• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonafunu

Fairy Tail's strength is that the one to one battles only last a chapter or two, compare that to One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, etc. and that means in a chapter, a one to one fight will have a beginning, middle and conclusion with a definite victor where in a series like Naruto or Bleach, a fight can last multiple volumes without somebody actually winning the fight.

Erza and Lucy being naked half the time is just icing on the cake.

It helps that the characters and powers are extremely straightforward.

One Piece
Bart still being a crazy fan boy .
Got a feeling Oda mess up on distance again cause 4000km is OP for violet ability .
Law doing a Aizen act and Sanji with awesome entrance again .
Next chapter should be interesting .

Sanji vs. Doflamingo? yes please , though I don't think he's strong enough just yet maybe he will team up with Law and the rest of the crew members.

One Piece

This was a pretty interesting chapter. Lots of stuff happened. Who knows, maybe we can finally find out what Doflamingo's ability is? I'm putting my bets on some kind of puppet-puppet powers or string powers.

Bleach

Hitsugaya's and Soi Fong's reiatsu are gone... but for how long?!

And as usual, Urahara comes to save the day. Pretty uneventful.

Naruto

Shikamaru :( dem feels

I can't wait for this to wrap up so Sasuke can betray Naruto.

Naruto

Come on man, we get it, teamwork is the answer! GET ON WITH IT.

Bleach

Pretty good chapter, slowly im rooting ever more for Bazz B to win. Pretty cool character. But like usual Bleach-iness, he's going to get beat somehow.

One Piece

Each chapter gets more interesting! Guess we'll finally see how/what Doflamingo's powers are, at the cost of Sanji getting beat badly.

Bleach 551

Bazz is growing on me.

Also

tskOhPJ.jpg

Bleach

Haha, praising Nanao, then crushing her confidence for not sharing her kido. Urahara always comes up with a solution, it´s not surprising.

one piece

Sanji vs. Daflamingo should be interesting and short. I don´t think that Sanji can last 2 minutes against him.
Violet can see 4000 km in every direction then she can easily find one piece.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Goddamn it Kishi, how many chapters do we really need of people having internal monologues about how cool Naruto is? And why are they all having telepathic conversations now? They randomly had Counselor Troi-like empathic feelings from Naruto last chapter, but now they're just psychically conversing - what?

And man, a psychic conversation about how everyone feels about Naruto must get real awkward:

Shikamaru: "Man, Naruto you're the coolest, I want to be your best friend."
Ino: "Man, Naruto you're the coolest, I want to be your best friend."
Sakura: "Man, Naruto you're the coolest, I want to be your best friend."
Kiba: "Man, Naruto you're the coolest, I want to be your best friend."
Hinata: "Man, Naruto you're the coolest, I want you inside me."

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

More Barto fanboy hilarity. I really didn't expect him to be this type of character, it's so great.

Sanji being awesome! I know he won't win, but I want to see him put up a good fight. At least, I hope we learn the name of Doflamingo's Devil Fruit.

Seems one of Doflamingo's men is a Super Saiyan, and he's named after a popular shoot-em-up. Unless that's a mistranlsation and his name is supposed to be "Gladius". That's my guess.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
So it's confirmed that Shikamaru's dad and them are actually dead? Or are we betting that they'll come back?

I swear I don't even know if I'm caught up on Naruto. It has all become a blur where I feel like I'm reading a huge 500 page chapter, where I can skip two chapters and feel like I picked up where I left off one week and then the next week remember nothing. It's so weird.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So it's confirmed that Shikamaru's dad and them are actually dead? Or are we betting that they'll come back?

I swear I don't even know if I'm caught up on Naruto. It has all become a blur where I feel like I'm reading a huge 500 page chapter, where I can skip two chapters and feel like I picked up where I left off one week and then the next week remember nothing. It's so weird.

They're very dead.

Averon

Naruto

Seriously. This foot dragging Kishi is doing is getting damn annoying. The last 4-5 chapters has been the same shit just reworded and rejiggered. I get that friendship and togetherness needs to be played up since this is the big, final battle an all, but it doesn't need 5 damn chapters.

Apath

Maybe Tobi's true plan was to unite all of the ninja villages together to prevent conflict, and so he's acting like the ultimate asshole LeLouche style as a catalyst.

And Naruto's design is beyond ridiculous when you compare it to every other character in the manga like they did in this chapter.

Aizo

Banned
Ma no Kakera - Ch. 2
Don't you hate it when you fall in love with a woman, she makes love to your floors, eyeballs start growing, and you can't seem to get the stains out of the tatami?

Well, stop worrying about those stains with this new, revolutionary cleaner, fire! Kill it with fire!!!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
They're very dead.

They had some flying thunder god teleportation nonsense in that HQ, and it paffed off in the distance, the "deaths" effectively offscreen. They totally coulda gotten out at the last second, see: every off-screen death in the history of fiction.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ma no Kakera - Ch. 2

Don't you hate it when you fall in love with a woman, she makes love to your floors, eyeballs start growing, and you can't seem to get the stains out of the tatami?

Well, stop worrying about those stains with this new, revolutionary cleaner, fire! Kill it with fire!!!

This is probably the second manga I know of with a floor fucking motif.

scy

Hadi Girl 7 - Hooray, date~

I'm really expecting this to go dark somewhere and I don't know why. Maybe it's the whole suddenly little magic thing whatever giving the girl tasks to do. I bet there's a dragon in that fucking egg.

Angry Grimace

Wedensdays? You know what that means, right?

One more day until a Soma chapter comes out
AU7Amsc.gif

R.I.P

One Piece

SANJIIII !
He obviously won't be able to beat Dofla but I think he will buy enough time to allow Law and the Sunny team to escape. Bart was also hilarious like usual. Wonder if Zoro will break into the colosseum, him versus Cabbage could be cool seeing as their both swordsmen.

Naruto

It feels like Kishi is just stalling for time now, you would think he would want to be finished with this already.

Bleach

Urahara cooking up something sweet, seems like the counterattack starts next week.

Dynedom

Naruto

Monologue no Jutsu in full effect

Bleach

This one-sided beatdown will probably end next chapter. Wonder of Kubo has the balls to make any of his caps lose even with their bankai back. Then again, if there are more lettered Sterns than captains, I'm assuming the captains have to win their individual battles so others (like the fullbringers and Ichigo's crew) can win their own individual battles. Shounen math and all.

Let's not forget the inevitable Aizen return.

Noblesse

Hell hath no fury than a power-hungry female ex-noble scorned

One Piece 723

Bart fanboyism is such a beautiful thing to see.

Law outsmarting Doff and Fuji was great.

And Sanji continues to have amazing entrances.

Ma no Kakera - Ch. 2

This is probably the second manga I know of with a floor fucking motif.

This reminds me of the floor fucking parties some girl I knew used to organize.

She was weird.

Bleach

This one-sided beatdown will probably end next chapter. Wonder of Kubo has the balls to make any of his caps lose even with their bankai back. Then again, if there are more lettered Sterns than captains, I'm assuming the captains have to win their individual battles so others (like the fullbringers and Ichigo's crew) can win their own individual battles. Shounen math and all.

Let's not forget the inevitable Aizen return.

The Stern Ritters still have vollstandig and skalveri to their arsenal, so they are not out of the count yet.

Noblesse

Hell hath no fury than a power-hungry female ex-noble scorned
Hehe so true. Sierra vs. Ignes should be one sided beat down in Ignes´s side. Poor, poor Sierra.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Not really sure how you get blown up any more explicitly without gore. Did you actually need something like this to see to buy it?

No need for gore, but something like showing their faces, then showing those faces getting whited out, then the explosion, would've been more explicit. Though even that coulda been retconed with "the whiting out was from the teleporting." As-is, we see an explosion on the horizon. Plenty of manga or anime has used a similar trope, an explosion in the distance, and then later we find out "oh they made it out" and are treated to a flashback of their escape, which always takes way longer than the actual time they would've had to get out, but such is the medium.

Not saying that WILL happen, but they aint 100% dead till the manga ends.

Maybe Tobi's true plan was to unite all of the ninja villages together to prevent conflict, and so he's acting like the ultimate asshole LeLouche style as a catalyst.

And Naruto's design is beyond ridiculous when you compare it to every other character in the manga like they did in this chapter.

This would require a level of sophistication that Kishi simply doesn't have

Jigolo

Please Oda let this be the last crew addition. 5 yes 5 from this arc.

Bart, Kinemon, Momonoske, glaidiator chick that was with luffy, and Violet.

Leaders of the new world

Angry Grimace

No need for gore, but something like showing their faces, then showing those faces getting whited out, then the explosion, would've been more explicit. Though even that coulda been retconed with "the whiting out was from the teleporting." As-is, we see an explosion on the horizon. Plenty of manga or anime has used a similar trope, an explosion in the distance, and then later we find out "oh they made it out" and are treated to a flashback of their escape, which always takes way longer than the actual time they would've had to get out, but such is the medium.

Not saying that WILL happen, but they aint 100% dead till the manga ends.

They're as dead as people get in this series. Nobody has died that way, not even Jiriaya.

IHaveIce

Banned
Bleach

Haha, praising Nanao, then crushing her confidence for not sharing her kido. Urahara always comes up with a solution, it´s not surprising.

one piece

Sanji vs. Daflamingo should be interesting and short. I don´t think that Sanji can last 2 minutes against him.
Violet can see 4000 km in every direction then she can easily find one piece.

Yeah, though I think the One Piece can't be really seen, this was my first thought aswell.

4000KM is super far. This has to be a typo or not really been thought of.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
They're as dead as people get in this series. Nobody has died that way, not even Jiriaya.

Do we really buy "he was too deep in the water" for why there was never any DNA stolen to edo-tensei him? Orochimaru/Kabuto couldn't have grabbed him with some deep-sea summon? Unless... there was nothing there to grab?!??!

:3

upandaway

One Piece

Heey things are really heating up. Totally forgot Sanji could fly! That was great. Battle in the air? Someone get out the DBZ comparisons.

And seriously, the scope of things lately. Violet's ability, Dofla's and Sanji's jumps, etc. I remember when we first saw Room's new scale in Punk Hazard and everyone flipped out by how huge it was for such a broken ability, but, well, it doesn't look so big now!

Hystzen

Naruto

just keep stalling got to get them volume sales can't have more volumes if you end the manga

Shikimaru only character I don't want to punch in the face is perfect for leader...nah bro need Naruto he main character

Bleach

Goddammit Kubo way to bail out Ice boy from death yet again by having Vega interrupt, now we all know Urahara reveals how to get back bankai then ice boy gets it back then uses that ice tower move to defeat Vega and Buzz B

Still worst combat record next to Chad only won one fight

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Naruto

Go away Kiba you're useless and no one cares.

Shikamaru is awesome.

Sup Kakashi, long time no see. You look like hell

Did you guys know that Naruto has a strong will? DID YOU? EH?

Also, Kishimoto really sucks at building interpersonal relationships. I mean, we already knew that, but... We all can see that Shikamaru's been, like, the one friend Naruto has had since childhood, who never looked at him with contempt or hatred or tried to treat him like he was invisible. Shikamaru's always treated Naruto pretty much the same as everyone else, yet it feels like they don't really have a relationship of any kind. You know what I mean?

Like, you'd think Shikamaru would be on Iruka's level in Naruto's mind as a dependable friend, but he's just kind of there. It's an unspoken friendship that we all see should be there, but just, well, isn't.

Angry Grimace

Do we really buy "he was too deep in the water" for why there was never any DNA stolen to edo-tensei him? Orochimaru/Kabuto couldn't have grabbed him with some deep-sea summon? Unless... there was nothing there to grab?!??!

:3

If he really wanted Jiriaya's DNA, the walls of the local brothel would have sufficed

Naruto

Go away Kiba you're useless and no one cares.

Shikamaru is awesome.

Sup Kakashi, long time no see. You look like hell

Did you guys know that Naruto has a strong will? DID YOU? EH?

Also, Kishimoto really sucks at building interpersonal relationships. I mean, we already knew that, but... We all can see that Shikamaru's been, like, the one friend Naruto has had since childhood, who never looked at him with contempt or hatred or tried to treat him like he was invisible. Shikamaru's always treated Naruto pretty much the same as everyone else, yet it feels like they don't really have a relationship of any kind. You know what I mean?

Like, you'd think Shikamaru would be on Iruka's level in Naruto's mind as a dependable friend, but he's just kind of there. It's an unspoken friendship that we all see should be there, but just, well, isn't.
Its dumb actually. Shikamaru ain't Naruto's "friend" any more than any one else is. He barely fucking talks to him.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
If he really wanted Jiriaya's DNA, the walls of the local brothel would have sufficed

Its dumb actually. Shikamaru ain't Naruto's "friend" any more than any one else is. He barely fucking talks to him.

Maybe I'm letting too much anime filler get into my head, but from what I recall, Shikamaru, even when everyone was young, tried approaching naruto several times, played with him on occasion, and cheered him up when he was down a few times, as well.

I don´t agree with this at all. Naruto and Shikamaru were on mission together and that´s creates comradery among ninjas. Not to mention it was Shikamaru that comforted Naruto when Jiraya died, and got him on track. I would say they are friends and close ones at that.

Angry Grimace

I don´t agree with this at all. Naruto and Shikamaru were on mission together and that´s creates comradery among ninjas. Not to mention it was Shikamaru that comforted Naruto when Jiraya died, and got him on track. I would say they are friends and close ones at that.

As for the "they went on a mission together," they're mercenaries. There isn't any reason to believe they had any greater comraderie than Naruto had with anyone else, unless there's a lot of chumming around that's occurring offscreen. Sure, I guess Shikamaru was sort of nice to him when Jiriaya died, but I don't think that makes them like best beds unless, again, a lot of their friendship is offscreen stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom