• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciz

Jiggy37 said:
Well, you all have gone and done it. Now I'm in an Earthbound mood and that means for tonight I predict not one, but two versions of the New Age Retro Hippie theme: one with vocals and one without. Would blow my mind.

Stop making me desire impossible things.

Edit: Now you've got me thinking about how excellent a Runaway 5 medley would be.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q311xD6udo

Believe. Tangent, though: I can't believe this dude can stand to play with the text settings on anything less than fast. :eek:

I can't believe he can stand to equip Ness with a Slingshot. The loss in accuracy isn't worth the offensive gain.

Sciz said:
Edit: Now you've got me thinking about how excellent a Runaway 5 medley would be.

Funny you should say that; I just noticed a poster today at my campus advertising a video game music concert by a band calling themselves "The Runaway Five" and it's on my birthday.

It's got to be some kind of sign.

TreIII

Milabrega said:
Is all of Earthbound zany battles like that?

Indeed.

Mother/Earthbound. The only RPG series where catching colds, calling your mom and regularly making sure your checking account is in balance, are ALL part of your overall quest to save the world.

Jiggy

Milabrega said:
Is all of Earthbound zany battles like that?
Basically. I wish I could find a video of the Annoying Old Party Man for you.

"The Annoying Old Party Man grumbled about today's youth! Ness's Guts went down 6 points!" or something like that.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I would LOVE to hear a theme for the New Age Retro Hippie or the Runaway Five. I hope its not all Mother 3 music, since NOA is still being collective retards and I have yet to play Mother 3

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'm with JT, the music is the shining light recently, i would love to see/hear some more. prefferably classic themes re done.

Milabrega said:
Its the Piplup Bonsly effect. I'm sure college finals are contributing too.

Im working on a 25 page poltical science research paper due Wednesday. My only releif comes from refreshing this thread :lol

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Let's hope some characters get announced in korokoro on Saturday. Which, btw, we will probably get news for tomorrow or the day after.

zaxor0

I predict an option similar to the one where you can set how often the music from certain games appear while playing.

But in this option, you can set how often bonsly appears. However, by default its set to very often. So why would you want to change it?

Linkhero1

I saw bonsly and didn't even bother coming to this thread. :(

Friday can't come any sooner. Also my prediction for tonight is the final starter newcomer.

Jiggy

sp0rsk said:
Let's hope some characters get announced in korokoro on Saturday. Which, btw, we will probably get news for tomorrow or the day after.
If this were an NPD thread with tons of pictures freely sanctioned, I'd be posting dancing GIFs and all that right about now.

Firestorm

About the Bonsly thing, if this was a Charmander update I'd be going nuts ^_^

sp0rsk said:

Hm? Explain more? I wasn't into hardcore into Pokemon in the lead up to Diamond/Pearl so I didn't really pay attention to the magazine. How does it work?

Milabrega

Going to Predict an update about the use of coins.

sp0rsk said:

How will news for that come early?

Jiggy

Now that Firestorm mentioned it, I guess I do have to wonder what constitutes "news" in this case. >_> I assumed it meant a full early reveal of what would be in the magazine, but maybe it's just a preview teaser.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
layzie1989 said:
I predict a lame update
(reverse psychology)

This does not work.

Might as well go for the same prediction two nights in a row.

midna.jpg

BELIEVE

Jiggy37 said:
The quickening of people leaving the thread, no doubt. :(

The press event and E For All seems to have done more damage to the excitement for Brawl by this kind of crowd than I would have ever predicted. You have to admit, after all the "seen it" updates, we're even shrugging off the new things that may have been mini-tons in the past. And this unannounced character drought was a poor decision.

There is just some general fatigue with the small things, that's understandable. But there is a very noticeable difference in tone from before the events and afterward. Novembore would've had a few nice surprises if the events hadn't happened, and the Dojo couldn't presume you'd followed them.

Jiggy

Kulock said:
The press event and E For All seems to have done more damage to the excitement for Brawl by this kind of crowd than I would have ever predicted. You have to admit, after all the "seen it" updates, we're even shrugging off the new things that may have been mini-tons in the past.
I don't know about that last point. We were pretty receptive to Fox's Misfortune, the Fire Emblem theme, Gray Fox, Spectator, color changes, Saki, the Donkey Kong music Hip Tanaka being among the composers, Wario's final smash, Events, and X: Tunnel Scene.

Milabrega

Kulock said:
. And this unannounced character drought was a poor decision.

Not really, if the next character update is a Vet, then I would agree. ALthough a Vet update would be welcome.

But right now those that follow the smash site are salivating for a newcomer update, we're rabid. So much so, that if the next character update is a Newcomer, a giant tsunami sized ripple of excitement would spread over internet messageboards. And that may be the effect they are going for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom