• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Didn't the Melee site continue updating after the game was released?

Granted, they're different situations, but it's still precedent.

1. Has anyone wondered why we learned about Meta Knight and King Dedede's special moves...

but not Kirby's?

And is it true that Kirby wasn't at E for All?

I think we all know what this means... we're going to see something new for Kirby of epic proportions, on the level of Zero Suit Samus.

2. Predicting:

entry_banner.jpg

150px-Lololala2.gif

Jiggy

Lolo and Lala would rock my world pretty hard. Their music would be great and at least there'd be more than one character using the two-in-one mechanic.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
A Link to the Snitch said:
1. Has anyone wondered why we learned about Meta Knight and King Dedede's special moves...

but not Kirby's?

And is it true that Kirby wasn't at E for All?

I think we all know what this means... we're going to see something new for Kirby of epic proportions, on the level of Zero Suit Samus.

2. Predicting:

entry_banner.jpg

150px-Lololala2.gif

Is that Pop 'n' Twin Bee?

Holyfucking shit

I think I figured out what's changed with Kirby

(speculation)

When Kirby copies someone, he gains ALL of their moves! The facts that:

A. We have no moveset update for Kirby

B. There's no reason to believe that he has any different moves (we've seen all of his B moves in action)

C. Not playable at E for All

D. Never uses any moves in any screenshots while wearing an opponent's hat.

WOW.

Holyfucking shit

(speculation)

B. There's no reason to believe that he has any different moves (we've seen all of his B moves in action)

WOW.
Did you just leap to a conclusion based on a lack of information?

Zeed

Banned
Holyfucking shit

(speculation)

WOW.
lol

dfyb

Banned
Holyfucking shit

(speculation)

WOW.
lol

ShockingAlberto said:
Did you just leap to a conclusion based on a lack of information?

Zelda not playable at E for All = "Sheik's in!!!"

So I don't know why this conclusion is crazier.

We haven't seen him doing anything while copying - every single pic he's in that he's copied someone, he's just standing there.

Regardless, I presented it as speculation - I'm not stating it as fact, I'm just theorizing. The lack of information makes me ask WHY the lack of information.

Zeed

Banned
Don't be facetious, there's a lot of evidence supporting Shiek. We know that a new Twilight Princess style Shiek model is in the game. It's not at all a stretch to say that it's still part of Zelda's moveset and that Sakurai doesn't want us to see it until it's revealed on the Dojo.

well, we havent seen any of Megaman moves yet, so he is pretty much confirmed to be in the game.

I mean, its clear he wasnt in the E for All demo because they didnt have his copy moves worked out yet.

Jiggy

I can't remember ever seeing Kirby's Down B, actually, but I suppose that's guaranteed to remain what it's always been anyway.

Zeed said:
Don't be facetious, there's a lot of evidence supporting Shiek. We know that a new Twilight Princess style Shiek model is in the game. It's not at all a stretch to say that it's still part of Zelda's moveset and that Sakurai doesn't want us to see it until it's revealed on the Dojo.

I'm not basing this as fact, I'm just saying that the only reason to keep someone out would be that they had to

Zelda was obviously left out for that reason, I would say that Kirby is being left out for the same reason.

And I was just blown away by the lack of info I found.

Linkzg said:
well, we havent seen any of Megaman moves yet, so he is pretty much confirmed to be in the game.

I mean, its clear he wasnt in the E for All demo because they didnt have his copy moves worked out yet.

Clear? Hell, I didn't say it was clear that his Copy move had been altered, I was speculating.

Jiggy37 said:
I can't remember ever seeing Kirby's Down B, actually, but I suppose that's guaranteed to remain what it's always been anyway.

He used it in the first trailer

Zeed

Banned
Zelda was obviously left out for that reason, I would say that Kirby is being left out for the same reason.
Logical fallacy.

We arrived at the Zelda conclusion based on preexisting evidence.

You arrived at the Kirby conclusion based on a lack of preexisting evidence.

Zeed said:
Logical fallacy.

We arrived at the Zelda conclusion based on preexisting evidence.

You arrived at the Kirby conclusion based on a lack of preexisting evidence.

Kirby's his own character, and the fact that he was revealed right away and has barely anything revealed about him is flat-out odd.

You can say "lack of info" to make it seem like speculation is off-based, but would you not speculate that Mario was being changed if we had barely info on him?

EDIT: Also, Hell, this thread has been full of "lack of info = (insert conclusion here)", like the people who said ZSS would be her own character or that ZSS would be selectable. Hell, I got flamed for saying that ZSS would probably be as a result of that big blast.

Jiggy

He used it in the first trailer
Oh yeah, I remember now, right before he's knocked away before the Snake reveal.
I wonder how many different stone forms he'll have in this game.

Jiggy37 said:
Oh yeah, I remember now, right before he's knocked away before the Snake reveal.
I wonder how many different stone forms he'll have in this game.

I so wish that he gets his Stone forms from KSS.

I'd love seeing him turn into a Mario statue, Link statue, and Samus statue (turning into each of them once giving you a trophy of them).

Zeed

Banned
not why Sakurai said nothing about Mario?
You can't really be this dumb. You're just ribbing us, aren't you?

Oh I get it.

Sakurai's said nothing about Game and Watch! Clearly he's being replaced by Mrs. Game and Watch who'll cook pancakes.

Jiggy

I'd love seeing him turn into a Mario statue, Link statue, and Samus statue (turning into each of them once giving you a trophy of them).
You've given me an idea: Kirby should be able to turn into statues of whichever character he's absorbed... That'd be pretty awesome. I wonder if any of the game makers actually thought of it.

Zeed said:
You can't really be this dumb. You're just ribbing us, aren't you?

Oh I get it.

Sakurai's said nothing about Fox's moveset! Clearly he's getting his Adventure's staff and his Down-B will transform him into Krystal.

Wow.

Zeed, is there some mental condition that forces you to be a dipshit?

Let's clarify:

I don't give a shit about being right or wrong in this.

You go into a blind rage for the purpose of proving me wrong, creating an argument.

As it turns out, Zeed, you, yourself, and no one else gives a shit about this argument, and I won't let some idiotic troll bring this thread into some stupid tangent of you declaring war over speculation.

Christ.

Jiggy37 said:
You've given me an idea: Kirby should be able to turn into statues of whichever character he's absorbed... That'd be pretty awesome. I wonder if any of the game makers actually thought of it.

That'd be pretty cool, definitely. What if they had an effect based on who the copied character was (frozen statue with Ice Climbers, for instance)?

Zeed

Banned
Wow.

Zeed, is there some mental condition that forces you to be a dipshit?

Let's clarify:

I don't give a shit about being right or wrong in this.

You go into a blind rage for the purpose of proving me wrong, creating an argument.

As it turns out, Zeed, you, yourself, and no one else gives a shit about this argument, and I won't let some idiotic troll bring this thread into some stupid tangent of you declaring war over speculation.

Christ.
lol.

PS. Your argument is still rediculous.

Somnid

Zeed said:
You can't really be this dumb, can you?

Okay, Sakurai's said nothing about Fox's moveset. Clearly he's getting his Adventure's staff and his Down-B will transform him into Krystal.

Bad example.

There's no real reason to think that any existing characters will be changed much. Especially in the way of specials, they may act slightly different but the vast majority still seem to have the same moves they always have. I'm sure some have noticed but Sakurai at least makes an effort to not have completely obvious updates. Returning items and pokemon have not been coved at all, because it's just not as interesting.

Zeed

Banned
Somnid said:
Bad example.
Particularly because Fox's moves actually have been shown. I'm surprised no one has pointed that out yet.

Somnid said:
There's no real reason to think that any existing characters will be changed much.
That...is exactly what I was saying. I can't tell if you're arguing with me or agreeing with me. Please clarify this!

:lol

I'm surprised Zeed hasn't been bad for causing the past four arguments in this thread (thank God this one didn't last five minutes).
You're very easily excitable, aren't you?

Zeed said:
Particularly because Fox's moves actually have been shown. I'm surprised no one has pointed that out yet.

That...is exactly what I was saying. I can't tell if you're arguing with me or agreeing with me. Please clarify this!

You're very easily excitable, aren't you?

*looks at past four arguments*

*looks at who caused this thread to turn to shit*

*sees Zeed*

Hmm.

Jiggy

And to think I was thinking the thread had been moving too slowly today.

That'd be pretty cool, definitely. What if they had an effect based on who the copied character was (frozen statue with Ice Climbers, for instance)?
This would be excellent. Evil Magic Ganondorf Statue Kirby to own threats.

...Oh, hey, actually it could be a decent way to balance Kirby out against the heavyweights in casual play (AKA where people actually get hit by the Stone attack in the first place). The heavier his absorbed opponent, the more knockback.

Zeed

Banned
*looks at past four arguments*

*looks at who caused this thread to turn to shit*

*sees Zeed*

Hmm.
Well, you pretty much just destroyed me there didn't you?

Jiggy37 said:
...Oh, hey, actually it could be a decent way to balance Kirby out against the heavyweights in casual play (AKA where people actually get hit by the Stone attack in the first place). The heavier his absorbed opponent, the more knockback.
I'm not sure that'll work so well for balancing purposes. Kirby's Down-B doesn't serve much purpose at the higher levels of play. It'd be a neat little touch, to be sure, but only asthetically, not practicaly.

Jiggy37 said:
And to think I was thinking the thread had been moving too slowly today.

This would be excellent. Evil Magic Ganondorf Statue Kirby to own threats.

Yeah, Stone never really worked for me against a good opponent.

So I don't know why this conclusion is crazier.
No, you're right. This is in fact just as stupid as that equation you put regarding Zelda and Sheik.

That is not good company to have.

ShockingAlberto said:
No, you're right. This is in fact just as stupid as that equation you put regarding Zelda and Sheik.

That is not good company to have.

I wasn't making an argument, stating fact, or saying I believe it to be true (merely masquerading it as true).

Somnid

I agree with you Zeed. There's overwhelming evidence that the majority of stuff is not going to get mucked with. There will be additions and maybe a few tweaks, but so far the biggest alteration was FLUDD and the old special became an attack instead because it made a lot more sense that way, big deal.

Somnid said:
I agree with you Zeed. There's overwhelming evidence that the majority of stuff is not going to get mucked with. There will be additions and maybe a few tweaks, but so far the biggest alteration was FLUDD and the old special became an attack instead because it made a lot more sense that way, big deal.

We're definitely going to see some changes in Luigi, though.

Zeed said:
But Snitch's wild theories are fact. How can you disagree with fact?

Zeed, are you just trying to turn this topic to shit to maintain your highest post count here?

I've dropped the argument that you started, could you, y'know, stop making the thread shittier?

You really have a thing about arguments, it seems.

While I think it's a small possibility that Kirby could steal ALL of a character's moves, Kirby has traditionally been a hybrid of his own special abilities and those of his enemies. Honestly, I just think they're holding off on all of his different forms. They may not have all of his "costumes" completed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom