• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Grecco said:
disapointing super move sounds alot like Sonics supermove

il give them props for the garlicks on warios suit though.
not really. Sonic just flies around, Wario can Fly around but it looks mostly like his moves are powered up or put into turbo mode.

EDIT: Oh cool the shoulder charge screenn shows the WW ini game where the Franks get stepped on by the shoe. Can't wait to see the giant ass shoe.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
What's the lamest update I could predict tonight? Worse than pausing, difficulty sliders, and sound modes combined?

The return of Single Button Mode.

Iam Canadian said:
What's the lamest update I could predict tonight? Worse than pausing, difficulty sliders, and sound modes combined?

With tap jump off and customizable controls, SBM could be fucking awesome.

Turn attack in to L! One handed mode with no jumping!

Linkhero1

super-smash-bros-brawl-20071127051247319.jpg

Kirby looks high. :lol

Jiggy

grandjedi6 said:
Well there goes our chance of a double update. Guess it will only be Pokemon gender differences then
You've reminded me that I wanted to see the female Pikachu tail in those alternates, but it was not there. :(

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Hey guys... Wario got a real alternate costume!

It almost makes sense now that they didn't go with alternate costumes. Some of these characters go through quite a bit of variance with all the zaniness that takes place in this game.

Sciz

I can't be the only one who wants to see Sakurai script an entire RPG after this.

Iam Canadian said:

I'm waiting for the No-Button Mode announcement, myself.

Iam Canadian

MisterHero said:
wait wait wait

so is WarioMan another new character like Zero Suit Samus?

No, Wario Man is more akin to Super Sonic - a temporary transformation brought on by the Final Smash.

NeonZ

MisterHero said:
wait wait wait

Not really. Unlike ZSamus, he's mostly a Wario clone with one new attack and a few special features (like flying). He seems to be more unique than Giga Bowser at least, but he's not anywhere near ZSamus or Sheik. Besides, he also probably is time limited, though that hasn't been confirmed yet.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
MisterHero said:
wait wait wait

No... just what Wario turns into when he grabs a Final Smash Ball.

RavenFox said:
O M F G.......!

Pfft, that's nothing. Just think if we actually advertised. You know, hung up some fliers around town, ran a few ads on the local radio stations... got the word out. We could have 5 million views a day.

Think about it.

Iam Canadian said:

Oooo. That is a good one. All controls are montion mapped to the Wii mote. Shake is your only option. It jumps, attacks, and runs left all in one motion.

Jiggy

crowphoenix said:
Oooo. That is a good one. All controls are montion mapped to the Wii mote. Shake is your only option. It jumps, attacks, and runs left all in one motion.
I can honestly say I'd never play it. Not even out of morbid curiosity.

Iam Canadian

crowphoenix said:

That would be...horrific.

The casuals would love it, though.

Iam Canadian

BlueSummers said:
Im glad this is Warios FS because it gives more hope for Sheik being Zeldas FS. Im a sheik hater sorry :D

Perhaps Sheik will be a full-fledged character brought on by the Final Smash a la Zero Suit Samus, but I doubt Sheik will be a temporary enhancement like Giga Bowser, Super Sonic, or Wario Man. The difference is that the latter transformations simply augment the character's existing repertoire of abilities. Sheik has completely different abilities than Zelda, with their own unique advantages and disadvantages. I don't think Sakurai would go to the trouble of creating a completely unique moveset (and likely a unique set of animations) just to be a temporary "hyper mode" for a Final Smash.

Perhaps Sheik will be a full-fledged character brought on by the Final Smash a la Zero Suit Samus, but I doubt Sheik will be a temporary enhancement like Giga Bowser, Super Sonic, or Wario Man. The difference is that the latter transformations simply augment the character's existing repertoire of abilities. Sheik has completely different abilities than Zelda, with their own unique advantages and disadvantages. I don't think Sakurai would go to the trouble of creating a completely unique moveset (and likely a unique set of animations) just to be a temporary "hyper mode" for a Final Smash.

I guess that does make sense..was it confirmed a while back about new models for Sheik and Gannon? I forget the details however.

Iam Canadian said:

I sure hope so, I'm a big Sheik-user.
no spoiler there
I was almost afraid when I saw ZS Samus's Side B, but after seeing the E for All footage, my fears were gone.

zerosuit_samus_071008c-l.jpg

This just leaves one big question: If Sheik is still the alternate form of Zelda, what will the Final Smash of Zelda and the Final Smash of Sheik be? I hope one of them doesn't suck like ZS Samus's one does (looks like some kinda healing move). Also, if you grab a smash ball, can you transfer it to Sheik/Zelda? GAAAHHH! Too many questions! :lol

Iam Canadian

We're not going to know any of this until Sakurai gives us a Zelda special moves update.

