• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Not counting assumed evolutions or legendarys we're at 60, though. Just saying.
This is undoubtedly true. We can't just assume evolutions due to an open slot even when it's likely.
We'll just wind up disappointed when another Emolga-equivalent pops up to shatter our dreams.
<shakes fist at Emolga>

superjon

Neo Member
Lots of new cutesy stuff in the mountain dex so far. Really liking their designs (Goomy no. 1). Will be interesting to see if they evolve into someting thats a bit more menancing, along the line of Orotto.

Love the new pokemon. Simple and appealing.

Macka

GF really botched the balance job. They made Fairy OP as shit, all while Ice/Grass/Poison still suck. I know Poison is super effective against Fairies now, but Steel does that too, and has far more coverage as well.

Caladrius

This is undoubtedly true. We can't just assume evolutions due to a slot even when it's likely.
We'll just wind up disappointed when another Emolga-equivalent pops up to shatter our dreams.
<shakes fist at Emolga>

Pikaclones (besides Pichu) never evolve, silly. Raichu is proof that their evos probably get neglected.

Goomy evolves at level 40. I sense another Hydreigon level pattern.

GF really botched the balance job. They made Fairy OP as shit, all while Ice/Grass/Poison still suck. I know Poison is super effective against Fairies now, but Steel does that too, and has far more coverage as well.
Can't Theorymon about balance when the games aren't even out yet.

ivysaur12

Banned

They really need to work on that next gen. It's embarrassing, especially if they're going to let you start with a Grass type.

Grass being strong against Fairy would've been a great start.

Fey

Banned

I was hoping Ice and Poison would be the only types good against Fairy. Grass would have been awesome, too.

k91191

So is Pumpkinboo a dead Cherrim? :,(

K8twyAN.jpg

Forkball

The Ghost/Grass Pokemon and Icechunk guy are pretty cool. We are inching closer to that number (though the master list should be revised, we have no idea if Doublade will have an evolution, same with a few others). Looks like it will probably be above 70, but I doubt it will touch 100 at all.

Here's type combos I'm surprised we don't have yet:

Bug/Dark
Ghost/Rock
Fire/Ice
Fire/Grass
Electric/Fighting

The Ghost/Grass Pokemon and Icechunk guy are pretty cool. We are inching closer to that number (though the master list should be revived, we have no idea if Doublade will have an evolution, same with a few others). Looks like it will probably be above 70, but I doubt it will touch 100 at all.

Here's type combos I'm surprised we don't have yet:

Bug/Dark
Ghost/Rock
Fire/Ice
Fire/Grass
Electric/Fighting

Still sad Electivire wasn't Electric/Fighting.

Espada

I love how GF went on about balance, but then admitted the only reason Fairy existed is because they didn't want to hurt Dragons' statistical advantage over the other types. So Fairy is made, and from the properties of the type alone they're pretty OP. They're immune to dragon and their only weaknesses are uncommon attacking types, one of which is night-worthless and both are weak to Earthquake.

And like you said, those other times weren't helped out at all. In fact I'm sure GF will continue to make defensive ice pokemon and tanky grass types.

Meikiyou

AMAZING
Pokemon X and Y makes a successful transition to a 3D world and adds some impressive depth and online features. RT
JOSE OTERO 4 OCT 2013
+Fluid animation
+Great character design
+Rich multiplayer
+Mega evolutions
– Brainless A.I. trainers

Forkball

The Game Informer review mentions there are minor differences between X and Y that Nintendo is keeping a secret. Any idea to what they may be? PERHAPS EXCLUSIVE SKINNY PANTS?

icy_eagle

Grass, while possibly on the weaker end of the types, isn't that awful. It's one of only two types to hit water SE, is immune to leech seed (and powder moves I guess, but LS is a big deal) and has some useful resistances, ground in particular.

Ice is just absolutely awful though, and it doesn't help when GF is making most of them slow and bulky.

Dawg

Welp, can finally reveal it guys. I have been playing Pokemon Y all along!

*dramatic squirrel moment*

The thing I wanted to share earlier: there is a random person from Hoenn talking about his region. He said it's a nice region etc etc, but the final thing he said was very interesting:

"You will see it in due time"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom