• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Adding the Miis into the game as the new wire frame team would be pretty cool.

I've always wanted to fight against a team of Hitlers and Michael Jacksons

JohnTinker said:
Adding the Miis into the game as the new wire frame team would be pretty cool.

I've always wanted to fight against a team of Hitlers and Michael Jacksons
Yeah this was talked about here in the past. This would be so cool if it happens as I would love to fight against all of my Miis! :D

Darkpen

Banned
Raging Spaniard said:
I dont think his final Smash will be a Metal Gear, Snake hates Metal Gears! plus, I don't remember him ever riding one, he fights them.

I COULD see a Metal Gear be an integral part of his stage though, that would make a lot more sense.
he's never said he "hates" metal gears D:

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
We need something from Mario Party in this game. I'm obviously not talking character(s), but a stage will be great. Music, on the other hand will be really great, as no matter how much you hate Mario party, if you've played it you will know that some Mini-Games and Boards have some nice and addictive music.

Not to mention Waluigi's stage can be Waluigi's Island from Mario Party 3.

Come on Sakurai!

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Raging Spaniard said:
I dont think his final Smash will be a Metal Gear, Snake hates Metal Gears! plus, I don't remember him ever riding one, he fights them.
You might want to watch the new MGS4 trailer.

Raging Spaniard said:

I COULD see a Metal Gear be an integral part of his stage though, that would make a lot more sense.

i dont think snake ever road a cypher either

WastingPenguins said:
That's kind of ambiguous. I can't tell if he's just saying that the main theme will be orchestrated and someone translated that sentence poorly, or if he's saying that all the music will be orchestrated. The sentence right after that, "it will be complete with latin lyrics", makes me think maybe he's just referring to the main theme... who knows.

It does seem like it when you read the last sentence :-(

Iam Canadian said:
I'm thinking that Snake's box might be his shield, like how Yoshi's shield is an egg.

how would one explain him moving so slow in it then? last I checked, blocking and rolling was a speedy proceedure...

SantaC

btw, you think it's possible that me and my brother can connect online at the same place and then play team against two random people?

Here's to a Mega Man announcement on Monday!

Leon Kennedy

Crushed

Fry Daddy
mg0013.jpg
mg0014.jpg
mg0012.jpg
mg0011.jpg

:lol

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Someone translate this:

また、来場した業界関係者からの20周年お祝いコメントも披露された。「大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズX」でスネークが登場することから話題を振られたソラの桜井政博氏は、「スネークは非常にキャラが立っている。『スマブラX』の中でもダンボールをかぶったり、動かしていて楽しいキャラになっています」と『スマブラX』でのスネークの近況が語られたり、コーエーの襟川夫妻のあいさつでは、実はシブサワ・コウ氏は「新作が出るたびに、攻略本をいっぱい贈ってもらっている」といった暴露話などが披露され、会場の笑いを誘っていた。

Apparently Sakurai showed up for the 20th Anniversary, and said something funny.

Milabrega

SantaC said:
Leon Kennedy

Megaman update coming monday ( In honor of Megaman Legends mobile ).

The Leon Kennedy announcement won't happen until the capcom event in october where they announce RE2 Remake
for mobile!! ..... Come on who didn't highlight this already expecting a terrible mobile joke

I love the mgs4 themed music. I'm wondering which game the metal gear stage will be from. I'm guessing It will be either 1 or 2 since 3 and 4 each have a different version of snake....

scottnak

91 posts. Wow. Heh. I've contributed to the longest thread in each forum. Spiffy.
There's like... 50 Japan time Updates left I think... this is gonna be a fun 2nd half...
A good chunk of those have to be new wow-ers coming... :eek:...

Dr.Hadji

CreatureX3 said:
Hmm I wonder what he said? Hopefully he said Ridley will be revealed as being playable real soon! :D

Nothing about Ridley. It did mention that wearing a box and moving around is fun. But that's my rough translation.

It talks about...
the 20th aniversary
mentions sakruai.
mentions how snake is part of the smash bros.