Unfortunately, we also need Special Move updates for Kirby, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Samus, Bowser, Peach and the Ice Climbers.

I have a very bad feeling about the impending updates.

GamerSoul

Zelda's FS would probably be her Light Arrows or some other form of light. I can't think of one for Sheik, but hopefully it will be something Ninja-y like Impa come out of no where and kickin everyone's ass! nah...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
SuperAngelo64 said:
You'd honestly rather have us make more Smash Bros. threads?

Really?

Yes. There are people out there who don't like sifting through a 40,000 page thread looking for info about a game. There are people who can't stand having to sift through retarded Nintendo fans whining about krystal to see new pics of the game.

Some people are a lot of people.

This thread is NOT THE OFFICIAL SMASH BROTHERS THREAD. It's the official DOJO UPDATE THREAD. IGN UPDATES, FAMITSU UPDATES, UPDATES THAT AREN'T FROM THE DOJO, DO NOT GO HERE.

We've had this discussion before.

Linkhero1

sp0rsk said:
Yes. There are people out there who don't like sifting through a 40,000 page thread looking for info about a game. There are people who can't stand having to sift through retarded Nintendo fans whining about krystal to see new pics of the game.

This thread is NOT THE OFFICIAL SMASH BROTHERS THREAD. It's the official DOJO UPDATE THREAD. IGN UPDATES, FAMITSU UPDATES, UPDATES THAT AREN'T FROM THE DOJO, DO NOT GO HERE.

And sp0rks lays down the law
again
:p

My prediction for tonight is something more crappy to build up hype for the Fridayton.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I think Sp0rsk seriously needs a day at the spa. The stress of managing the Dojo thread seems to be taking its toll. Maybe a nice full-body massage? I know a place.

sp0rsk said:

B-but we're the only Smash fans that matter.

pulga

Banned
sp0rsk said:

Seems a waste of space to open a new thread for a handful of new pictures, but whatever.

Question: If a certain third party character, say Simon Belmont, is revealed through an event (much like Sonic was) do we not get to talk about it in here until the Dojo update?

If I remember my lurking days correctly, when Sonic was revealed he was discussed freely in this thread, but he wasn't updated at the Dojo yet. Confusing rules and double standards ftl.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Danthrax said:
I think Sp0rsk seriously needs a day at the spa. The stress of managing the Dojo thread seems to be taking its toll. Maybe a nice full-body massage? I know a place.

Now that, would be nice.

Seems a waste of space to open a new thread for a handful of new pictures, but whatever.

What space? GAF isn't sitting on this 4 mb hard drive. We aren't having to constantly make room so people can make new threads.

Anyway, it's not open to debate.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
pulga said:

Question: If a certain third party character, say Simon Belmont, is revealed through an event (much like Sonic was) do we not get to talk about it in here until the Dojo update?

If I remember my lurking days correctly, when Sonic was revealed he was discussed freely in this thread, but he wasn't updated at the Dojo yet. Confusing rules and double standards ftl.

Kind of... like, you could talk about Simon in the context of "gosh I hope they update the Dojo with his profile!" and "I wonder what kind of moves they'll reveal for him?" I think the idea is that you can't outright post links to other sites giving new information, or post screenshots from sites outside of the Dojo; you can just talk about the info and screens.

pulga

Banned
Danthrax said:
Kind of... like, you could talk about Simon in the context of "gosh I hope they update the Dojo with his profile!" and "I wonder what kind of moves they'll reveal for him?" I think the idea is that you can't outright post links to other sites giving new information, or post screenshots from sites outside of the Dojo; you can just talk about the info and screens.

Got it, thanks.

Moving on, I feel a Pokeball incoming today, it's been a while since we've had one of those. Care to bring me up to date on the rarest of updates, Jiggy?

Jiggy

pulga said:
Got it, thanks.

Moving on, I feel a Pokeball incoming today, it's been a while since we've had one of those. Care to bring me up to date on the rarest of updates, Jiggy?
Not since Meowth on October 17th, so 30 days of updates without a Poke Ball. Feel the impending doom and quiver. :(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
pulga said:
Got it, thanks.

It's been the longest since we've had a character or Pokeball (20+ updates for both). I'm going to agree with you that a Pokeball is incoming tonight, I just don't feel a megaton coming on at this point.
Megatons are coming next week

*EDIT*Beaten by Jiggy, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom