• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox One Rumors: PS4 PSN > XBL, snap crashes games, ES RAM life long bottleneck

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcreed

Banned
These rumours are total BS. Last ditch efforts to derail the Xbox brand before launch. It's not working. I'm still buying one and it will have a better OS and online service than my PS4 in every way that matters. I have 100% confidence in that.

74343-Tombstone-well-bye-gif-hji0.gif

Oh, you'll buy it. You just won't be able to use it.

Really now.. Then I guess there will be a lot of surprised Xbox One owners on day one, myself included. :)

This is the kind of exaggeration that makes this kind of stuff hard to take serious. That there might be issues at launch? Nobody is surprised by this. But going so far as to say we won't be able to even use it? That we're just buying a $500+ box that we can only stare at, but not use at a reasonably adequate and reliable level? Yea, no...

Asd202

These rumours are total BS. Last ditch efforts to derail the Xbox brand before launch. It's not working. I'm still buying one and it will have a better OS and online service than my PS4 in every way that matters. I have 100% confidence in that.

WTF you buy video game console for better OS? Because will all know online is going to be the same.

You let them be honest. "Hey, this has framerate issues currently. Hey, this has resolution issues currently. Microsoft assures us these issues will be ironed out for launch."

What you don't do is hide huge things from consumers because you want to jerk off the developer or publisher or console manufacturer's best version of events. If an NDA prevents that honesty, then it's not fucking worth it.
Why should MS or Sony comment on rumors?

They aren't hiding anything from the consumer. Because consumers will read and try the final product which is intended for public/consumer use. What's their to hide about a final product?

Woffls

I'm sorry, it is basically a summarization of the rumors/discussion that has happened on NeoGAF and other sites. This is professional journalism?
More than other sites are doing. I expect there's a few people actively looking into this now. I reckon Kotaku and Giant Bomb will be on it at the very least.

Sorry think you forgot the /s at the end of that post....oh wait your serious?....

lol

Amir0x

Banned
Why should MS or Sony comment on rumors?

They aren't hiding anything from the consumer. Because consumers will read and try the final product which is intended for public/consumer use. What's their to hide about a final product?

They should not comment on the rumour. JOURNALISTS should report on the FACTS. If they have to sign an NDA which prevents that, they are not journalists, they are enthusiasts.

Similarly, your position on when consumers should know about the issues is seriously... I don't even know how to describe it. We should find out when the final product is out and it's often too late to go back since many people have pre-orders? If your response is "maybe you shouldn't pre-order", that's not a response. That's just conceding yet more power to these companies for no fucking reason simply because people refuse to do their damned reporting jobs.

Sorry, maybe some people think it's right to give fellatio to the different companies in this way, but I hope no self-respecting journalist does.

fade_

Yes just like resolution rumors right?

How could a dev possibly now that they never ever will be able to develop a tool that makes esram not a bottleneck?

And what exactly is a bottleneck on esram? It's size?

Nafai1123

Banned
Really now.. Then I guess there will be a lot of surprised Xbox One owners on day one, myself included. :)

This is the kind of exaggeration that makes this kind of stuff hard to take serious. That there might be issues at launch? Nobody is surprised by this. But going so far as to say we won't be able to even use it? That we're just buying a $500+ box that we can only stare at, but not use at a reasonably adequate and reliable level? Yea, no...

That really depends on your definition of reliable level, doesn't it?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I really hope nobody in the press has signed an NDA that would prevent them from doing real reporting. At least nobody in the news department at any of these sites. Luckily Kotaku and IGN have run stories today that would indicate that the news staff is not under NDA.

Erasus

Slow DDR3+ ESRAM is going to hamper the XOne throughout just like the RSX and split memory pool on PS3. Nothing they can just fix, its set in stone.

OS and infrastructure, they can fix. PS3 OS today is way better than in 2006, same with a 360.

Paganmoon

The driver is a beast. That is freaking skills

OT but he went the wrong way to begin with, skills? :)

OT2 Cutest pug ever

So you think this is all a conspiracy?

I'm firmly in the Sony camp (due to exclusives and controller preference if you must know), but I'm seriously starting to think this is a conspiracy, the sheer amount of bad info Xbox One is getting is becoming ludicrous.
If it really is as bad as the rumors say, shit I can't wrap my head around the stupidity of the Xbox division...

You cannot just tease and split. There has to be more where that came from.

lifa-cobex

Well, from what I have seen so far, everyone seems to think that the One's OS is having issues. I just checked the OP and I don't see anything but twitter post. What build is it currently in? I actually clicked on Kotaku link and there were no videos detailing any of this. If there are OP please put in the Op.

I don't seem detracted yet, although the xbone won't be my first next gen console anyway.

No point being detracted in the first place.
Just information to keep ion mind.

These pages are getting made by people who want credibility in in what is fact, fiction and rumor.
If they wish to have more views then they have to make sure that the source and information is right.
Just take the information for what its worth and do what you will with it.

My advice; Hold off from Xbone launch. Personally I think they are really rushed to counter the competition and retcon certain policy's . Eventually I'm sure it will be fine. Possibly even have a price drop if things get too shaky for them.

I really hope nobody in the press has signed an NDA that would prevent them from doing real reporting. At least nobody in the news department at any of these sites. Luckily Kotaku and IGN have run stories today that would indicate that the news staff is not under NDA.

It wouldn't necessarily have to be an NDA to stop reporting. Sites that are owned by larger corporations could be influenced by MS, Sony, Nintendo etc...

That's how we got the Kane and Lynch debacle a few years back.

Ishan

post history ... dude its cool to like a console but dont you think its good to also consider what could possibly be wrong and make a more informed decision? At the end of the day its about the games and what the experience means for you . Anyway to each his own.

DeaviL

Banned
I'm just waiting on the moment when people find out that the 10% GPU saved for Kinect, is actually mining bitcoins for Microsoft...

Caelc

Banned
I have a question. First, sorry I did not go through all the threads.

We know that both the xbox one and PS4 have day one updates which to me is an indication that they are still working on the OS on both systems and squashing bugs. If that is the case, wouldn't that mean the OS that people have been using and causing these issues are beta?

And if so, does it not make sense that of course there are bugs on both systems that most likely will get fixed by launch? 3 weeks is a lot of time for them to fix all those issues by launch as long as they don't run into problems.

Amir0x

Banned

Yea, but where were all the sites before some neoGAFers broke the news? They just wait to do their job until that moment?

a) Sign the NDA, get early access to hardware/game, report before launch.

b) Don't sign the NDA, wait till hardware/game releases, report after launch.

Pick: a) or b)?

If the NDA prevents informing consumers what they need to know, the answer is obviously B. otherwise, you're not reporting news, you're just jerking off devs/pubs

It's one thing to have an NDA which prevents a journalist from leaking certain storyline details and stuff like that, of course.

At the EB Expo I hit the Xbox button on the controller and was taken to the UI. It was extremely slow but that was likely due to an old OS build on the devkits, I was then told by the MS reps that I am not allowed to be in the XB1 menus. Maybe my experience was prophetic?

crazy buttocks on a train

quite possibly the greatest username
Didn't he leave MS? Why are we still using him for XBone GIFs?
His visaion, hs faul. tD

dontget ttro rrun fof awitjhou t fallout
this isuzses e comes from fascts. ifu wont wantt2 hera what present, cnyt help yu.

f0cus your irea t the people waho made these dcsion w regarrdi!1n harwdawar. whe nmesentger is rigeght uo get mad, but I warn becau zei don't like wht ive sen over last 20 mons.

PLAN nevr not 4 gamers. xbo or ps or wiu. al of us . when direc+ve are aps fest rfisrst, pwoetr s2nond, ths not 34 gamers. whdn questins buot drm/online poicliy are flaote intenraly and disregard 3d

bcuz monetiztn is job one 4e xcs, ths not for game34rs. when u are lid to direct l yy buot featusre, tha n7t for gaemrs. eprderi00d.

today, snap is brkne. Ffac.t. M@aby e (an dpbrobly )() fix fo alaunch
today live conetx andpaty is borknaen. Fac and m..aby e fix bgoror launch.
today

esrm is prbl and tols wil help dwon road. hw wil always be gipm in compsaarson. this w can nev changewtiout new hw. Faact. get mad at whoa ywou shdoul beg etin mad at.

no forusm
no poster$
not pelfoe who kno se what srong and want to haplep gamrs

CU afte !launh.

i-Lo

Slow DDR3+ ESRAM is going to hamper the XOne throughout just like the RSX and split memory pool on PS3. Nothing they can just fix, its set in stone.

OS and infrastructure, they can fix. PS3 OS today is way better than in 2006, same with a 360.

And yet some of the best looking games are on PS3. Consequently, Xbone will eventually outshine PS4 in visuals, albeit at a slightly lower resolution.

Camp Lo

Banned
His visaion, hs faul. tD

this isuzses e comes from fascts. ifu wont wantt2 hera what present, cnyt help yu.

f0cus your irea t the people waho made these dcsion w regarrdi!1n harwdawar. whe nmesentger is rigeght uo get mad, but I warn becau zei don't like wht ive sen over last 20 mons.

PLAN nevr not 4 gamers. xbo or ps or wiu. al of us . when direc+ve are aps fest rfisrst, pwoetr s2nond, ths not 34 gamers. whdn questins buot drm/online poicliy are flaote intenraly and disregard 3d

bcuz monetiztn is job one 4e xcs, ths not for game34rs. when u are lid to direct l yy buot featusre, tha n7t for gaemrs. eprderi00d.

today

esrm is prbl and tols wil help dwon road. hw wil always be gipm in compsaarson. this w can nev changewtiout new hw. Faact. get mad at whoa ywou shdoul beg etin mad at.

no forusm
no poster$

CU afte !launh.

Oh shit, someone decipher this!

CLEEK

I doubt such NDAs exist. More likely just editorial decisions not to chase the tails of rumours. Kotaku have always been one of the first sites to publish stories like this - something they have vilified about for the common GAF > Internet news scoops.

The more these rumours gain traction, the more likely the bigger sites will report on them and seek their own sources. You know the bomb will have been dropped if/when the Edge report comes out.

His visaion, hs faul. tD

today

no forusm
no poster$

CU afte !launh.

ouch.

this clearly speaks to the business plan that microsoft put in place for the xbone. they want that netflix and apple tv moolah.

actually, their vision of an all-in-one entertainment system is nice, sadly they went with apps first, games second, while trying to promote it as a "for gamers".

2real4tv

I am getting a ps4 but there is some truth to this if it works a should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom