• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megam...Pac-Man? Seriously, though, I think there's a good chance we're done with 3rd Party Characters. Right now, I'll take any character profile at all.

Edit: I hope that this wasn't too far. If so, I'll edit my post.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
ratcliffja said:
Honestly, I figured we'd get a profile AFTER the magazine was released. What day/time is it in Japan right now?
3:30pm on the 14th. I doubt we'll see anything until later on tomorrow night.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
beelzebozo said:
don't really play much smash brothers, but if ridley is in as a playable/unlockable, i can't help myself
He's likely but the rumor from earlier was proven fake so don't go by that.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
RoboPlato said:
I was referring to the Coro Coro article. I don't think it's going to leak out.

I'm sure it's out somewhere, most people don't pick up CoroCoro early like they do Jump and Fami.

Jiggy

Yeah, I was only kind of half-joking earlier; I wouldn't be too surprised to see a full character update as a sort of CoroCoro preview. I'm still standing by my prediction of Zelda's final smash, though. >_>

Edit: This post took way longer than it should have because the connections to the internets were being spotty. So if I don't manage to get stats up tonight or something, you'll know why.

RedBoot

A character update? Clearly the most obvious addition at this point would be Sukapon.

I mean Captain Falcon.

Probably gonna see a final smash though. Hopefully it'll be Snake or Zelda so we get something new.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The DS assist Trophy.

It prints a huge pile of money and the money becomes a steep mountain in the middle of the stage.

It's easy to slip on this massive mountain of cash

The coins can be thrown at the other players.

Anyone want to make up some pictures, feel free.

Game-Biz

There's not going to be any character update today. Dream on, my friends. Dream the fuck on.

If anything, we *might* get a double Final-Smash update for Sonic and ZSS.*

*Now that I have lowered my expectations the chances of me being disappointed have significantly decreased. Awesome! :)

traveler

Not Wario
Well, in honor of the last update (hopefully) before we know the full roster, let me make my prediction of Geno in doubt for the last time.

Milabrega

Predicting Item update: Healing Items

Could potentially get three huge confirmations at once Maxim Tomato, Heart Container and Food all in one update...

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
sp0rsk said:
I have a feeling we're getting a character tonight.

neogaf1.gif

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
AniHawk said:
So we're seeing a spinoff franchise of a spinoff franchise make a cameo within a spinoff franchise.

I think you need one more degree of seperation in there, to indicate the move from Mario Bros. to Super Mario Bros.

Or not.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I predict an early update for the entire roster next month. Sakurai has a sense of humor, he must release full roster next month on NPD day and crash the internet.

sprsk

People should know I watch this thread like a hawk around this time. You can't get away with ANYTHING close to update time.

assist13_071214a.jpg

This character, the prince of the heavenly seas, appeared in the Japan-only release "Densetsu no Stafy". He’s shaped like a star, but maybe he’s really a starfish???

assist13_071214b-l.jpg

I’ll do it! I’m doing it!

...He never says anything like that.

assist13_071214c-l.jpg

His body shines brightly.

assist13_071214d-l.jpg

He boldly does a spin attack!

assist13_071214e-l.jpg

But...he’s weak?

He’s rare for an Assist Trophy, as he can be attacked.

Sometimes you may wonder "Stafy, why did you even come here?!" – but that’s part of his charm.

assist13_071214f-l.jpg

Owwwwwww!

----------------------------------------------

assist14_071214a.jpg

The fact that he’s an Assist Trophy means he won’t be appearing as a playable character, but...

assist14_071214b-l.jpg

...Waluigi appears nonetheless!

assist14_071214c-l.jpg

He dashes at foes...

assist14_071214d-l.jpg

He stomps on whoever he currently despises!

Characters that suffer his stomping get embedded in the dirt.

Waluigi keeps on stomping, punishing his foe persistently with successive blows. As should be expected from Waluigi.

assist14_071214e-l.jpg

He finishes with a mighty kick...

assist14_071214f-l.jpg

...or his tennis racket!

Never forget to finish off those who are helpless to resist. Such a philosophy should really be expected from Waluigi.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Waluigi as an assist trophy is a bit of a letdown.... if he's not playable I think I might be expecting to much from the playable character roster....

sprsk

MEGATON

WALUIGIIIIIIIIIIIIIII STARFYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I don't care that they are assists, thank god Waluigi is in the game.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Double AT update on Japanese site... some weird star thing, and Waluigi... thank God Waluigi isn't a playable character!

[edit] Beaten by like 20 people above me, apparently >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom