• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ass Class 60

Why don't they just send him to the bottom of the ocean or something? After 24 hours, he'd be totally vulnerable. They could just torpedo him or something.

How would they do that?, wouldnt you run into the same situation he was describing about if they sent him to space in a rocket at high speed and then etc. I also dont think there is any high powered weapon of mass destruction they could reach that far in the ocean assuming they were trying to go for some great oceanic depth (high pressure environment, etc).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maybe not for you, but it is possible with the power of Black Muscles™.

Conan-san

I think you may have the tight idea. My increasing One Piece collection isn't getting any easier to store and buying Magi, Fullmetal Alchemist, Yotsuba and Ultimate Spider-Man only accelerates the problem. I've kind of compromised to only buy digital versions of western comics, but I can't find a suitable solution for manga. And I'd have to get a tablet to make it all readable. An S4 mini simply isn't practical for reading in the long term.
I have a N4/7 combo and between the two I'm pretty set up. I might be a wierdo but reading comics/books on my N4 hasn't been too bad.

The ironic exception is Comixology in that it insists on using guided mode on phones which slows down reading the thing to a crawl.

Reading comics is as basic a task for tablets so as long as you don't buy a complete plonker, you can get away with buying a cheap one.

Wiseblade

Grab one of the now super cheap Kindle Fire HDs. They are now under 140 for the 7inch version.

Also, Manga really needs something like Comixology, which collects every single publisher (save Dark Horse cause they want to be different) in the same app, with everything for sale day and date with print, and price reductions in a reliable pattern (items drop 50% after 6 months).
Yeah, it's either that or a Galaxy tab. I think I might just buy into the ecosystem, since Samsung smart TVs seem to be the only ones with a crunchyroll app.

Radical Blood Monster 01-02

o3WpbRAl.png

Writer gets stabbed for staying at a robbery and gets saved by a vampire.

Well, vampires are all the rage these days. Nothing too special from your normal romance story of putting two people together and having them learning about each other.

It's pretty amusing so at least it has that.

How would they do that?, wouldnt you run into the same situation he was describing about if they sent him to space in a rocket at high speed and then etc. I also dont think there is any high powered weapon of mass destruction they could reach that far in the ocean assuming they were trying to go for some great oceanic depth (high pressure environment, etc).

Or they could just put him in a really heavy container of some sort and just drop him into the middle of the ocean. Even if there's no one else around and he actually could survive, it's not like he could get back to the surface.

Big One

Banned
Random One Piece arc rankings.

High Tier:
Water 7/Enies Lobby
Marineford

Great Tier:
Drum Island
Alabasta
Arlong
Might be once finished: Dressrosa (really solid arc so far imo)

Good Tier:
Impel Down
Punk Hazard
East Blue
Skypeia

Decent Tier:
Jaya
Thriller Bark
Fishman Island
Grand Line (Loguetown through the time they step on Drum Island)

Shit Tier:
Davy Back Fight

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Jaco

uRk8B1O.png

BAHAHAHAHAHA. Gotta hand it to Toriyama and his insistence to retcon everything he makes into Dragonball. So now both Vegeta and Bulma have long lost siblings that they've never mentioned before?

Cute series. But that ending....

High Tier:
Water 7/Enies Lobby
Marineford

Great Tier:
Drum Island
Alabasta
Arlong
Might be once finished: Dressrosa (really solid arc so far imo)

Good Tier:
Impel Down
Punk Hazard
East Blue
Skypeia

Decent Tier:
Jaya
Thriller Bark
Fishman Island

Shit Tier:
Davy Back Fight

Here are my rankings for Oda's arcs in OP.

Goda Tier
Water 7/Enis Lobby
Arlong Arc

Good Tier
Alabasta Arc
Thiller Bark Arc
Beginning Arc aka Zoro recruitment and Alvida
Don Krieg Arc aka Sanji
Lougetown Arc
Buggy the Clown Arc

Meh Tier
Drum Island Arc
Captain Kuro Arc
Punk Hazard Arc
Impel Down Arc

Bad tier
Jaya
Davy Back Fight
Fisherman Arc
Marineford Arc

Shit tier
Skypia
Reunion after 3 years Arc

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car

High Tier:
Water 7/Enies Lobby
Marineford

Fine Tier:
Impel Down
Drum Island
Alabasta
Arlong

Shit Tier:
Punk Hazard
East Blue
Skypeia
Dressrosa
Jaya
Thriller Bark
Fishman Island
Davy Back Fight

FTFY BRUH

Radical Blood Monster 01-02

http://i.imgur.com/o3WpbRAl.png[/IG]

Writer gets stabbed for staying at a robbery and gets saved by a vampire.

Well, vampires are all the rage these days. Nothing too special from your normal romance story of putting two people together and having them learning about each other.

It's pretty amusing so at least it has that.[/QUOTE]

Nearly half a year without the next chapter :(

Qurupeke

HOLY SHIT, those One Piece spoilers man... Hyped.

Also, this Hachi manga seems good. Not something great, but certainly not bad. I like the setting, totally unexpected.

Haikyuu!! 79
tumblr_mtzoofZj761qbxqfpo1_500.png

Oh I guess we're finally actually caught up (and that super important announcement, please have casting...). Hilarious Hinata face for an otherwise good chapter. Lev is rlgith though too tall for me, but I guess hes a good guy to have there, interesting for Kenma to deal with. Hinata Kenma moments are always enjoyable especially the comparisons.

Hachi 3
tumblr_mtzprfeyfo1qbxqfpo1_500.png

People eating people in Jump...Isnt this on the kind of too brutal side, especially with the female childhood friend captured and total destruction of Tokyo...Seems a bit too dark I think...

I just had the craziest dream

I dreamed I missed today's Nintendo direct. And when I jumped on gaming side to see what I had missed I saw "Mario x Ichigo announced" and was like "da fuck". The thread revealed a 4 player side scrolling action platformer where you could play as characters from the Mario franchise or Bleach franchise. First post response was Aizensmirk.jpg "when did you think, these franchises didn't always take place in the same universe"

So if they really do announce a Nintendo and bleach cross over game today or ever you heard it here first.

Aizo

Banned
I just had the craziest dream

I dreamed I missed today's Nintendo direct. And when I jumped on gaming side to see what I had missed I saw "Mario x Ichigo announced" and was like "da fuck". The thread revealed a 4 player side scrolling action platformer where you could play as characters from the Mario franchise or Bleach franchise. First post response was Aizensmirk.jpg "when did you think, these franchises didn't always take place in the same universe"

So if they really do announce a Nintendo and bleach cross over game today or ever you heard it here first.

Your dreams are full of GAF?
I think I had a dream a few months ago that I met some of you.
You all looked weird.

DarkMehm

I am a Hero 1-79

Wow, what a good manga. The first eight chapters were somewhat boring and I thought "will this be a manga about a mangaka or what?". The end of Volume 1 was a real shocker though and since then it is a blast.

The characters often have an oblivious reaction to their surroundings though, as if it's the most normal thing that a zombie is attacking them. No terror in their faces etc. Is it because they can't see the zombies like us readers? Because the zombies really stand out.

Here are my rankings for Oda's arcs in OP.

Goda Tier
Water 7/Enis Lobby
Arlong Arc

Good Tier
Alabasta Arc
Thiller Bark Arc
Beginning Arc aka Zoro recruitment and Alvida
Don Krieg Arc aka Sanji
Lougetown Arc
Buggy the Clown Arc

Meh Tier
Drum Island Arc
Captain Kuro Arc
Punk Hazard Arc
Impel Down Arc

Bad tier
Jaya
Davy Back Fight
Fisherman Arc
Marineford Arc

Shit tier
Skypia
Reunion after 3 years Arc

I agree with your list. Personally I would put Thriller Bark and Marineford in god tier since I enjoyed it so much. Thriller Bark was just a whole lot of fun to read, and included that epic Zoro moment with Kuma which I still remember. Marineford made my jaw drop on several occasions since so much was happening, and many unanswered questions were being answered. Also... I think it was the first arc to almost make a tear go down my face.

Kurita

I am a Hero 1-79

Wow, what a good manga. The first eight chapters were somewhat boring and I thought "will this be a manga about a mangaka or what?". The end of Volume 1 was a real shocker though and since then it is a blast.

The characters often have an oblivious reaction to their surroundings though, as if it's the most normal thing that a zombie is attacking them. No terror in their faces etc. Is it because they can't see the zombies like us readers? Because the zombies really stand out.
It's because they just think the zombies are sick people, not monsters. (Well, I think)

Aizo

Banned
It's because they just think the zombies are sick people, not monsters. (Well, I think)

I would assume the same thing... at least at the beginning.
Later, I suppose people are just in denial when loved ones become zombies, so most don't react very quickly.

Azure J

Skypiea in shit tier... SMFH, where's God's Beard and (not crazy) Himuro when you need them...

Akame Ga Kill 40

The entire chapter was essentially the equivalent of someone erecting a giant neon sign in the middle of Times Square saying "RIP in Peace, Mein".

Also:

g11982029.gif

Dynedom

Claymore - 143

That's actually a nice little revelation. That aside, same ol' Claymore.

Looks like Raki will possibly confront Pris first. Should be interesting.

one piece spoilers

- Sanji decides to go on his own to rescue Nami and others aboard the Sunny Go. Zoro and Kin'emon try to get in touch with Luffy and the toys in the factory in order to rescue Kanjuro.
- Zoro and Kin'emon try to find ways to get into the Colosseum to meet up with Luffy, they come across Bartolomeo, Bartolomeo recalls the great deeds Zoro has done in the past and bursts into tears.
- Pica's subordinates and Baby 5 have a conversation where they mention Violet's betrayal, they are angry about it.
- Doflamingo mentions he was "once" a Celestial Dragon, but isn't one anymore.
- Law uses his Room ability and manages to escape Fujitora's "gravity" and manages to steal Caesar again.
- Law intends to throw Caesar onto the Sunny and hold Doflamingo back.
- Doflamingo see's the Sunny Go, he decides to attack and sink the ship.
- Sanji arrives at the right time and attacks Doflamingo before Doflamingo can attack the Sunny Go, Sanji tells Doflamingo "to stay away from his nakama".
-End Of Chapter-

More
- The "heart" Doflamingo had was the heart of one of the random marine soldiers there, wasn't Caesars heart.
- Violet uses her ability to try and find out if the Sunny is safe and she see's its recovered.

Skypiea in shit tier... SMFH, where's God's Beard and (not crazy) Himuro when you need them...

Akame Ga Kill 40

The entire chapter was essentially the equivalent of someone erecting a giant neon sign in the middle of Times Square saying "RIP in Peace, Mein".

Also:

[.IMG]http://img2u.info/ckgni/i/g11982029.gif[/IMG]

I suddenly have some interest in reading this series.

Dynedom

Akame Ga Kill - 40

Mein or Nadeja biting it next issue (possibly both).

Actually, if they're going to do a 4 v 4 scenario, I could see Tatsumi, Akame, Mein (to possibly avenge Leone given the "triangle" set up via Tatsumi) and possibly Rabac surviving (to avenge Nadeja and possibly die trying). Let's see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom