• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaC

You know, going back through those screenshots, I remembered something that distinctly bothered me.

4m33zig.jpg

Please. Look at that for a second.

hitler?

Crushed

Fry Daddy
SantaC said:
No, just a blond haired blue eyed genetically superior warrior (committed to wiping out the dangerous sub-human species) saluting flags with her left arm outstretched.

ShockingAlberto said:
It's just the shadows, I think.

I'm relatively okay with Samus cameltoe, though.

Uh, that's not what I was talking about.

Get your mind out of the gutter.

Jiggy

I actually tend to have more fun losing, since that means I've learned something from the match.

Oh, and I stand by my opinion that there had still better be JUSTIN BAILEY Samus as an alternate color. The red suit, the white leggings, the green hair, all of it. ...Well, except her face. That should be updated to the current flesh color.

Jiggy

turk128 said:
Miis can be included in SBB; they could be used as enemies in the adventure mode.
Maybe if they're zombies controlled by the Subspace Army. I'm more inclined to think I'd get penalized for hurting a Mii, but maybe that's just me.

turk128

Jiggy37 said:
Maybe if they're zombies controlled by the Subspace Army. I'm more inclined to think I'd get penalized for hurting a Mii, but maybe that's just me.
The Subspace's version of headcrabs? That way you have to hit them precisely or else hurt the Miis.

Tristam

I've been listening to the MGS tune some more, and it sounds like a mix of a Chrono Cross track and the Pirates of the Caribbean theme. Which is sweet.

SantaC

Linkzg said:
it will be fun to crush your confidence in smash ability as well as everyone elses.

:lol

Btw since SEGA is so optimistic about Mario and Sonic Olympic sales that might bode well for sonic in smash. I see no reason for SEGA to not have him in there, I guess it's probably up to Nintendo who can be stubborn with the thought of other characters than their own.

I'm pretty much 100% convinced Sonic is in Brawl, the olympics game pretty much confirmed it. Of course Sakurai won't reveal it until after the game is released just to keep the fanbase in suspense.

SantaC

LegendofJoe said:
I'm pretty much 100% convinced Sonic is in Brawl, the olympics game pretty much confirmed it. Of course Sakurai won't reveal it until after the game is released just to keep the fanbase in suspense.

some magazine probably get the sonic exclusive before the game is out

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Whoa, I have only 68 posts in this thread. :(

...actually that's a bit more than I was thinking I had. Hurrah! I need to waffle on a bit more now;

:lol at the Yorick pictures! I completely missed those.

Also Crushed, you're nuts. But in a good way.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Back to the whole "Why is Snake on the site if he's a secret character?" thing, it's pretty clear the only reason why they made a special exception for him was simply because his inclusion in the game is anything but a secret now.

Honestly, if he was kept for an update on the site AFTER the game was out, wouldn't you be thinking "No, duh" about it?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Pureauthor said:
People, people.

The rivalry is Mega Man and Kirby. You know, the whole 'I can absorb my enemy's powers' thing?

So what happens when Kirby swallows Mega Man then? Eh? Would that cancel him out or cause a small implosion or something?

Rindain

Banned
I'm really hoping for any kind of Metroid-themed update this weak. It's sad how little attention this series has gotten in Smash so far.

Scribble

Pureauthor said:
People, people.

The rivalry is Mega Man and Kirby. You know, the whole 'I can absorb my enemy's powers' thing?

True. Just imagine a Subspace Emissary cutscene where Kirby and Megaman are fighting eachother, and they both cycle through their powers to try to gain the advantage (Milky Way Wishes Kirby).

So what happens when Kirby swallows Mega Man then? Eh? Would that cancel him out or cause a small implosion or something?

He'd turn into Milky Way Wishes Kirby, I guess. Lol.

I'm really hoping for any kind of Metroid-themed update this weak. It's sad how little attention this series has gotten in Smash so far.

Like...Newcomer Ridley? I agree =P

SovanJedi said:

Kirby will absorb Mega Men's fighting ability - Mega Buster. He doesn't absorb Mega Man's ability to absorb. That'd just be silly.

Let's say that Megaman is in and that he only gets to have one piece of music for his stage. What should that music track be? I vote Cutman music from Megaman 1.

Scribble

Oh well, I hope Crono makes it in instead of Megaman, anyway.

But that probably won't happen -- if a SE character made it in, it'd probably be Sora >_>

I think Stafy and Kirby would be a better rivalry, anyway. Lol.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Pureauthor said:
Kirby will absorb Mega Men's fighting ability - Mega Buster. He doesn't absorb Mega Man's ability to absorb. That'd just be silly.

He... might! :( I could imagine him with a teeny tiny Mega-Buster on the arm though.

Let's say that Megaman is in and that he only gets to have one piece of music for his stage. What should that music track be? I vote Cutman music from Megaman 1.

There's easily one clear answer to this - Dr. Wily's Stage, Mega Man 2. Hands down.

Speaking of Megaman and Sonic, what model of the characters would you guys want the Brawl version of them to mirror?

Personally I like this model of Megaman:

xpw8.jpg

Sonic is sonic though, so I don't really care much about what his model looks like.

Zerodoppler said:

Well, we know he won't get only 1 piece if he makes it in, but for the sake of argument:

MM2 - Dr. Wily Stage One. Not even a contest.

LegendofJoe said:
Speaking of Megaman and Sonic, what model of the characters would you guys want the Brawl version of them to mirror?

Personally I like this model of Megaman:

[Mega Man X]

Sonic is sonic though, so I don't really care much about what his model looks like.

Hmm... personally, I don't think Capcom wants the guy from the most screwed up of all the Mega Man subseries to make it in, but that's just me. :D

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Even though I do like X the best of all versions of Mega Man, I think for iconic purposes they should use the original Blue Bomber. Maybe he can use Rush as an Up+B recovery attack then too!

SantaC

Zerodoppler said:

dr wily stage 1 +2 MM2 of course

mclem

Zerodoppler said:
No doubt: Intro screen music, MM2.

Zerodoppler said:
Megaman 2, Wily Stage 1. HAS to be.

Darkpen

Banned
you know what, I don't doubt Megaman/Megaman EXE/Megaman Z's Zero making an appearance :|

If consistency with fighting game cameos that have appeared in other fighting games are to be believed (with, you know, Snake being the only character who this applies to at the moment), I'm certain we'll see some Capcom love.

The issue I see, though, is third-parties worrying about undermining their own franchises or characters. People want S-E characters, but S-E's coming out with their own fighting game, Dissidia. People want Megaman, but there's already been three Megaman cameos in Capcom fighting games already, notably Marval vs Capcom, SNK vs Capcom (or was it the other way around... whichever has the SNK art style), and that Onimusha-whatever fighting game that had Megaman EXE.

But whatever, I still want to see Nintendo third party classic characters, and Snake would've probably never been in Smash had Kojima not asked for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom