• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well with the way people have reacted in regards to the original anime material that will comprise the show, baby steps may remain relatively unpopular and CR unwilling to spend the energy to try to get the manga.

And with how long it is now, doubtful it will ever be picked up for print.
Just gotta have faith brah. I transferred moat of my life force to get Soul Catcher(S) out of the back of Jump.

We need more releases like Vinland Saga here. Extra content, oversized, hardcover. Great presentation. The Amazon fiasco hurts it though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Nakama don't treat their nakama like that, uguunakama.

I see what you're doing, so I'm going to hold my hand back.

At least I can take pleasure in knowing that with the release of Season 5: 4th Voyage, K-F will be officially obsolete.

Naruto 655

Pointless chapter that could have been remedied if Minato had just let Kakashi killed Obito and send him off to where ever Rin is.

Bleach 557

Pretty exciting chapter.

Komamura is actually succeeding in making me root for him.

One Piece 728

lol Robin already making another shocked expression this arc.

Wish Oda would have shown Bart foaming at the mouth.

Akito

Kyou Kara Ore Wa v08
The "Random delinquent pops up, messes with Mitsuhashi and/or his friends just to gets his ass kicked in one way or another by him afterwards" storyline is starting to feel tiresome to me. The school trip started out nicely but then it was just business as usual.

upandaway

Kyou Kara Ore Wa v08
The "Random delinquent pops up, messes with Mitsuhashi and/or his friends just to gets his ass kicked in one way or another by him afterwards" storyline is starting to feel tiresome to me. The school trip started out nicely but then it was just business as usual.
You might wanna slow down the pace a bit then. The whole point is Mitsuhashi/Itou/Riko interaction with all these silly dudes, so if it's getting samey, you might be taking too much of it in.

It definitely worked out for me at a chapter per day, just saying.

Akito

You might wanna slow down the pace a bit then. The whole point is Mitsuhashi/Itou/Riko interaction with all these silly dudes, so if it's getting samey, you might be taking too much of it in.

It definitely worked out for me at a chapter per day, just saying.
But I'm already taking it pretty slowly with one volume per day at most, any slower and I might feel like the number of remaining volumes will actually increase lol
Ah well, I don't usually do this but maybe I can find another complete series and then read them both in rotation.

upandaway

But I'm already taking it pretty slowly with one volume per day at most, any slower and I might feel like the number of remaining volumes will actually increase lol
Ah well, I don't usually do this but maybe I can find another complete series and then read them both in rotation.
Well yeah but it's a really really long episodic sol, not really something to read in bulk.

Think about it this way, the more days you read KKOW in, the more days you'll be happy in. Flawless logic.

(by the way i suggest tripeace, shhh i said nothing)

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
If Kakashi killed Obito point blank in this chapter and then we moved on to Madara after about 5 pages in, this entire arc would be redeemed (okay not really but it would garner an A+).

Kyuur

If Kakashi killed Obito point blank in this chapter and then we moved on to Madara after about 5 pages in, this entire arc would be redeemed (okay not really but it would garner an A+).

I was really hoping he was going to do it.. but it goes against the theme Kishi is going for I guess. This makes it concrete that the sauce will be redeemed. : |

Akito

Well yeah but it's a really really long episodic sol, not really something to read in bulk.

Think about it this way, the more days you read KKOW in, the more days you'll be happy in. Flawless logic.

(by the way i suggest tripeace, shhh i said nothing)

MU says Rushed Ending/Axed, how bad was it?

Well with the way people have reacted in regards to the original anime material that will comprise the show, baby steps may remain relatively unpopular and CR unwilling to spend the energy to try to get the manga.

And with how long it is now, doubtful it will ever be picked up for print.
Woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah. Baby Steps is going to have original material and be animated by the brahs that did Kingdom? It's going to be a disaster, isn't it? :(

Akito

Not that bad if you know it's coming. At the very least, the ending seems to have been planned from the beginning, just carried out earlier (and shorter).

The best arcs are clean, I swear.
Alright, I'll take a look at it tomorrow, if I can find some spare time in between the next gen hype that is.

Oricon Comic Rankings November 4th - November 10th

01. One Piece #72 (638,853 / 2,178,858)
02. D.Gray-man #24 (153,849 / 331,940)
03. Initial D #48 (119,895)
04. Toriko #27 (118,574 / 270,899)
05. Kimi ni Todoke #20 (113,171 / 790,647)
06. Ajin #3 (77,683)
07. Vampire Knight #19 (67,948)
08. Nisekoi #9 (67,037 / 140,342)
09. Beelzebub #24 (63,024 / 133,673)
10. Ane no Kekkon #6 (61,191)
11. Atashinchi #19 (57,911)
12. Tei no Shihou #6 (48,103)
13. Ohku #10 (44,163 / 182,242)
14. I Am A Hero #13 (41,683 / 136,257)
15. Kiss×Sis #12 (38,683)
16. Lucky☆Star #10 (38,574)
17. Uchuu Kyoudai #22 (38,382 / 365,436)
18. Vagabond #36 (35,450 / 368,695)
19. xxxHolic Rei #1 (34,952 / 303,947)
20. Hetalia Axis Powers #6 (33,786 / 86,150)
21. Gin no Saji #9 (32,873 / 675,039)
22. Magi #19 (32,713 / 493,277)
23. Kanshikan Tsunemori Akane #3 (32,624 / 70,107)
24. Psychometrer #11 (30,813)
25. Inu×Boku SS #10 (30,246 / 320,225)
26. 87 Clockers #4 (29,093)
27. Fairy Tail #40 (27,799 / 465,636)
28. Jojolion #5 (27,584 / 438,690)
29. Witchcraft Works #6 (27,573)
30. Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji One Poker-hen #1 (26,338)
31. Youkai Apart no Yuuga na Nichijou #5 (26,210)
32. Amanchu! #7 (25,470)
33. Omamori Himari #12 (24,564)
34. Super Lovers #6 (23,712 / 79,506)
35. Shingeki no Kyojin #11 (23,540 / 1,440,603)
36. Giant Killing #29 (23,317 / 262,995)
37. One Piece #71 (20,958 / 2,878,237)
38. Uchi no Pochi no Iukoto Niwa #7 (20,592)
39. Hakaijuu #11 (20,285)
40. Otome to Meteor #1 (19,310)
41. Joshiraku #6 (19,167)
42. Vampire Knight Limited Edition #19 (19,059)
43. Sayonara Sorcier #2 (18,985)
44. Horimiya #4 (18,957 / 96,786)
45. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu #6 (18,530 / 611,464)
46. Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai #2 (18,306 / 44,288)
47. Doubutsu no Kuni #13 (17,833)
48. Kiss×Sis Limited Edition Edition #12 (17,440)
49. Drop OG #7 (16,679)
50. Shingeki no Kyojin #10 (16,404 / 1,904,272)

ryan13ts

One Piece:

Did anyone else notice the little girl with the eyepatch in Doflamingo's crew was still... well, a little girl even 10 years ago in the flashback? Is she like some sort of child that never grows old, or maybe it's related to an ability/Devil Fruit she might have?

Also, I can't see a child like that being any sort of combatant for Doffy, but at the same time he probably wouldn't keep an ordinary child around just the hell of it. My guess is that she has some sort of passive ability that benefits him in some way or another, what that ability may be is anyone's guess.

BatDan

Alright, I'll take a look at it tomorrow, if I can find some spare time in between the next gen hype that is.

One Piece kicking ass, as per usual.
D. Gray-man is still being made? Huh, thought she gave up on it.
I think Shueisha should throw in the towel and accept that Toriko is not going to be the "next big thing". Especially when a better food-related manga appeared (and I like Toriko).
*sees Vampire Knight* Well, that explains why it's popular here in the states.

Pluto v2

Atom is easily by far my favorite character in this. The human touch he adds to this with his inquisitive thoughts and ability to see that which has not been seen adds an amazing level of suspense to the story. Somehow its such a fast read that I barely realized that I finished it in only two and a half hours.

Teddie and the robot locked away are the more intriguing aspects here as they seem to hold the secrets that I most want to know about. The creepy laugh and memory, the 500 line at the end, and a bit more made his scene with Gesicht most memorable. And one minor thing, Teddie creeping in on the president speech, nice touch.

Still I just really want know if memory was truly tampered with and why.

09. Beelzebub #24 (63,024 / 133,673)

I'm happy to see Beelzebub is starting to catch up. I guess all the comedy happening in it at the moment is getting people back into it.

Sora no Otoshimono 74

God, even with a forced backstory, this chapter done nothing but leaves me with even more questions that I want to get answered. D:

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Oh god i'm dying here ahahhahahahah.
Probably i won't call him Enel because it reminds me of this Enel and it sounds weird.

Fake edit: I just saw that it operates in tons of country and not here in Italy... maybe it's just that the origin of his name.
It's Eneru. Calling him Enel is just english fanwank trying to give the name deeper meaning than it's meant to have. Thankfully Viz and Funimation kept his name as Eneru as it's suppose to be.
No. Enel was a sun god brah, thats his origin.

Sure, the arc about native americans had a villain named after the Mesopotamian Lord of Wind..... yeah, no.

Eneru is obviously a pun on the word Energy, which is why they use the exact same symbols as the japanese word for energy. It isn't any deeper than that.

Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru 10

Ahhhhhhhh, it's over. D:

Well, while it wasn't a definite ending in any terms, it wasn't all that bad of an ending. It kept the whimsical feeling the series had and
actually telling his brother's girlfriend he has a new girlfriend at least seems like he's moving on from her.

Nonetheless, I really enjoyed this.

vareon

It's Eneru. Calling him Enel is just english fanwank trying to give the name deeper meaning than it's meant to have. Thankfully Viz and Funimation kept his name as Eneru as it's suppose to be.

Sure, the arc about native americans had a villain named after the Mesopotamian Lord of Wind..... yeah, no.

Eneru is obviously a pun on the word Energy, which is why they use the exact same symbols as the japanese word for energy. It isn't any deeper than that.

Japan obviously do not care much about Eneru/Enel.

Ep6e8d4.jpg

I just like Enel because it sounds...godlier...than Eneru. My local translation used Enel anyway.

It's Enel. Get used to it.

BatDan

Until Oda himself writes it down in English in a manga page, then it's still unknown.

wonzo

Banned
Magdala de Nemure 1-4

I was expecting more from the author of Spice and Wolf & Billionaire Girl as this doesn't really have the hook those had. It's about an Alchemist (considered a heretic by the church) on death row who's saved by a Knights guild to experiment for them. The alchemist is joined by a former ally and a girl from the Guild who watches over them both to report on their deeds.

I would've just stopped here but something actually interesting happened for once at the end of the fourth chapter so I'll stick with it for now to see if it ends up going anywhere worthwhile.

789shadow

Banned
How the fuck is there even a difference? It's not like calling Crocodile Clock Dell. His name doesn't even have a special meaning to mess up.

BatDan

Or until viz media gets their heads out of their asses and learns how to translate

Viz used Eneru. Though they called "Kami" instead of God because they're cowards. Even though I'm pretty sure the people reading manga aren't god-fearing Christians that flip out over things like that.
... I often feel like I'm the only person that doesn't like Viz.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
How the fuck is there even a difference? It's not like calling Crocodile Clock Dell. His name doesn't even have a special meaning to mess up.

Calling Enel 『Eneru』 is like calling a character named Joe Sandwich 『Jo Sandoichi.』

Shintetsu no Agartha 03

Lots and lots of words.

Kinda surprised the group is already fighting the king or whatever.

It's getting bogged down by all its technogabble making it a lot less interesting at this point.

Viz used Eneru. Though they called "Kami" instead of God because they're cowards. Even though I'm pretty sure the people reading manga aren't god-fearing Christians that flip out over things like that.
... I often feel like I'm the only person that doesn't like Viz.

Most people have no reason to hate them, they're too busy reading it for free. The quality of their translations is irrelevant. The people who hate them are the people like us who actually want to pay to support manga.

Pimpwerx

Naruto
WTF? Now everyone is using talk no jutsu? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING! Anyway, Naruto about to get involved in the Madara-First squabble. That giant rasenshuriken, what is he going to attack with it? I hope it's the tree, because he has no chance of beating Madara with it. Also, a hiatus until the New Year? Ugh. At least this should mean the next few chapters hit with a bang.

Bleach
So...who wants to bet wolfy gets worffed anyway? I never understood the point of explaining moves out loud. An internal monologue, I can understand, but telling the opponent what your move does? This is just begging for him to get worffed. How often do these suicide moves pay off in manga where people never die anyway? Seems like a terrible idea.

One Piece
This arc is kinda dragging. The backstory is good, I guess, but I'd like to know more about Dofla's personal history now. Oh...and some action wouldn't be bad. We had that little spat between Flamingo and Law, and I don't want to return to that to find that Law got his ass kicked off-panel. Seems like the crew is starting to reform though. At least we might have 3 larger groups now. The army attacking the factory/Flamingo, the Sunny returning back to Dressrosa, and Luffy, Zoro and Kinemon at the Colosseum. Bellamy can only share information, I don't see him standing a chance against Luffy. PEACE.

BatDan

Most people have no reason to hate them, they're too busy reading it for free. The quality of their translations is irrelevant. The people who hate them are the people like us who actually want to pay to support manga.

Good point.
Just another reason the comic book industry is dying (and yes I mean both American and Japanese comic books). That and the horrible decisions made with the DC relaunch.

Soma

Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru End

Only 10 chapters huh. I was about to say the ending felt pretty rushed and I was disappointed that neither main character made their feelings towards each other explicitly known...

...but then I read the credits page that mentions the manga only covered the first volume of the light novel. So I guess that makes sense.

In any case, this was a pretty good read. The guy's inferiority complex towards his older brother was kind of a drag but at least that actually managed to get settled by the end. At ten chapters I'd recommend it to people looking for something in the vein of Horimiya or other similar romance manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom