• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece 723

Wow oda is taking things to the next level. The colliseum has been the worst part of the arc but this chapter especially when traffy gets fired up and Room was amazing. Im liking this greatly and that Sanji kick. Finally a worthy fight for this new world.

Akainu

Bleach

Bleh I wish Mayuri could just end this and poison everyone.

Has there actually been a decent fight or are people just going to keep blasting powers at each other? Cut off that dude's fingers you don't need a bankai for that.

Naruto
Okay, this definitely seems like the final reminiscent, inspirational, friends forever speech for sure. Now we can finally get to the fight.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I really had myself going there for a second looooooool

Naruto: The characters mind as well be singing to Naruto "I love you. You love me. We're a happy family."

Bleach:
Please let more people die.

Amikami

Banned
Naruto: The characters mind as well be singing to Naruto "I love you. You love me. We're a happy family."

Bleach:
Please let more people die.

We need a hatred speech from Sasuke. Naruto's unbelievable love, and Sasuke's dark hatred has always balanced each other out like yin and yang for sure. I didn't realize the extent of this till just recently, silly me! I can only really handle them when I'm getting steady doses of both.

Now Naruto is even more about love, and Sasuke's not quite so bitter right now, and I'm really feeling the effects. Silly Sasuke, you're giving Naruto's love too much room to grow. Bring us balance so we can get this party on the road.

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun 62

DPOWrUk.png

Touma, you're old news now.

HE JUST PUNCHED DOWN THE ELECTRICITY.

ryan13ts

One Piece:

Bart is just killing me, at first I just thought he was a Luffy fanboy, but it looks like he's got a hard-on for the entire crew. I forsee some hilarious interaction between him and the SH's later on. And holy shit @ Doflamingo vs Sanji! Oda better deliver next chapter instead of shifting scenes to something boring like the dwards. I just hope we finally get to learn the name of Doflamingo's DF soon, I'm positive I know what it is (String String Fruit), but having confirmation, along with details of the ability would make it all the better.

Crazy fact: Doflamingo first used his ability back in Ch. 234 when he first introduced. That came out in 2002, over 11 years ago! That's a hell of long time to go without knowing a DF user's fruit name and abilities, but still see him use the ability quite often.

Akainu

I screen capped some images last time I was watching original Gatchaman, a few months ago, in preparation for these topics.

When I started watching, I was like

, but when it continued, I was like

If I ever meet the writer, I'll sneak up behind him in a clever disguise, and pull it off like a second layer of skin.

Then, I'll give him one of these!

I was excited since Nakamura Kenji was on it, but he really disappointed me. He's one of my favorite anime directors. Shame on you, Nakamura.

Are you still watching it?!
Brother
I dropped it. Is it really worth continuing? Red Impulse isn't in it, though...
No, It's garbage.

Big One

Banned
Naruto F

More filler garbage about how the characters all support Naruto cause he needs it after his barely terrible life full of "despair" that doesn't actually exist. I swear there's at least 100 different chapters of material where characters are praising and loving Naruto.

Bleach F

Okay so what was even the point of the Quincies taking their bankai if they're just going to get them back from Urahara? We spent a shitload of chapters and a whole arc centered around that concept...for nothing? And please for the love of god kill Hitsugaya.

One Piece B

Oh shit! Shit's getting real but I have a feeling Sanji is going to get squashed. Dofla will probably be the first New World arc villain that actually is powerful than the last arc villain.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach F

Okay so what was even the point of the Quincies taking their bankai if they're just going to get them back from Urahara? We spent a shitload of chapters and a whole arc centered around that concept...for nothing? And please for the love of god kill Hitsugaya.
This chapter was at least more interesting than the last few. We don't know what Kisuke's mechanism will be. I think you truly want to give this a C, bruh.

Pimpwerx

Ah, Big One, never change. :D

Naruto
Hopefully this is the end of the love-in. Everyone is here, so hopefully the two-pronged attack on Obito and the tree can start. I'm glad Naruto has finally gained kage status in everyone's eyes, and has succeeded in his dream of changing the world. Now commence the ass-kicking, please.

One Piece
Barto is such a fanboy. It's hilarious. Also, we got some new Doflag family members introduced, and now Sanji is taking on the big boss. I hope he doesn't end up getting dismembered in this fight. I trust that if he does, Law will be able to reattach any lost limbs.

Bleach
Urahara with the miracle fix. Yay! I almost hope it's too late to save Hitsu and Soi Fong, but we know that's not true. They'll regain their bankai and win their fights...or not. I just want to see what Ichigo is up to. I have little interest in the other characters outside of Kyouraku.

Claymore
This series needs to end already. The only thing good that can come of this might be a glimpse of the main land. When Claire isn't around, I'm usually pretty bored of the story. PEACE.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
One Punch Man

Ah here is where I picked up from the ONE versions.

Shit is gonna get real!

edit: Mmm at long last King!

Big One

Banned
This chapter was at least more interesting than the last few. We don't know what Kisuke's mechanism will be. I think you truly want to give this a C, bruh.
I'm just so disappointed in Kubo right now. Yes, Bleach is boring when it's all fight scenes and all but making the Quincies cripple the Shinigami like that was a step in the right direction. It made them powerful and threatening cause who knows what else they might do if they can just take a bankai from you. It's like when Gohan became the most powerful character in Dragonball when Goku and Vegeta were removed out of the equation, but then Goku and Vegeta took over and became the most powerful in the form of Vegito. It's just one of those kick in the balls that you know had to be from an editor wanting things back to normal for popularity than for story reasons.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One-Punch Man

Oh hell yeah, we're on this arc now. Now we're really going to see Murata go nuts.

Viz is almost caught up too, this week's chapter was the end of the Sea King arc. Meaning they'll be caught up in two weeks.

Youkai Apato no Yuuga na Nichijou 10

I feel happy that the main character feels happy.

I rather liked the return back and there was a nice discussion about writing in there too!

Bleach - These past few chapters have been insufferable can someone please kill that Ice boy already please? and for the love of fuck can Kenpachi please come and wreck shit?

Aku no Hana chapters 1-49

ARGH. ARRRGH. I want Nakamura to return. It's driving me friggin crazy, and I know that that was the author's intention. I swear this had better go somewhere interesting. If not, I will be so angry...I can't handle it. It's too much.

wonzo

Banned
Pupipo! 1-9
Himeji Wakaba is a 5th year elementary school student, and she has the ability to see things that others can’t. They are mostly frightening evil spirits, and they tend to do bad things to people who are close to her. One day she brings home a pink monster called “Pupipo”. No one is quite sure what Pupipo is, but it protects Wakaba from the other things she sees. Pupipo also helps Wakaba make friends with an occult-obsessed transfer student and solve problems with bullying. Wakaba’s life is a much better place with her pet pink monster!
This is a pretty nice and quirky series so far even if it is just a tad bit macabre. Definitely worth checking out for the art in this which owns.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto F

More filler garbage about how the characters all support Naruto cause he needs it after his barely terrible life full of "despair" that doesn't actually exist. I swear there's at least 100 different chapters of material where characters are praising and loving Naruto.

Big One gets it right this week :lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Toriko

Toriko power levels have become so ridiuclous that there's going to be a creature that can EAT THE SUN?

Ok.

Toriko

Toriko power levels have become so ridiuclous that there's going to be a creature that can EAT THE SUN?

Ok.

Ok I think now they are reaching beyond or around DBZ Android arc power levels.

I need to catch up on Toriko.

Dropped it around the 25 chapters due to other mangas and real life.

So...wait a minute...thinking back...outside of those adults just ignoring his existence...was Naruto's childhood REALLY that bad? Gaara actually had an excuse for his angst, but Naruto? Eh? Da fuck.

Card Boy

Banned
Whats a good martial arts manga that isn't fan servicy/childish? Something in the vain of Rurouni Kenshin/Fist of the North Star/Fist of the Blue Sky.

Is Vagabond worth a read? I noticed its on the top of alot of lists.

Kusagari

Toriko

If the tale about the sun eating monster is true then the top tier Toriko characters are probably above DBZ (not counting Battle of the Gods).

Big One

Banned
So...wait a minute...thinking back...outside of those adults just ignoring his existence...was Naruto's childhood REALLY that bad? Gaara actually had an excuse for his angst, but Naruto? Eh? Da fuck.
Naruto's childhood was filled with loneliness but it shouldn't be as bad as it's hyped up to be.

Sasuke's childhood did suck, but since Kishimoto doesn't know how to write human beings it results in teenage angst...rather than insanity, suicidal tendencies, narcissism, traits associated with terrible events like what happened to the Uchiha clan. Sasuke's reaction to getting his whole clan slaughtered? Shrug it off and just keep my mouth shut and be rude to everyone cause I have better skills than everyone else, so I can align myself with the forces of evil even though I could get just as powerful training under Konoha teachers as I would under Orochimaru (and in the long run, Konoha teachers are better cause look at how fucking hax Naruto is.) Makes perfect sense.

Gaara's childhood I don't really buy too much either. But the character arc between him and Naruto was solid so I'm generally ok with it.

It wouldn't be a major issue if Naruto was a comedy series that tries to insert realism. Naruto is the inverse, it's a series where Kishimoto specifically writes everything to be as realistic as possible when it comes to how characters interact with each other and the storylines themselves with some comedy inserted there sometimes. This is why I'm so hard on series like Naruto and Bleach, yet I'm ok if One Piece fucks up. Naruto and Bleach are two series made to be taken as seriously as possible, while One Piece is mainly formatted like a gag manga like Dragonball but has serious edges that happens more rarely than they do in Naruto and Bleach. This makes a lot of the more exaggerative leaps in One Piece a lot more believable to me, cause the whole manga itself is exaggerative. In Naruto and Bleach, you have "real" moments like characters tragically dying or getting traumatized somehow, but it's so badly written and poorly developed outside of some cases that it might as well not be there in the first place.

Also the amount of filler chapters in Naruto and Bleach is insufferable. So much so you can literally read volumes worth of material of Bleach, for example, and be done with them in about 5 minutes when it should take you an hour or thirty minutes to read the average volume of manga (unless you're an ungodly fast reader like I used to be). Naruto does something even worse: It adds dialogue. So much dialogue that there's sometimes important plot progression in the midst of filler material so you pretty much HAVE to read everything to make sure you know what's going on outside of the constant slow lingering of characters chatting about stuff like how great Naruto, Kakashi, Sasuke, whatever are. And Bleach and Naruto are both guilty of this: Training arcs. Issue isn't the concept itself, but rather the fact that there's so many of them and they serve the same exact purpose of explaining shit that no one gives a shit about. Imagine if you were reading a Superman comic and all of a sudden Superman is being told by Martian Manhunter WHY he can fly in large bubbles of dialogue that take up half of the issue of the comic you're reading. That's what Naruto and Bleach does, and honestly who gives a shit?

Shengar

One Piece 723
Nothing goes wrong when Doflamingo involved. Sanji probably gonna get a beating, makes me wonder how they escaped this time, with Law too exhausted to fight and Fujitora on their tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom