• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

I don't remember seeing screenshots before with player names above the characters. Also, I the custom taunt text will be fun to use. Double also...that Samus fan service is hot!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Gekkonidae said:
So they didn't have time to make Little Mac playable but they could implement this?

Those have nothing to do with each other, learn how games are made

Somnid

technique07_071113f-l.jpg

Okay this has to be intentional.

Very cool update! I already knew this from E4all, but it's still neat.

I love Mario's new taunt. I no longer have to put up with his old one that takes years.

Jiggy

-After final smashes moved up to being the third most common update type yesterday, How to Play grew jealous and immediately set out to tie its opponent at 15 total updates.

-Including this week, each of the past three weeks (and four of the past five) have had at least one How to Play update.

-For those following along... the 25th update was Samus, the 50th was Samus' final smash, the 75th was Subspace Army (not Emissary), the 100th was Wi-Fi Play, the 125th (by Japan count, ignoring the NA delay notice) was Taking Snapshots, and the 150th was taunts. Make of this what you will. >_> Personally, I'm not expecting much of the 175th, but I'll be hoping for a lot from the 200th.

-The drought continues, at thirteen long update days with no character update. :( If desperation were a meal, perhaps the SSBB thread's would be a 22" New York style pizza. Hold out hope! 17 of our 23 known characters were revealed on either a Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
-The drought continues, at thirteen long update days with no character update. :( If desperation were a meal, perhaps the SSBB thread's would be a 22" New York style pizza. Hold out hope! 17 of our 23 known characters were revealed on either a Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.
If we get no character this week, I will actually eat a week long ban. For real serious.

Jiggy

Zeed said:
If we get no character this week, I will actually eat a week long ban. For real serious.
And to think I was only going to say that if we went 21 more update days without a character, you'd have built up 24 hours of ban bet and should be gone for a day.

But I guess it's true that wouldn't be as entertaining. :D

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Every non-character day brings us closer to a character.

Once more unto the breach, friends! We shall have our character yet!

Jiggy

Maybe for fun No chance at all we'll get three characters in the last three days of the week, just like the olden days of that first week with Mario, Link, and Pit.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I'm actually questioning if Sakurai is going to reveal any more veterans. The last one we got was the Ice Climbers on September 14. I'm starting to think that we may not get any more veterans revealed on the site; maybe the rest will be unlockable.

Watch, now he's going to post a veteran just to prove me wrong. But it is odd how we've gone this long without one.

m00

Zeed said:
Just in time for Mega Man to be revealed at the 20th anniversary event this weekend.

Slavik81

m00 said:
Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread - She curls herself in some sort of new stretch
That.

Rotanibor Eht said:
AWESOME at the snake box.
and DOUBLE AWESOME at Dedede saying 'Right back at ya!'
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/technique/images/technique07/technique07_071113k-l.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
How did I not notice that? I only noticed Wario and his 'Enjoy the view"

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
I'm actually questioning if Sakurai is going to reveal any more veterans. The last one we got was the Ice Climbers on September 14. I'm starting to think that we may not get any more veterans revealed on the site; maybe the rest will be unlockable.

Watch, now he's going to post a veteran just to prove me wrong. But it is odd how we've gone this long without one.
I think it might end up being the case that he only puts up one unlockable veteran (prior to the release of SSBB, more afterward), for the sake of demonstrating the unlocking mechanic to the true Smash Bros. neophytes.

But I'm still holding out hope for more of them. If it comes down to unlockable veterans or unlockable non-third-party newcomers being shown on the Dojo, I'd sooner expect the former...

And with that, I'm out for now.

DaMainman

Any reason why the taunt method for the Wii remote on its own wasn't revealed? I'm assuming you'd have to hold the minus button while pressing a control pad direction, but I can't be sure.

Best part of the update was the mental image of having Solid Snake as a parent. Interpret that as you will.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I suppose that 1+2 being used for taunts in the Remote+Nunchuk configuration means that the joypad is going to be used for actions.

That just sounds annoying.

I know two teams of folks snuck nunchuks into E for All, but I never had the impression they had enough time to really determine what the complete control configuration was. What do we know so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom