• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F |OT| BELEEK (PS3/Vita)

Rhapsody

Banned
I was kinda somewhat close. Just about 16k away. Just couldn't eliminate some of those Goods.

Edit: Oh wow. Looking at those scores, so little Goods.

Kumubou

What, no bonus points for the module used?
Even though it would be more deserving of a score penalty.

6d2o.png

I never want to play Cat Food again in my life. D: That's cool of yyr to split it; I wasn't expecting that. (pot splits? collusion? What is this, a fighting game?)

Caved and bought the game on psn. I had 17 worth of credit and nothing to spend it on figured now was as good a time as any.

Can't wait to have some fun with miku :3

yyr

Wow, I barely won that.

I can't believe that the margin was so small! Yeah, I had two mistakes during Chance Time, and then three afterwards...I always seem to choke at the end. =( Congrats!

I've split the prize because I already had the Snow Miku DLC =)

Side note: I don't understand why many of my runs had differences of 20 points here or there. Is there a way to maximize points on holds that I'm unaware of? Any ideas?

What, no bonus points for the module used?

I hope not.

catfood.png

Guess I'm boring, lol.

Side note #2: one run earlier this week, I was running fewer than 10 Goods and had 100% Cools through Chance Time...then broke combo at the end. The feeling of nervousness I get when I'm nearing the end of a record run is unmatched by pretty much anything. I love this game.

macklelol

I can't believe that the margin was so small! Yeah, I had two mistakes during Chance Time, and then three afterwards...I always seem to choke at the end. =( Congrats!

Side note: I don't understand why many of my runs had differences of 20 points here or there. Is there a way to maximize points on holds that I'm unaware of? Any ideas?
Well, getting a good on holds halves the bonus points you get for holding them. Same thing for double notes, you'll get 100 bonus instead of 200 bonus points if you get good/fine.

It's more likely a factor of when your Goods/Fines were; depending on when the combo multiplier is applied a Good or Fine later in the song will probably cost you more potential score than one early in the song. Not quite sure which way it goes though.

Doubles are another key point, where if you hold one and press the other you're forgoing a 200 point bonus for pressing both simultaneously.

It might be technically possible to game the hold bonuses by starting them early and releasing them late, but any extra score earned that way is probably offset by the chance of not earning a Cool timing on either one.

yyr

Well, getting a good on holds halves the bonus points you get for holding them. Same thing for double notes, you'll get 100 bonus instead of 200 bonus points if you get good/fine.

This explains it. Many of my Goods were on the tricky sections with holds. Argh!

By the way, I noticed that there's a site with a high score table for all of PDf/F. You should totally go there and post your score...it's way higher than what's there!

Well, as a resident of the EU I had the choice between 43€ disk version from VG+ (Canada) and the 45€ digital version off the EU PSN....

Clearly the VG+ price was more than reasonable for me.

UK PSN: £36.99

VG+: £31.30 + £4.69 P&P = £35.99

Well, that's dumb.

Still not quite sure what happened with EU pricing. Before release it was announced as £34.99 but then it launched at £31.99 accidentally and it's been set at £36.99 ever since.

Considering that £37 is near as dammit full price (GTAV will be sold for £40 at ASDA, and I expect a minor supermarket price war over it, I would not be surprised if someone's prepared to sell it for less than £37 launch day), I would not be surprised if sales have been affected considering the US price equates to £31.50, which is far more reasonable.

Impressive scores! Thanks again for the fun contest StarCreator, I only managed to shave down to 28 goods and 488k~ for my submission. My best run had 23 goods but I choked and got a safe. I stopped using perfectionist as I was bleeding Diva Points with how many retries I was doing before completion.

cjkeats

I haven't seen anyone mention the 3D, I guess no one tried it? I'm curious as to if it makes the notes float up over the background a bit. Might make it easier to play some of the songs where the notes blur into the background.

rpmurphy

I haven't seen anyone mention the 3D, I guess no one tried it? I'm curious as to if it makes the notes float up over the background a bit. Might make it easier to play some of the songs where the notes blur into the background.
Yeah, I'd have to read back some of the earlier pages to see if anyone did (I do believe so...). For Theatrhythm on the 3DS, the 3D effect helped by bringing out the notes, so I would think it would also be the case here.

Aytrial

I'm progressing quite nicely with my Edit track. Sega really provided all the tools you need to make tracks with the same quality as the ones provided out of the box. However, I don't think I'll be making a video to go along with it just yet as that'll take forever.

OMG Aero

I'm progressing quite nicely with my Edit track. Sega really provided all the tools you need to make tracks with the same quality as the ones provided out of the box. However, I don't think I'll be making a video to go along with it just yet as that'll take forever.
Are you going to upload it when you're finished? I'd like to give an edit track a go but the in-game interface for finding them is terrible.

Aytrial

Are you going to upload it when you're finished? I'd like to give an edit track a go but the in-game interface for finding them is terrible.

Yeah, I'll definitely be uploading it when I'm done. It'll also give me the other trophies related to Edit Mode, so I'll be hitting two birds with one stone.

So on the subject on issues with the arcade style controller: I didn't get a good chance to observe people playing with it at Otakon, but I noticed at Anime USA that when the buttons are pressed the top surface actually buckles a bit, which didn't happen with the Dreamy Theater 2nd controller. My working hypothesis at the moment is that the buckling is actually enough to trigger adjacent sensors, causing gameplay issues. I haven't opened it up to inspect the issue further, but in reviewing photos I had previously taken of the two I already have a likely culprit (see if you can spot it too):

IMG_3114.JPG

IMG_4180.JPG

Kikirin

Congrats to all the score attack winners! Your Cool/Good ratios are pretty solid, considering the tightness of the game's timing. Coupled with the much lower margin for error when competing on a lower-difficulty song, your wins are hard-fought and very well deserved.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
So on the subject on issues with the arcade style controller: I didn't get a good chance to observe people playing with it at Otakon, but I noticed at Anime USA that when the buttons are pressed the top surface actually buckles a bit, which didn't happen with the Dreamy Theater 2nd controller. My working hypothesis at the moment is that the buckling is actually enough to trigger adjacent sensors, causing gameplay issues. I haven't opened it up to inspect the issue further, but in reviewing photos I had previously taken of the two I already have a likely culprit (see if you can spot it too):

So you were at Otakon too? I played quite a bit of Project Diva F there both Friday and Saturday night... you wouldn't happen to be an Asian guy with a Miku-themed Vita would you?

So you were at Otakon too? I played quite a bit of Project Diva F there both Friday and Saturday night... you wouldn't happen to be an Asian guy with a Miku-themed Vita would you?

No Miku Vita here. I'm the owner of the Project DIVA F setup that was facing the center of the room. (Having two setups was completely unplanned and I kind of wish they were at least back to back rather than the other setup being illogically off in the far corner of another table.)

There were a lot of guest related activities at Otakon so I was in the game room maybe for an hour tops all weekend.

yyr

That's BS. I know that the 2nd controller cost even more, but for that amount of money you would think they'd have made something a bit more durable.

I'm also having problems with my mini controller. I don't know if it's because of my sweat, or what, but no less than five times so far, I've had instances where I tapped a button (specifically, the O button) twice rapidly, and it either stuck or otherwise didn't register the second press, causing a combo break. For a game that demands such precision, this is just brutal. I used a DS3 for my last few attempts at the score challenge, instead...it felt weird at first, but it might actually work better than the larger controller, which defeats the purpose of the larger controller =\

So did anyone try beating the score I posted at the end of page 19? =)

cjkeats

32 hours and 24 minutes later I've finally cleared all songs on Hard.
I'm still having a ton of fun with the game too, so I'm ready to make an attempt at Extreme, but given how hard some of the more difficult songs were for me I don't see it happening. I'll just aim for more perfects on lower difculties.

My art gallery is also at 99% and that's not insanely frustrating at all. Not at alllllll *twitch*

32 hours and 24 minutes later I've finally cleared all songs on Hard.
I'm still having a ton of fun with the game too, so I'm ready to make an attempt at Extreme, but given how hard some of the more difficult songs were for me I don't see it happening. I'll just aim for more perfects on lower difculties.

My art gallery is also at 99% and that's not insanely frustrating at all. Not at alllllll *twitch*

You could do only the songs that you like on extreme and be done with it :)

cjkeats

You could do only the songs that you like on extreme and be done with it :)
I don't wanna be done with it! I haven't had this much fun with a game in years. I'll be playing this for a longggggg time. I really want to get good enough to clear Extreme. I want to get that two handed thing down too someone linked on the last page.
Yep, only thing that's holding me back from a plat.
I have a playlist playing now from the TV in the Diva Room. It has to load between songs so I'm just going to leave that going while my controller charges and hope the missing one pops up.

Aytrial

Yep, only thing that's holding me back from a plat.

I have a playlist playing now from the TV in the Diva Room. It has to load between songs so I'm just going to leave that going while my controller charges and hope the missing one pops up.

If you want the quickest way of increasing your chances of getting the loading screen you're missing, from the Main Menu choose the Mode Select (but don't proceed all the way to the song list) and then exit back to the Main Menu. It nets you two loading screens in a few seconds.

This method obviously is the most intensive as you have to keep pressing buttons, so if you're lazy you can still do the TV method but it'll take a while since it needs to play the whole video.

Top Bottom