• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | September 2013 | Token Indie Thread

$h@d0w

Yeah, some account management section - you may have to deactivate all your devices and reactivate the ones you want associated (works like iTunes).

cafemomo

I wouldn't buy it yearly b

now who would do such a thinggggg~

ACr437I.png

Moobabe

Yeah, some account management section - you may have to deactivate all your devices and reactivate the ones you want associated (works like iTunes).

Do I need to deactivate my ps3 as well?

Edit

It's telling me I can only deactivate a Vita on the machine itself - that can't be the only way.

Edit 2

You were right in the first place. The problem is I have a few PS3s registered to my account (back in the game sharing days) so I'll need to work out which one is actually mine.

Do I need to deactivate my ps3 as well?

Edit

It's telling me I can only deactivate a Vita on the machine itself - that can't be the only way.

Edit 2

You were right in the first place. The problem is I have a few PS3s registered to my account (back in the game sharing days) so I'll need to work out which one is actually mine.

Can't you deactivate them all, and then just manually reactivate your own PS3? (I might be wrong about this).

cafemomo

Now that's a dedicated fan, heh.

Did you notice any bug fixes since 13? I'm curious about the free kick barriers.

Everything seems ok. No bugs yet of any kind (that I haven't encountered that is)

ince is the only Football game on the Vita can you please post some impressions ? and some images of the ui? Thanks

If you played FIFA 12 or FIFA 13.....then that should give you an idea.

Honestly, this all wouldn't be happening if KONAMI RELEASED PES ON THE VITA.

I need my soccer fix, and for the time being it's FIFA or bust on the Vita.

A new spend $50, get $10?
Seems like I should have waited on Dragon's Crown... oh well.
Now I have nothing to buy to get to $50, except maybe Rayman if the patch goes live during the promo... maybe KZ:M digital, I guess? Lone Survivor.

Kagami

Congrats! :) It looks like you have both Sofmap's and Amazon Japan's drama CDs. Where did you get them from?
The Sofmap and Amazon CDs, the Niiyan Narikiri CD, and the magazine with the Premium Stage CD were part of an order of used items from Surugaya (through a proxy remailer). (The DLC codes were already used by the previous owners; I was just getting the CDs.)
The PSP accessory set in the back (which also has a CD) was in the order with the game itself from Neowing/CDJapan.

It's kind of a long story as to why I got these particular CDs in advance for a game I hadn't even played yet, but basically it saved me hypothetical future money by consolidating orders...assuming I end up liking the game enough to be glad I got them.

Tizoc

Just compiled a list of Compatible Vita games one could buy during this October Promo:
Killzone Mercenary
Dragon Fantasy Books I and II ($9.99 & $14.99 respectively)
Atelier Meruru Plus
KickBeat
Rayman Legends
Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims in HD! PSNStores review
Spelunky Game is Crossbuy
Sweet Fuse: At your side A $25 text story with art by Kumiko Suekane, main artist of Phoenix Wright series.
DiveKick- Don't let the graphics fool you this is one of the deepest fighting games you could play on the Vita, be forwarned that its latest update adds a bunch of

extra MBs...
Walking Dead VitaFruit Ninja- In case you need an extra $5 to spend to get towards a $50
Dragon's Crown
Puzzle by Nikoli V Slitherlink ($4.99)
PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD ($14.99)
Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark ($9.99) Vita+PS3 Crossbuy
Kung Fu Rabbit ($4.99) A simple platformer game
Mystic Chronicles ($14.99) Traditional Turn based jRPG game
Coconut Dodge Revitalised ($2.99) PSNStores review
Aabs Animals ($4.99) Has really really easy trophies...and cute animals
Velocity Ultra ($7.49)
Hotline Miami ($9.99) PS3+Vita Crossbuy
Muramasa Rebirth ($34.99)
Flying Hamster HD ($3.99) PSNStores review
Class of Heroes 2 ($24.99)
LIMBO ($14.99) PS3+Vita crossbuy
Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery Ep. 1 ($2.99)
Black Rock Shooter The Game ($19.99)
Soul Sacrifice ($35.99)
Thomas Was Alone ($9.99) Game is Crossbuy, DLC is $3.49
Guacamelee! ($14.99) Crossbuy
Machinarium Vita ($6.99)
Nun Attack ($2.99)
Puzzle by Nikoli V Sudoku ($4.99)
When Vikings Attack! ($9.99, Complete edition is $12.99) Cross-buy
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken Vita ($9.99)
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Vita ($26.99) Only PS3 ver. is crossbuy; Vita ver. doesn't offer PS3 ver.
Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable ($39.99)
Corpse Party: Book of Shadows ($19.99)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath Vita ($14.99) One of the best ports on Vita, steady frame rate and with additional control settings
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Vita ($29.99)
DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE ($44.99) Take note that the game is more than 2 GB in size
Elminage Original ($14.99)
UNCHARTED: Fight for Fortune ($4.99) AKA Uncarded, DLC packs are $2.99 each
Jet Set Radio Vita ($9.99)
Persona 4 Golden Game is 3 GB
Sine Mora Vita
Assassin's Creed III Liberation
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Orgarhythm PSNStores review
STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN PS Vita
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Dokuro
Retro City Rampage Cross-buy
SunFlowers
FINAL FANTASY III
LittleBigPlanet Vita
New Little King's Story
Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 Vita Collection (Each game is sold seperatly as well)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Hustle Kings
Shinobido
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Touch My Katamari
Escape Plan
Super Stardust Delta
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Vita
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (There is also a Season pass)
Corpse Party
Fate/EXTRA
Persona 2: Innocent Sin
Persona 2: EP
FF Tactics: War of the Lions (Has some slight slowdown, but it can be patched if you own a PSP)
NEW ADVENTURE ISLAND
SUPER STAR SOLDIER
FINAL FANTASY IV: The Complete Collection
BOMBERMAN '94
The Legend of Heroes: TitS First Chapter
DISSIDIA 012: Final Fantasy
Gods Eater Burst
Prinny 1 and/or 2
Knights in the Nightmare
Ys Oath in Feghana, Ys 1 & 2, Ys Seven
Z.H.P. Zettai Hero Project
Persona 3 Portable
The Red Star PSP
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Kenka Banchou
Megaman X: Maverick Hunter X
Half-minute hero
Riviera
The Warriors PSP
Yddra Union
Street Fighter Alpha 3 PSP
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Secret Agent Clank+Daxter bundle
Justice League: Heroes
Metal Slug Anthology
Patapon 1, 2 and/or 3
Ultimate Ghosts n' Goblins
This excludes PSX games, and a bunch of other PSP games, gonna make a list of them soon.

Now I have nothing to buy to get to $50, except maybe Rayman if the patch goes live during the promo... maybe KZ:M digital, I guess? Lone Survivor.

Either get it while the promo is up or you can wait for a sale, the Invasion sTAGEs update is free.

Lone Survivor and reupping Plus will net me 10 at least, might have to "legitimize" a reason to spend another 37 or so...

nampad

Everything seems ok. No bugs yet of any kind (that I haven't encountered that is)

If you played FIFA 12 or FIFA 13.....then that should give you an idea.

Honestly, this all wouldn't be happening if KONAMI RELEASED PES ON THE VITA.

I need my soccer fix, and for the time being it's FIFA or bust on the Vita.

A good portable Fifa (or even PES) was one of the main reasons for my Vita purchase.
In the end EA didn't really deliver. Game may be the best portable football game but missing out on Tactical Defending already hurted the first game.

So I only bought Fifa 13 at a discounted price in the end. They should at least release the updated rosters as DLC instead of only as a new game release. This would appease me to a certain degree and I would even buy it.

Well, Germany has a better promotion. We just need to add €50 to our wallet through Paypal to get €10, not even need to buy stuff.

Once again, EU>NA
;)

Seriously, buy Rayman: Legends. Batman will be available before the end of the promotion. Some indies should also come out soon. Curve said Proteus is coming out next month and other games like Luftrausers were teased a long time ago.

Just compiled a list of Compatible Vita games one could buy during this October Promo:

This excludes PSX games, and a bunch of other PSP games, gonna make a list of them soon.

Either get it while the promo is up or you can wait for a sale, the Invasion sTAGEs update is free.

(1) Calling Divekick deep has me laughing.
(2) I refuse to buy Rayman until it's patched, period. The game is not complete without the patch and I will not support them by buying an incomplete game.

Lone Survivor and reupping Plus will net me 10 at least, might have to "legitimize" a reason to spend another 37 or so...

It's a shame that I don't need more PS+. I'm good to 12/2015... so no hurry to extend it.

mao2

The Sofmap and Amazon CDs, the Niiyan Narikiri CD, and the magazine with the Premium Stage CD were part of an order of used items from Surugaya (through a proxy remailer). (The DLC codes were already used by the previous owners; I was just getting the CDs.)
The PSP accessory set in the back (which also has a CD) was in the order with the game itself from Neowing/CDJapan.

It's kind of a long story as to why I got these particular CDs in advance for a game I hadn't even played yet, but basically it saved me hypothetical future money by consolidating orders...assuming I end up liking the game enough to be glad I got them.
Wow that's pretty hardcore LOL. Thanks for the info. I hope you'll enjoy the game!

Tizoc

how can dive kick be any more shallow compared to EVERY other fighting game on the vita?

Marvel?

SFxT?

you have to be joking, right?

(1) Calling Divekick deep has me laughing.
(2) I refuse to buy Rayman until it's patched, period. The game is not complete without the patch and I will not support them by buying an incomplete game.

It's a shame that I don't need more PS+. I'm good to 12/2015... so no hurry to extend it.

It is its own kind of deep!
...but I'll edit that text out, the game is fun to mess around with though.

Check my post above yours~
Oh yes, quite the amazing list too! Nice work! And what, ya too lazy to make each game an indiviudal link to the respective PSN store!?
:D
As it stands now, I have too much in my backlog...but it couldn't hurt to add more, right? And really, GTA is stealing all of my gaming attention these days.
I feel that soon enough I will be in the same boat as you...but I don't really see any of my PS stuff going away...but still...I guess I don't need to set my subs up 2+ years in advance..

i wouldn't fault you (much) for playing it

if smash and playstation all-stars are considered fighting games, I most certainly wouldn't consider dive kick a fighting game

sajj316

NY vitagaffers, is everything set for our meetup?

Today 6PM at Stout NYC bar near Madison Square Garden/34th Street Penn Station. West 33rd St. between 6th and 7th Ave.

It seems a good bit of VitaGAF is actually Vita-EUROPE-GAF. Don't worry fellas. I'll be in London sooner than later ;)

FDC1

I hadn't realised The Lone Survivor was already up in Europe, weird they didn't wait tomorrow's weekly update. I will try it.

Tizoc

Oh yes, quite the amazing list too! Nice work! And what, ya too lazy to make each game an indiviudal link to the respective PSN store!?
:D
As it stands now, I have too much in my backlog...but it couldn't hurt to add more, right? And really, GTA is stealing all of my gaming attention these days.

I feel that soon enough I will be in the same boat as you...but I don't really see any of my PS stuff going away...but still...I guess I don't need to set my subs up 2+ years in advance..

Heh yeah it would've also exceed the allowed character limit for a post as well XP.
cHECK out this CAG thread for some compatible PSP games on Vita:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/281768-complete-list-of-pspminispsone-games-playable-on-vita/

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I'm a terrible person

well I can't blame anyone who bought it as it's the only option for football on Vita.

Also PES 14 do not seems hot, impressions from many neutral guys in the OT tells it have tons of issues and not an improvement over the old games (A.I. issues, PSone era AI for goal keeper, CPU cheat, slowdown, shitty online, bad UI, funky ball mechanic) so sadly FIFA even if a re skin still a better option.

Football Manager is all we need.

it's not for everyone.

Massa

double dragon, streets of rage, castle crashers

GTA V

yea, pretty much everything.

i guess COD even if you're doing a knife fight.

sounds right, right?

These games have a fighting element to them, sure, but to call them 'a fighting game' it'd have to be the main element. Just like GTA V isn't called 'a shooter' despite having a lot of shooting involved.

These games have a fighting element to them, sure, but to call them 'a fighting game' it'd have to be the main element. Just like GTA V isn't called 'a shooter' despite having a lot of shooting involved.

alright, but then we back-track to my previous post saying what definition of a fighting game you use

LuchaShaq said:
Can't help but laugh at people who havent given divekick a chance comparing it to trashy smash bros clones.

i've played it, and while I don't particularly care for smash or PSABR (which I own) i can't imagine anyone thinks divekick is a better game

having played dive kick, i'd recommend a real fighting game to people and would let them take their pick

alright, but then we back-track to my previous post saying what definition of a fighting game you use

i've played it, and while I don't particularly care for smash or PSABR (which I own) i can't imagine anyone thinks divekick is a better game

having played dive kick, i'd recommend a real fighting game to people and would let them take their pick
Here's my stance on this whole thing:

I feel like if I want to talk about a game such as Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, or Tekken I would refer to the game as an "Arcade Fighter" or maybe simply a "Fighter", I wouldn't call it a 'fighting game' even though that is what it is.

DiveKick is a thing of its own, and really started out with the intention of being a parody of the "Arcade Fighter" so I wouldn't recommend that either if someone asked.

PSASBR I think of as being in its own genre, also. I would maybe call this a "brawler" but If I were to describe the game to some I don't know I would just simply say that it was like Smash Bros.

If someone asked me which fighters were good on the Vita, I would think SFxT, MK, DOA but DiveKick and PSASBR would probably not cross my mind.

Just my 2 cents.

Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, etc is a Beat 'em Up. No one should call that a fighting game. You aren't fighting, you're beating the shit out of anyone you see.

Personally, I agree with you.
I don't consider Smash Bros. a fighter.
I don't really like the idea of Sony Smash as a fighter, but it's closer to what I consider a fighter than Smash Bros. is.

Divekick? I don't even know what to say about that one...

To me a fighting game needs to have a bunch of things, such as a combo system, cancellable moves, special moves, and in most cases, metered specials.
But that's me. It all depends on your definition of what you consider a fighter.

i agree with both Corrosivefrost and Dorimukyasuto, but again, that's why I mentioned differing definitions of the term "fighting game" and why I thought that one response was a troll post.

Growing up on FG's, this is how I see it -

1 v 1 = Fighting game, no ifs ands or buts.

2+ players at a time = a brawler. Smash Bros, PSABR, Power Stone, last gen Naruto.

Now, this gen Naruto games, and DBZ also fall into the brawler category I feel. Though, I have seen some amazing(ly boring juggling) DBZ combo videos.

Fighting games being 1v1, where it takes more than just knowing the right moves to win. Frame data, linkers, etc.

nampad

Personally, I agree with you.
I don't consider Smash Bros. a fighter.
I don't really like the idea of Sony Smash as a fighter, but it's closer to what I consider a fighter than Smash Bros. is.

Divekick? I don't even know what to say about that one...

To me a fighting game needs to have a bunch of things, such as a combo system, cancellable moves, special moves, and in most cases, metered specials.
But that's me. It all depends on your definition of what you consider a fighter.

Well, one could argue that Divekick has at least these two.
Could have played more of Divekick for sure but because of the overall games onslaught, I haven't. I still like it and can recommend it.

let us all agree that everyone has a slightly different definition of what a fighting game is, and isn't

and that dive kick, while having similar mechanics to some fighting games, is not a fighting game

:)

Well, one could argue that Divekick has at least these two.
Could have played more of Divekick for sure but because of the overall games onslaught, I haven't. I still like it and can recommend it.

You could try. But I mostly likely wouldn't accept that argument. :p

Divekick is played with 2 buttons, that's it, right. No movement, no anything, just jump with button 1 and kick at the right height, correct?

Massa

i agree with both Corrosivefrost and Dorimukyasuto, but again, that's why I mentioned differing definitions of the term "fighting game" and why I thought that one response was a troll post.

Divekick looks like a fighting game, plays like one and is defined by its developers as a fighting game, so I can assure you there was no troll post on my part. You do seem to not have the slightest bit of respect for that game though for some reason, but whatever.

You could try. But I mostly likely wouldn't accept that argument. :p

Divekick is played with 2 buttons, that's it, right. No movement, no anything, just jump with button 1 and kick at the right height, correct?

That's not correct. You can use those two buttons to move and other things.

Yopis

So guys is Lone survivor worth grabbing? Listened to people in this thread about Hotline Miami and came out having a great time. Not big on many indie games so looking for a few opinions, if anyone here has tried the game.

Top Bottom