Then it gets kinda weird.... creating something new to capture the other issues and that it's a unique gift.

I got lost. *shrugs* Maybe I'll do a better job later.

Dr.Hadji said:
Then it gets kinda weird.... creating something new to capture the other issues and that it's a unique gift.

I got lost. *shrugs* Maybe I'll do a better job later.

Maybe it means that they were trying to create something new with this Smash Bros. for the Wii to make up for and fix some of the issues from the GCN one, and that it's a unique gift to be able to do such a thing... or something...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
GamerSoul said:
Beautiful update. :D

That theme is pretty epic too, that settles it I'm gonna give Snake a fair try.
If Snake is ready to use right at the beginning, my order of play will be Wario, Capt. Falcon and then Snake.

Capt. Falcon to be confirmed next week!

Threi

notag
crappily babelfish'd

In addition, also 20th anniversary celebration comments from the industry authorized personnel who attends were announced. With as for governmental Hiroshi Sakurai of ソラ which was shaken topic from the fact that "large scuffle スマッシュブラザーズ X" the snake appears, "as for the snake キャラ stands very. The cardboard is worn ' even スマブラ X ' among them, it is moving and has become pleasant キャラ "that the being disclosed story and the like that ' recent condition of the スマブラ X ' with snake talks, in greeting of the collar river husband and wife of コーエー, to tell the truth as for シブサワ コウ" at each time the new work comes out, has had sending the capture book all the way ", was announced, invited laughing the meeting place.

Jiggy

Cyan said:
In honor of that occasion, let's see the latest post counts for the thread:

Code:
Zeed   		724
ShockingAlberto 577
Firestorm 	469
Haunted One 	454
Jiggy37 	440
Awesome.

Somnid said:
Good God, if Zeed wasn't banned the Halo 3 thread wouldn't stand a chance.
I think it might get beaten in the long run regardless, actually. Right now it's at 309 pages (50 per page). After the game's release I expect another 300 or so following relatively quickly. That might be lowballing, but the logic I'm working on is that Pokemon D/P ultimately only managed around 312 and most of that was because people basically had to communicate via GAF to get games set up, whereas for Halo 3 they have a perfectly workable system built into the console itself.

As for this thread, it's at 425 pages after 18 weeks of updates, and there are 10 weeks of updates remaining. If the posting rate remains consistent, we should end up at around 661 pages before the official SSBB thread starts up.
Of course, the posting rate may slow down. Partly because of the temporary Zeed absence. :lol But more because the Subspace Emissary and Wi-Fi Play updates were about as big as it'll ever get in terms of single updates that spark a load of thread activity, so in some ways the best is behind us.

On the bright side...
Any new challengers from here on out will be entirely new to us, no E3 remnants left. And 12 SSBM characters have gotten profiles so far. Assuming that even as few as two characters were cut, this means we've already seen at least half of the returning fighters.

Jiggy37 said:
As for this thread, it's at 425 pages after 18 weeks of updates, and there are 10 weeks of updates remaining. If the posting rate remains consistent, we should end up at around 661 pages before the official SSBB thread starts up.
Of course, the posting rate may slow down. Partly because of the temporary Zeed absence. :lol But more because the Subspace Emissary and Wi-Fi Play updates were about as big as it'll ever get in terms of single updates that spark a load of thread activity, so in some ways the best is behind us.
I think posts will pick up here when we start getting more video updates!

Haunted

Jiggy37 said:

On the bright side...
Any new challengers from here on out will be entirely new to us, no E3 remnants left. And 12 SSBM characters have gotten profiles so far. Assuming that even as few as two characters were cut, this means we've already seen at least half of the returning fighters.
Good summary. I believe we do have the biggest announcements behind us, but the game is already so full to the brim with fanservicey
not a real word
goodness that everything coming now is just icing on the cake.

I'm totally hyped for the new characters.... 3rd party and otherwise.

Cyan said:
In honor of that occasion, let's see the latest post counts for the thread:

Code:
Zeed   		724
ShockingAlberto 577
Firestorm 	469
Haunted One 	454
Firestoooorm!
emot-argh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom