• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F |OT| BELEEK (PS3/Vita)

ramyeon

Don't stop until you perfect Sadistic Music Factory and Negaposi. Never stop.

One of the things I really liked about the Guitar Hero games is that they let you practice individual parts of a song. It's one of those things that would be nice to have in all rhythm games. It does kind of suck when there's only one part of the song towards the end that causes problems. It was kind of annoying my first time perfecting Hachi Hachi whatever on extreme because the only part that caused me issues was right at the very end of the chance time. I couldn't seem to recognize what the rhythm of one set of notes was, and I didn't like having to do the entire song just to have a chance to practice that one part.
Oh man, I hope I can some day but it'll be awhile haha. Those were hard enough to even get standards on! That said I never thought I'd be able to get Excellents on Hard and here I am.

Being able to play specific portions of songs would be really, really great. It'd really just improve the game so much for me because nailing those tech and chance portions is so necessary in getting good grades.

Still have only one Perfect to date
on Normal mode
:(

Labrys

So in f2nd if you have f save data it carries over modules and stuff, right? Do DLC modules also carry over? I'm growing attached to the Senbonsakura pack.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So in f2nd if you have f save data it carries over modules and stuff, right? Do DLC modules also carry over? I'm growing attached to the Senbonsakura pack.

They do carry over.

I'm still having a hard time returning to this game :x , I really want to do a review though so I'm just going to have to stomach through hard and extreme one of these days.

Labrys

They do carry over.

I'm still having a hard time returning to this game :x , I really want to do a review though so I'm just going to have to stomach through hard and extreme one of these days.

Alright, rad, thanks! Rin Future Style will also see some use in f2nd then.

ramyeon

2014-04-17-18040484kf7.jpg
Accidentally got my second perfect while trying to get some DP haha. Normal is really, really easy after playing on Hard exclusively for the last few days.

NotLiquid

I only just found out the Vita version is available in western markets. I kind of really want this.

How much content is in the game? I'd like a good rhythm game on my Vita.

ramyeon

I only just found out the Vita version is available in western markets. I kind of really want this.

How much content is in the game? I'd like a good rhythm game on my Vita.
A lot. I've been playing for 35-40 hours already I believe. And I don't usually like rhythm games, I'm converted now.

mstevens

Picked this game up and my impression after about an hour is wow this game is fun but HARD. I'm pretty good at a lot of rhythm games like guitar hero, rock band, theatrhythm etc but I'm struggling on normal for some of these early songs even. So much going on on screen and the screen swipes are throwing me off (vita version) but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Glad I grabbed this.. will check it out some more tomorrow.

upandaway

Oh whoa this thread, I forgot to post here. So um, I had a 15 hour flight that just vanished when I booted this game up for the first time on it. I couldn't even process what happened, had so many plans for that flight haha.

I'm now ~40 hours into it with all songs on Easy, Normal and Hard Excellent'd (a few perfects). On all 3 difficulties I just default to the 4x Diva Points challenge because it might as well not even be there.
Making my way through just clearing Extreme, and Summer Idol completely twisted my brain (though I somehow managed to clear it) and now I'm stuck on World's End Dance Hall. Forget clearing it, I can't even get to the end of the song :lol keep dropping out at the wheel of death in the middle of it.

Anyone have any tips for that part? It's the same with any long chain of double signs, I press as fast as I can but I can't even maintain SAFE for more than 5 taps.

ramyeon

Picked this game up and my impression after about an hour is wow this game is fun but HARD. I'm pretty good at a lot of rhythm games like guitar hero, rock band, theatrhythm etc but I'm struggling on normal for some of these early songs even. So much going on on screen and the screen swipes are throwing me off (vita version) but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I suggest starting on Easy and working up from there, I had a lot of trouble on Normal when I first started playing as well and that helped ease me into it. Now I'm fine up until Hard. Still can't manage Extreme though.

ShadiWulf

These games are major sensory overload, but you adjust the more you play it. It's great fun ;D

I never thought I was going to be able to get used to the backgrounds, but... you do. somehow. it makes you appear magical to people who have never played Project Diva and try it for their first time and are quite shocked at how hard of a game it is.

mstevens

I asked this on the PSN thread, but this would probably be a more appropriate place.

How do you generally approach the game? On easy I find it easier to star the the spinning arrows for timing, but that's not really viable with so many things flying everywhere on normal.. feel like I need to look ahead, but my timing gets way off because I don't know these songs.

Also.. the touch screen DJ stuff on vita is throwing me off too for some reason.

ShadiWulf

I asked this on the PSN thread, but this would probably be a more appropriate place.

How do you generally approach the game? On easy I find it easier to star the the spinning arrows for timing, but that's not really viable with so many things flying everywhere on normal.. feel like I need to look ahead, but my timing gets way off because I don't know these songs.

Also.. the touch screen DJ stuff on vita is throwing me off too for some reason.

you can set the options to use the back touchpad for the star notes, too. People generally find that to be easier. it is, it is much smoother, but, I'm struggling with that method cause im so used to using the touch screen.

you can set the options to use the back touchpad for the star notes, too. People generally find that to be easier. it is, it is much smoother, but, I'm struggling with that method cause im so used to using the touch screen.
I personally have no issue with using the front screen; of all control methods it's my favorite. Trying to use back touch for this strikes me as an ergonomic nightmare.

upandaway

I personally have no issue with using the front screen; of all control methods it's my favorite. Trying to use back touch for this strikes me as an ergonomic nightmare.
In the beginning when I used the front screen, I dreaded star sections because I had to focus so hard, after I switched to back touch the star sections are basically my relaxation time even on Extreme. And it's also easier for me in sections that combine buttons and stars.

ShadiWulf

Thats my issue using the back pad, my fingers aren't long enough to get a good input and i have to take my thumb away from the face buttons to even use the back touchpad.

In the beginning when I used the front screen, I dreaded star sections because I had to focus so hard, after I switched to back touch the star sections are basically my relaxation time even on Extreme. And it's also easier for me in sections that combine buttons and stars.

See. I agree with the back touch pad feeling more relaxing to use in that regard. Plus, i don't have to worry about getting the screen dirty. Recently I've been switching back and forth between the two. Got the game to accept input from both methods and I just use whatever I feel is best at the time.

I'm getting used to the DJ parts. Man, this game is addicting.

Another Miku fan in the making!

Thats my issue using the back pad, my fingers aren't long enough to get a good input and i have to take my thumb away from the face buttons to even use the back touchpad.
That isn't going to work out for a few songs in F 2nd; there are charts that need you to be able to do both in rapid succession.

Nyoro SF

Hm... maybe I'm alone in this opinion, but I find the song and rhythm placements in Diva F 1 to be far better than 2. 1 has more diversity in song styles which is a big plus with so many songs available.

mstevens

Another Miku fan in the making!

I'm hooked! Just finished getting Excellent on all the easy songs and I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of it for sure. On to normal!

edit: Also I'm not usually a fun of this type of music, but Weekender Girl is very catchy.

ShadiWulf

That isn't going to work out for a few songs in F 2nd; there are charts that need you to be able to do both in rapid succession.

oh no! Well i mean its not impossible i can reach the back and use the face buttons at the same time. it just feel so weird and like im struggling to do it. I'm sure if I continue to practice holding in such a way I'd get better at it. Guess i better practice then if Diva F 2nd makes you hold it that way a lot.

I'm hooked! Just finished getting Excellent on all the easy songs and I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of it for sure. On to normal!

heh =) yeah. fun times. I never thought i'd be able to play hard mode and now I'm doing pretty good on it. Just keep practicing.

OMG Aero

I use the front touch screen for star notes since that's what I used for the first game and the only song I've really had trouble with is the intro to Heat Haze Daze on hard (specifically when you have to alternate between star notes and double notes).

upandaway

6juAJ3s.jpg

Welp. Still missing two songs (Odds & Ends and another one), will get them eventually... might as well.

I also finally passed the Wheel of Death in World's End Dance Hall Extreme! Nevermind that I dropped out near the end of the song anyway :lol but at least I know how to get through chains now.

Bought the PDP fat Vita grip, now that it's down to $6 on Amazon. It feels like it's made a big difference for this game in particular - just enough added grip to hit the notes more consistently.

Still working on normal, but this has gotten me several new perfects tonight.

pariah164

Bought the PDP fat Vita grip, now that it's down to $6 on Amazon. It feels like it's made a big difference for this game in particular - just enough added grip to hit the notes more consistently.

Keep at it! Yeah, the PDP is soooo good. Can't imagine playing without it anymore.

deadfolk

Damn you all.

I had no idea this game had a demo. I just spent the last hour trying to press Vita buttons in time to an animated character performing songs with no human voice, in a language I have little understanding of and being told I suck.

I loved every minute of it and now have to buy the full game.

In time for the sequel.

Did I mention 'damn you all'?

Thanks guys! Miku rocks!

Wonko_C

Damn you all.

I had no idea this game had a demo. I just spent the last hour trying to press Vita buttons in time to an animated character performing songs with no human voice, in a language I have little understanding of and being told I suck.

I loved every minute of it and now have to buy the full game.

In time for the sequel.

Did I mention 'damn you all'?

Thanks guys! Miku rocks!
tumblr_mjxp19cTqH1qgh0b7o2_500.gif

Arthos

Don't know whether to buy the first one digitally (I owned the physical JP at one point) or just import the second. November is so far off...

._.

antibolo

Banned

I bought the PDP grip and I hate it. The grip surface is too smooth, slips away from my hands.

upandaway

That's the reward for beating every song on extreme right? If so congratulations :) Pretty sure I have that too. I've got about 30 extreme perfects but still can only get a bare minimum pass on sad sad sad so sad music factory
Yeah it's crazy. I can get E on a bunch of Extreme songs but just can't pass Negaposi or Music Factory without an item (and dangit did I try).

I may look at the title list to see what titles I can reasonably get, and I still need to get the DLC songs sometime, but I think I'm mostly done playing every day. This game was so fun.

Does anyone know of a good way to look into the user content stuff? I really wouldn't mind playing some of the higher quality ones.

Does anyone know of a good way to look into the user content stuff? I really wouldn't mind playing some of the higher quality ones.

This is the only list I know of that's specific to the non-Japan servers: http://www.projectdiva.net/viewforum.php?f=36

Alternately, just search YouTube for 'Project Diva F edit English'. Anything worthwhile will probably show up in your recommendations list once you open a few of those videos.

Something else I've been working on is unlocking everything in the credits shooting game, which requires you to play through it at least 39 times. If you ignore the fact that you get absolutely nothing else for doing this (except beating your own high score)... there's a surprising amount of depth by the time you've played it 15 times or so.

This is my first rhythm game after Rock Band, but I'm suprisingly good at it. Got excellent on every song (on hard, and most of extreme) and decided I'm going to platinum the game/perfect every song, starting with the songs on Easy (which I skipped on my first pass). I can get perfect on some songs on my first try, but others always throw in a note that trips me up enough to land the classic single damned SAFE near the end. Sigh. Easy is actually harder than normal for me, because there's so few notes I sometimes lose the rhythm.

One of the things I really liked about the Guitar Hero games is that they let you practice individual parts of a song. It's one of those things that would be nice to have in all rhythm games. It does kind of suck when there's only one part of the song towards the end that causes problems. (...)

Yeah, I feel the same way. My workaround is to hold my Vita in my hands while it's off, and loop a YouTube video of the song around the hard part until I understand the rhythm.

Don't know if this is considered heresy or not, but has anyone tried the Miku Flick games on iOS?

Another birthday sale for Miku Flick 02?

Well, 02 is still the only way to play a bunch of the Project Diva Arcade songs without access to an actual arcade machine (as well as some old songs without importing). Just keep in mind that most of the songs available are IAP.

You do get slightly handicapped when you can't use the lyrics as a guide for what inputs to make, but so far I feel like sight-reading works, except maybe on extreme difficulty.

Jawmuncher

SHIET I didn't know the second game comes out on tuesday.
I gotta preorder that tomorrow.

Freaking GAF and there no threads until release day rule.

daydream

Banned
Just had the weirdest bug occur during a song. The music cut out but the rest of the sound effects were still playing, lol. Made for a weird zen-like experience.

Top Bottom