• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeed

Banned
A Link to the Snitch said:
Don't you think that would be filling a niche that Snake already covers?

Gun-toting realistic character from an M rated game
Not particularly if the RE character in question is, say, Wesker. Then it's more like superhuman badass in a trenchcoat from an M rated game.

That said, Capcom only really has two truly iconic characters. One of them is Ryu, and the other isn't Wesker. Ryu might work, especially if SFIV is getting a Wii version.

Zeed

Banned
I'm going with character tonight, since Mondays are good character days.

Come on Sakurai, it's a waste of free hype if you wait for the game to come out.

That's what I hate about some fan groups. Why would Wesker get in, or Geno, or any other obscure third party character? If they're going to pick one character to represent them in probably the biggest console game this gen, why would Capcom pick Wesker over Ryu? Or why would SE go with some one-shot Mario character over an iconic character, like Sl--

Moogle?

SLIME

I refuse to get my hopes up, so you guys know what I think. Really, I hope we get the worst update humanly possible, something so bad we all just have to sit back and ask, "what the hell was that?"

That would be an awesome update.

So, standard answer, hoping for suck, for me.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I'm fond of Monday updates because they brought us Lucas and New Pork City.

Monday seems to be Mother day, so maybe we'll get a Mother update.

MisterHero

Zeed said:
Not particularly if the RE character in question is, say, Wesker. Then it's more like superhuman badass in a trenchcoat from an M rated game.

That said, Capcom only really has two truly iconic characters. One of them is Ryu, and the other isn't Wesker. Ryu might work, especially if SFIV is getting a Wii version.
I don't know about that, Jill got to fight in MvC2. >.>

But Barry would not only represent RE, but make up for the total lack of Mike Haggar!

KevinCow

Banned
That's what I hate about some fan groups. Why would Wesker get in, or Geno, or any other obscure third party character? If they're going to pick one character to represent them in probably the biggest console game this gen, why would Capcom pick Wesker over Ryu? Or why would SE go with some one-shot Mario character over an iconic character, like Sl--

Moogle?

SLIME
The thing about Geno is that Sakurai said, about Geno specifically, that he wouldn't be considered a third-party character. If it wasn't for that, I'd say he had absolutely no chance. But the fact that he mentioned Geno specifically, as well as the fact that Geno did pretty well on that poll, make me think that he has a decent shot.

TreIII

Moogle?

SLIME

Or...maybe a Moogle with a Black Mage job, complete with a DQ Slime as his Nana-like assistant! :lol

But any way, I see your point. The more obscure, the less likely the character. For instance, Viewtiful Joe probably has a better shot at getting in over Wesker, despite the former being out of the spotlight for like 2-3 years now. In spite of that, he still is fairly well known (and Joe even gave some old-school Nintendo shout-outs in his games). But really...by all sakes and purposes, we all know that there still is one other dude from the Capcom camp who deserves in even more than Joe.

Phoenix Wright! j/k
:lol

Zeed

Banned
KevinCow said:
The thing about Geno is that Sakurai said, about Geno specifically, that he wouldn't be considered a third-party character.
citationneeded.png

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Zeed said:
I hear this cited a lot but I've never seen the source. Where did Sakurai say this? Because Geno is a third party character.
I think it's on his blog where he was talking about the character poll. I'll see if I can dig it up again, since I found it after I saw it mentioned in this thread.

EDIT:The links I've found to it aren't working since the site has become the dojo since then.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Can anyone give me a where most of the blog entries about the poll were made? I'll keep checking it out but that would help speed things up.

EDIT: WebArchive screws up the Japanese site text really bad. Any other suggestions? I will solve this mystery.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
You guys are guessing something good will be unveiled? Oh children, so full of hope

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Time for my same monthly prediction.

midna.jpg

BELIEVE

Failing that, I predict a giant "gotcha" picture with a video of Sakurai saying the delay was just a joke, you can go buy it today.

Moogle?

SLIME
Snitch, do you think Sonic got in because he is Sega's icon, or because fans from the 16-bit era wanted to see another chapter in the Mario and Sonic rivalry? Was Snake included because he is iconic of Konami, or because of Kojima's request? What about Ice Climbers, Lucas, or King Dedede? I'd say Ballon Fighter, Ness, and Dark Matter are every bit as iconic from their respective series.

You can debate the finer details of my post above, certainly, but the bottom line is I don't think a character's inclusion will be based on how iconic he is, but what the fans clamor for, and what can feasibly fit. Granted, yes, I'm sure Sakurai can make a Slime character, and he is representative of the DQ franchise, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's going to rank higher than Geno would on the polls.

Yeah, I'm going to echo the sentiment that the Zelda franchise get more characters. Screw Kirby and Mario getting all the love. There has to be more than just Link/Zelda/Ganondorf. I would kill to see Midna in the game, her moveset would likely be very fun.

LegendofJoe said:
Yeah, I'm going to echo the sentiment that the Zelda franchise get more characters. Screw Kirby and Mario getting all the love. There has to be more than just Link/Zelda/Ganondorf. I would kill to see Midna in the game, her moveset would likely be very fun.
Fyer_and_Falbi.jpg

Jiggy

LegendofJoe said:
Yeah, I'm going to echo the sentiment that the Zelda franchise get more characters. Screw Kirby and Mario getting all the love. There has to be more than just Link/Zelda/Ganondorf.
As far as new characters go, Mario's gotten 0% of the love so far, unless you'd count Wario.

TreIII

LegendofJoe said:

Kirby getting "all the love"?

...Did we some how forget that, until this game, Kirby was by himself in the last few games?

At least Link got Ganon and Zelda to roll with him last time around, and with them, you basically have the main trio represented. The Kirby series just DID catch up with that, through MK and DDD. You really don't need any more beyond that.

mball08_071210a.jpg

mball08_071210b-l.jpg

Bonsly walks around.

Why is this Pokémon named Bonsly? Those familiar with the world of Pokémon understand that while it appears to be a bonsai tree, Bonsly’s body is made up of rocks and stones.

mball08_071210c-l.jpg

It’s pretty heavy!

mball08_071210d-l.jpg

When you throw it at someone, it won’t fly far...

mball08_071210e-l.jpg

But it sure does hurt!

Even if an opponent’s damage meter is below 50%, this thing packs enough power to potentially knock him or her off.

You may only get hit once in a while, but if you do, watch out!!

mball08_071210f-l.jpg

Oh, and it’s not like it can’t be reflected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom