits a nice little iconic slot as "Early Nintendo Representative", and so I think he's in. I'm just bringing it up as something that's not completely unlikely.

mclem said:
I should add that I don't think this theory is at all *likely*; if nothing else, G&W fits a nice little iconic slot as "Early Nintendo Representative", and so I think he's in. I'm just bringing it up as something that's not completely unlikely.

I like the sound of that. I will now await the appearence of an Ultra Hand.

GamerSoul

dannie said:
070921mariogh9.jpg

:D

How did I miss this?:lol

Poor Mario getting choked out by Snake. I can't wait to see Snake choking Pikachu and Kirby! :lol

Scribble said:
Icon 19: Sonic
Icon 20: Megaman
Icon 21: Pikmin
Icon 22: Nazo no Murasamejou
Icon 23: Stafy
Icon 24: Tingle

This is what will happen. Believe. >_>

Here's my wish:

19. Punch-Out
20. Pikmin
21. Advance Wars
22. Custom Robo
23. Resident Evil
24. Castlevania

Twig

Banned
jiangjunizzy said:
why would tingle have his own icon
Same reason Wario does?

Seems like the Tingle RPG team wants to make a separate franchise out of Tingle, so I could see it happening.

Still I would expect Tingle to be under the Zelda icon at this point. Tingle isn't quite an established franchise yet.

Of course this is all assuming Tingle is in the game (HE BETTER BE A FIGHTER).

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
If Tingle is a fighter.. you can expect the planets to align and the human populace to fall into an era of platonic love and peace till the end of time.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
5yx5xk5.jpg

snake_070921l-l.jpg

5yhhvtg.jpg

Okay, I am now convinced that Snake and Samus have some kind of rivalry; probably over whose skin-tight spandex ass is better. An Ass Rivalry, if you will.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Linkup said:
More like the typical MGS love arch. Just need a third pic of him sitting by her dieing body.
No, if it's a Metal Gear love story, then by canon it'll be more like this:

"Come on, Samus. I think it's time to quit the battlefield."

"Can we really do that, Snake?"

"I think we can... together."

ONE MONTH LATER

"Snake, this is Campbell. I know you've retired like twenty times now but we need you again."

"Okay, whatever."

"Hey, what happened to Samus?"

"Who?"

Jiggy

ShockingAlberto said:
I'm choosing not to touch Melee until Brawl comes out. I want it to feel as fresh as possible.
Likewise, though it's getting difficult.

And for me it's not even just a matter of freshness. The SSB-->SSBM transition taught me well enough that most skill honing done in the current game will end up pointless or even counterproductive in the sequel. Whole new set of mechanics to play with.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
You know, going back through those screenshots, I remembered something that distinctly bothered me.

4m33zig.jpg

Please. Look at that for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom