• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teasel

the silhouette looks like mr.game & watch :O
Game.jpg

and we are back looking at the clouds... *groan*

Koomaster

SantaC said:
Galaxia Darkness, sounds like something straight out of Sailor Stars...
Wow, I didn't even notice the title of his FS, but yeah, that does remind me of Sailor Stars. Pretty odd since I was watching the first disc to that season last night waiting for the update. :p

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
sp0rsk, stop rubbing it in our faces that you have Mario Galaxy. Get back to making up funny thread titles for our amusement.

You're making these two weeks seem so long...

Iam Canadian

Incidentally, I got my copy of the new Nintendo Power in the mail today. The Smash article is a huge disappointment. It's not really a "hands-on" so much as it is just a regurgitation of stuff we've already seen on the site. It's actually a top ten list of the coolest things in the game.

Interestingly enough, the first page of the article has mugshots of every revealed character so far except for Lucas, Sonic, and King Dedede. Well, the article still thinks the game is coming out December 3rd, so maybe they're not on there because they weren't revealed when the article was written. Well, that's true for Sonic and Dedede, but there's actually a Lucas screenshot later in the article.

Yes, Nintendo, we know your anti-Mother bias. We know you hate a gaming masterpiece. We know you don't consider Lucas good enough to be on the page with the rest of the characters.

=(

Anyway, it's all generic stuff. Not even a cool poster to go with it.

Jiggy

Shig said:
more like wh0rsk amirite
I loled for real.

About seeing Luigi in the Mario silhouette, I'm just glad we've at least progressed past the point where people are questioning whether Luigi's in Brawl and making ShockingAlberto explode in the process.

Iam Canadian said:
Incidentally, I got my copy of the new Nintendo Power in the mail today. The Smash article is a huge disappointment. It's not really a "hands-on" so much as it is just a regurgitation of stuff we've already seen on the site. It's actually a top ten list of the coolest things in the game.

Interestingly enough, the first page of the article has mugshots of every revealed character so far except for Lucas, Sonic, and King Dedede. Well, the article still thinks the game is coming out December 3rd, so maybe they're not on there because they weren't revealed when the article was written. Well, that's true for Sonic and Dedede, but there's actually a Lucas screenshot later in the article.

Yes, Nintendo, we know your anti-Mother bias. We know you hate a gaming masterpiece. We know you don't consider Lucas good enough to be on the page with the rest of the characters.

=(

My most treasured gaming magazine was the nintendo power with the preview for the original Smash Bros, I was about 10 at the time and I hadn't heard about the game before I got that magazine... The pure awesomeness of the game just completely blew my mind... although I didn't know who Samus was at the time... but the idea of duking it out as Mario and Pikachu and Donkey Kong, it was as if all my dreams had come true.

Milabrega

BuddhaRockstar said:
My most treasured gaming magazine was the nintendo power with the preview for the original Smash Bros, I was about 10 at the time and I hadn't heard about the game before I got that magazine... The pure awesomeness of the game just completely blew my mind... although I didn't know who Samus was at the time... but the idea of duking it out as Mario and Pikachu and Donkey Kong, it was as if all my dreams had come true.

The first Smash Brothers game had the perfect commercial promoting the game.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UvljN9ycqLg

Iam Canadian

BuddhaRockstar said:

I remember the issue where they showed the game's four secret characters. I was kind of disappointed at Jigglypuff; I loved Pokemon then, but I wasn't such a fan of the Puff. Luigi was pretty much expected. How could Luigi not be in there in some form? Much like Samus, I didn't have a clue who Captain Falcon was, seeing as the only F-Zero game I had ever played was the original.

Then I saw Ness.

The hero of the first and still best RPG I had ever played? The protagonist of the game that seemingly I had only ever heard of? Ness, the main character of that game that had a sequel that was reaching Duke Nukem Forever levels of delays?

HE was in Smash Bros?

That sold me on Smash Bros. THOROUGHLY sold me.

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
About seeing Luigi in the Mario silhouette, I'm just glad we've at least progressed past the point where people are questioning whether Luigi's in Brawl and making ShockingAlberto explode in the process.

Aside from a few deluded people, nobody seriously doubted Luigi's presence in Brawl in the first place.

Iam Canadian said:
I remember the issue where they showed the game's four secret characters. I was kind of disappointed at Jigglypuff; I loved Pokemon then, but I wasn't such a fan of the Puff. Luigi was pretty much expected. How could Luigi not be in there in some form? Much like Samus, I didn't have a clue who Captain Falcon was, seeing as the only F-Zero game I had ever played was the original.

Then I saw Ness.

The hero of the first and still best RPG I had ever played? The protagonist of the game that seemingly I had only ever heard of? Ness, the main character of that game that had a sequel that was reaching Duke Nukem Forever levels of delays?

HE was in Smash Bros?

I never played the N64 -version, unfortunately. I did have a N64, but for some reason this game completely slipped under my radar. I was about 11 at the time.

Then, many years later, I bought a GameCube with Rogue Squadron and Smash Bros. Melee as a blind-buy. I didn't know what to expect. At first, I was disappointed - I honestly didn't like it. I even remember saying to my good friend, while we played it, that I was going to return it the next day. But we continued to play, and throughout the night, we got hooked. I decided to post-pone the 'returning', and see if there was more to the game. Many years, and thousands of hours later, we laugh about the initial statements. Heck, we played the game to death and back, and introduced it to all of our friends. And yes, it was this particular friend who got so fiendishly good with Link that I *once* threw my WaveBird to the wall due to him... :D

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
Then I saw Ness.

HE was in Smash Bros?

Otherwise known as The Amir0x Principle.

Iam Canadian said:

=(

Well that sucks to hear about the new NP.

Prediction tomorrow: Assist Trophy... Advance wars probably...

This week already had a megaton, so don't think its gonna happen again this week, final smash and a stage shown up, ony thing missing are items and a character, and since King Dedede was revealed not long ago, an item it is...

.. but then, this is Sakurai, unpredictable as ever.

Jiggy

We've escaped thirty-three glorious days of updates with no item. Will the streak be broken? Every day this week I've expected that it wouldn't (even when predicting otherwise, my expectations weren't in line), but that hasn't happened.

We also haven't gotten our 24th character profile yet during this, our 24th update week. Will that streak continue[/]? I think I'll have to say it won't.

Predicting F-Zero music.

Xeke

Banned
Firestorm said:
Agreed.
And Nintendo had the balls to play the same song in the commercial while people were leaving their conference this year at E3. You know, the one where the only Smash info we got was "December 3rd, 2007"... which turned out to be a lie.

A lie and a change of plans are different.

Jiggy

Captain Falcon with F-Zero music would be nice, although hopefully a composition other than Mute City and Big Blue. (I love both, but want to hear something else.)

Firestorm

Xeke said:
A lie and a change of plans are different.

Who cares. Even when I didn't know it was a lie, my anger was at a boiling point =[ Like kicking me while I was down. Even worse than Miyamoto coming on stage and me going "please please please give me a new game". What he did of course was demonstrate Wii Fit for an hour.

Prediction: New Item - Wii Balance board.

Jiggy37 said:
Captain Falcon with F-Zero music would be nice, although hopefully a composition other than Mute City and Big Blue. (I love both, but want to hear something else.)

F-Zero X Silence by Ishiwatari ...oh well there's still Sakuraba. That's the only one I find as memorable as those other two.

Anyway, I predict a music update : Snake Eater

Jiggy

Yeah, in terms of being memorable Mute City and Big Blue are tops. I'm just saying I want to hear something other than new versions of the themes that were in SSBM. >_>

Edit: On the Dojo, I mean. If Big Blue isn't in SSBB itself I'll go sobbing into the night or something like that.

Firestorm said:
Agreed.
And Nintendo had the balls to play the same song in the commercial while people were leaving their conference this year at E3. You know, the one where the only Smash info we got was "December 3rd, 2007"... which turned out to be a lie.
Right, a lie. Nintendo was like "We're so going to fuck over those people by delaying the game two months and not telling the truth about it -- those bastards don't even see it coming!" Only you could see through their plans, super-sleuth. Only you.

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
Yeah, in terms of being memorable Mute City and Big Blue are tops. I'm just saying I want to hear something other than new versions of the themes that were in SSBM. >_>

Edit: On the Dojo, I mean. If Big Blue isn't in SSBB itself I'll go sobbing into the night or something like that.

Indeed. While I prefer the music for Mute City over Big Blue, I hope we see something new on the F-Zero front instead of remade versions of those two songs again.

Big Blue is the most underrated non-Mother level in SSBM. It's definitely a chaotic level, but it's just so much fun to play on. I'm not saying it breeds a tactical or strategic match, but it's just so viscerally exciting.

I wouldn't be surprised if we started getting more than one music update per franchise on the Dojo eventually. After all, we've got until February. Besides, with the sheer volume of music in this game, even two songs per franchise on the Dojo would be a mere fraction of the complete soundtrack.

...God. This game is going to have a phenomenal OST. Remixed tracks from Mother, Kirby, F-Zero, Zelda...this is going to be amazing.

Akai

Iam Canadian said:
Big Blue is the most underrated non-Mother level in SSBM. It's definitely a chaotic level, but it's just so much fun to play on. I'm not saying it breeds a tactical or strategic match, but it's just so viscerally exciting.
Agreed, and I predict that it will come back remade in an even more intense form...

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
Truth. My favorite non-serious stage by far, which kind of reflects in how I keep using that stage editor to lend itself to fights that would be spent almost entirely off the ground. I actually once played a 99 stock match to completion there just against CPUs. >_>

New Pork City actually reminds me of Big Blue somewhat, with small platforms all over the place.

I wouldn't be surprised if we started getting more than one music update per franchise on the Dojo eventually. After all, we've got until February.
I don't know if they'll keep updating past the Japanese release date--even if they do, maybe not straight to February 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom