• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Gawge

Made my (awful) character.

Tried to join 5 times - but it kept kicking me back to single player. Think I might just wait a few hours now (even though it will probably just get busier).

duckroll

Thought I would just log into the social club to change the BritGAF crew logo... Social Club be down bitches.

Selecting your crew emblem in character customisation just hung my game up. Anyone else with the same problem?

I managed to create a character and all I'm getting now is 'Failed to host a Grand Theft Auto Online session'.

First achievement popped then my Xbox crashed D:

Anyone else getting the Message that you can't host a GTA Online session when trying to enter the game?

Ok, now i'm getting The Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable right now.

"Failed to host GTA Online sessions" this is going to be a fun day.

IT BEGINS! :D

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
for those that have it working, how is the online? I'm completely unable to imagine how they set it up. Disregarding character creation, do you see/start with other players in the vicinity? Are there teams for anything or is it all on all type situation?

Still no update US PSN. Still curious if I'll get signed out of PSN as soon as it hits? Playing single player still in the meantime, but it'd be nice to quickly know when it goes live.

gossi

I've been in GTA Online for about 2 hours. Impressions:

- Being forced to do a tutorial with real people... For me, it went fine as all the players understood what to do and nobody trolled. You experience may vary.

- There's lots of tutorials to get through.

- It's a lot of fun once you're free roaming, though.

Generally it seems to work okay and I had fun. I'd give it 8/10 so far. It's not a game changer, it's just a nice experimental update.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Free aim bros always get left out in the rain. Max Payne 3 free aim lobbies died much faster than the aim assist ones, the RDR free aim lobbies paled in comparison number wise to the aim assist ones. Using free aim in GTA IV was a deathwish, since the majority of people like taking the instant kill option.

Free aim only users have always been a dying breed, I loathe and detest playing with aim assist or lock on.

I whole heartedly agree. Half the skill of shooting is in the aiming

Simo

for those that have it working, how is the online? I'm completely unable to imagine how they set it up. Disregarding character creation, do you see/start with other players in the vicinity? Are there teams for anything or is it all on all type situation?

You have to do a street race first after Lemar picks you up from the airport. Once thats done he has you do a mission and then you're free to do what you want but Lemar calls and points out stuff you should do like rob a store, change your clothes etc.

Around that time you'll see other players who represented as a white dot on the map and friends or crew members are represented as blue dots.

Yup, same here. R* did warn us though, so we can't really complain.

Never understood this kind of thing. So a company says "hey our product probably won't work when we release it" means the consumer has to go "oh OK then, no problem we have only paid for this, but thanks for the heads up".

xJavonta

Banned
Never understood this kind of thing. So a company says "hey our product probably won't work when we release it" means the consumer has to go "oh OK then, no problem we have only paid for this, but thanks for the heads up".
Uhh yes? If they tell you prior to you buying it, it's your fault for buying unfinished software

I just drove upto another player.....

I shot at his vehicle from inside my car.

He got out of his car, super calm.

And pointed a shotgun at my face. I drove away.

Then before he could get back to his car I backed up into him and tried to steal his car but tripped as I tried to jump over a wall and he but many slugs in my face.

That was pecking awesome.

Why the hell am I pre-ordering next gen consoles again?

Terrorblot

I'm in the middle of the road with it. It's a nice gesture and a solution to people logging in day 1 and flipping out (Diablo 3 anyone?) but yeah, a bad launch reflects poorly on the developer.

Eusis

Yeah go from like a small team of testers to a concurrent of 1 million plus players. Yes, R* can certainly account for everything before release. Idiot.
Incidentally, part of why the Battlefield beta's likely way smoother is because its backbone was used for BF3 and likely pushed more than h ard enough there, nevermind that they're limiting it at first to pre-orders/BF3 Premium players THEN opening it up for everyone.

Ataraxia

To those of you complaining that the servers are too busy, you should check out the Obamacare thread in Off-Topic. Apparantly the servers are too busy there as well with people trying to figure out how their insurance is going to work. Considering one is healthcare and the other is just a freaking videogame when you put it into perspective having to wait a little bit for GTA Online isn't so bad.

NeoGiff

What I mean is that we should have expected it, since R* said it would happen, yet many people are still acting surprised.

I'm thinking I should watch some Korean Dota 2 instead of trying to get this to work.

I'm going on a trip until Saturday so who knows, it might work then.

U2NUMB

Incidentally, part of why the Battlefield beta's likely way smoother is because its backbone was used for BF3 and likely pushed more than h ard enough there, nevermind that they're limiting it at first to pre-orders/BF3 Premium players THEN opening it up for everyone.

Well they also ya know.. had a beta. Maybe Rockstar should have called this a beta period for GTO.

Hope its not 100% busted in 10 hours when I get home from work.

Top Bottom