• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
ShockingAlberto said:
In the same way that terminal cancer is "an interesting life challenge".

owl-what.jpg

grandjedi6 said:
[huge, sad Electrode picture]

You're getting mileage out of that image
unfortunately =\

traveler

Not Wario
For the record, I am only disappointed with the updates in the context of updates from months past; the fact that he is consistently providing us with information, no matter how meager, is something few do and, as such, isn't disappointing in the slightest.

Enk

makes good threads.
The site shows yet another "meh" update.

What do you do?
>drink grog

Enk sips his beverage. It makes his brain feel warm and melty.

What do you do?
>continue on with life

Enk slays a grue and drinks more grog.

Jiggy

Dreavus said:
Well at least their doing something a little different by letting you pick up and throw the guy, instead of him just doing his own thing and then disappearing.
This is true. A silver lining right here, albeit a small one. I also appreciated the ability to knock out Chansey in SSBM, and I do like that Munchlax can actually eat items as opposed to being the usual damage dealer.

That said, I still don't have too much fondness for the Poke Ball updates, admittedly. :D (This, even though a Pokemon main series RPG has been either my GOTY or the runner-up for four years straight now. Even I don't particularly care for the unevolved weaklings. Unless they're Jigglypuff and Vulpix (#37), of course. >_>)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Game-Biz said:
Do you guys think we'll ever see a Megaton again?

I don't think so. The best updates have been shown.

Interesting inference. I'm sure you have a time machine of some sort (currently working on my own)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Game-Biz said:
You're assumption is correct, my friend.

Time-Machine-VI.jpg

Built it myself...

It's fuckawesome, too.

Just don't forget to bring lots of matches with you. They're extremely important in the distant future. Or so I hear.

Also, bring some good updates back with you, would you? Thanks bunches!

Sciz

HK-47 said:
Interesting inference. I'm sure you have a time machine of some sort (currently working on my own)

What, you mean to say you don't have a Chron-O-John?

8b4o5k4.jpg

Purple Tentacle for Brawl

KevinCow

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
This is true. A silver lining right here, albeit a small one. I also appreciated the ability to knock out Chansey in SSBM, and I do like that Munchlax can actually eat items as opposed to being the usual damage dealer.
You could pick up Electrode in Melee. I have no idea how, as I'm usually too busy fleeing and the few times I've tried to do so, I was unsuccessful, but I'm certain I've done it accidentally before.

Gaborn

Honestly, this is pretty bad... but it's not THAT bad. Can you honestly say this is worse than some of the "how to play" updates we've gotten lately? or the "game modes" updates? This is something we DIDN'T know about, and it's relatively unique. Has there been any other Pokeball Pokemon that we could pick up and throw? I can't think of any other examples in Smash Bros.

I like updates that do something different and interesting. They could have given us just any random shooting pokemon and it'd be so much worse to me, we've seen that mechanic over and over and over again. This is relatively NEW. That should be encouraged (in moderation).

Though, at this point, the sad thing is I KNOW some of the whiners are going to call it a lame update if tomorrow is a character and it's Captain Falcon or *shudder* Krystal. Let me say clearly though. I DON'T want Krystal to be a character. But if she's the character that Sakurai uses to break the string of characterless updates then SO BE IT. I don't care if they reveal Jigglypuff. Hell, they can reveal that PIKMiN is a charater (not Olimar, Pikmin, as in a pikmin). and I'll be cheering for them as at least SOMETHING NEW.

Oh, and
make the next character revealed be Ashley

methodman

Banned
Oh no, the update wasn't good enough for me, my day is ruined! Sakurai, if you aren't going to give us good daily updates, then why do daily updates at all?!

... :lol

Speevy

Banned
Maybe there's a code to decipher in these updates.

Like take the 4th, 7th, and 15th letter of each update and you'll get a complex riddle which will eventually reveal Olimar.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Speevy said:
Maybe there's a code to decipher in these updates.

Like take the 4th, 7th, and 15th letter of each update and you'll get a complex riddle which will eventually reveal Olimar.

You know, you're just encouraging Jiggy by saying this. =P

Gaborn said:
Honestly, this is pretty bad... but it's not THAT bad. Can you honestly say this is worse than some of the "how to play" updates we've gotten lately? or the "game modes" updates? This is something we DIDN'T know about, and it's relatively unique. Has there been any other Pokeball Pokemon that we could pick up and throw? I can't think of any other examples in Smash Bros.
item12_071120e.jpg

bigswords

Heard that this version of the Smash Bros has a co-op option in the Adventure mode? Is this confirmed plus is the co-op experience online as well?

mclem

Sciz said:
Purple Tentacle for Brawl
Ages and ages ago, I came to the conclusion that possibly the best company to put out a similar Brawl-alike with their own characters could be Lucasarts. Who wouldn't want to beat up Darth Vader with Bernard Bernoulli, or LeChuck with Bobbin Threadbare?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
mclem said:
Ages and ages ago, I came to the conclusion that possibly the best company to put out a similar Brawl-alike with their own characters could be Lucasarts. Who wouldn't want to beat up Darth Vader with Bernard Bernoulli, or LeChuck with Bobbin Threadbare?

To say nothing of Sam & Max, or several of the characters from Full Throttle.

Pokemon update rules all!

Salurai shud just give us Legendary Pokemon updates, i dont remember Groundon or Deoxys being as hotly angered as these crappy ones..

Kreed

I'm starting to like the bad Dojo updates as much as the good ones, just for the responses to the updates in this thread. :lol

Yazan

Next update

Using the cursor

wi-fi04_071207d-l.jpg

Just move the pointer on the character you want to select. I have also made so that you can use the wiimote!

zssbmselect.jpg

Look! 4 people can choose at the same time! DK vs Samus vs Link vs Fox. Just like SSBM, that's why you are seeing the same screen!

OH I almost forgot. You can even choose a stage!

wi-fi04_071207e-l.jpg

Awesome, isn't it??!

Thriller

Yazan said:
Next update

Using the cursor

wi-fi04_071207d-l.jpg

Just move the pointer on the character you want to select. I have also made so that you can use the wiimote!

zssbmselect.jpg

Look! 4 people can choose at the same time! DK vs Samus vs Link vs Fox. Just like SSBM, that's why you are seeing the same screen!

OH I almost forgot. You can even choose a stage!

wi-fi04_071207e-l.jpg

Awesome, isn't it??!

be carefull man! sakurai is amongst us..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom